“Excellent small friendly hotel with all facilities.”

Craigmonie Hotel & Leisure Ltd.
Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed 24 September 2009

Delightful stay . Excellent dining experience. Efficient and friendly staff. Lovely small pool ,gym.sauna and treatment availability. Quiet but convenient town location.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 September 2009

lovely welcoming receptionist, very helpful staff. large comfy rooms with huge bathroom, spotlessly clean. great stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2009

Can't fault this hotel at all. The room we were allocated (Rm 117) was extremely comfortable, clean and spacious with a bright, fresh en-suite bathroom. Tea/coffee making facilities, shortbread and ironing board etc were also provided. The bed in the room was HUGE!
The staff were all very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was extremely good - plenty choice and lots of it!!
The pool and sauna were lovely too.
All in all, a very pleasant stay!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2009

We stayed at Craigmonie only for 1 night. I wish we had more time in Inverness to see more.The hotel is conveniently located on a quiet street on the hill, but on a walking distance to the main attraction area. We had 3 rooms, we stayed on 3rd floor attic room with slanted ceilings.It was furnished conveniently and had a great marble bathroom with a shower and tub and a skylight.Some guest may complain about the narrow corridors or noisy floors, but we were not disturbed by anything. they had a good bar in the sitting room with a fireplace and leather sofas.Another sitting room had games for kids.There was a small pool and jacuzzi.The receptionist made recommendations for dining out, although they had a nice restaurant there we opted dining out.I recommend this hotel if you're on the road touring the Highlands on your own.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2009

My family of four stayed in an unusual self contained two storey "apartment" with independent access from the car park. Internally it overlooked the pool & health spa. Double bedroom & bathroom upstairs, living room at ground floor level sink unit and double sofa bed.
Good points; friendly helpful & efficient staff; clean, nicely decorated, very good breakfast
Niggles; the room was warm & slightly noise due to the pool ventilation, tired pool & changing areas, one poor evening meal out of eight, in this room the children would have to sleep together
10 mins walk from Inverness centre. We would happily recommend

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2009

I visited the Craigmonie for 2 nights whilst in Inverness on business.

I arrived late (after midnight) and the night duty staff were extremely friendly - which I found throughout my stay. Unfortunately the lift was out of action and I was on the 2nd floor - but the receptionist kindly carried my suitcase for me so this wasn't a problem. The lift was fixed the next day, although it was the slowest lift in the world - going down, I wasn't sure if I was moving at all and kept pressing all the buttons!

The room was large with a desk, usual wardrobe, chest of drawers, comfy chair, tv etc, and two single beds pulled together to make a queen size. The bathroom was clean, but I was disappointed on my first night there were no toiletries (had been banking on soap!), but they did appear on my second day so all was forgiven.

The problem I had with my room was that there was only one window which was high up with various pully attachments to open and close as desired which was fine although I think you need a fair amount of upper body strength to close it! With no curtains or black out blinds, I was woken up at 5am by the sun (and the early risers stomping past my room) causing me to jump out of bed to find out the time (no bedside clock/radio) only to realise I had a good 3 hours to go before I had to get up - but unable to get back to sleep because of the light.

I can't comment on breakfast as I only had weetabix and toast - the cooked breakfast was served as a buffet style, as a vegetarian it looked unappealing but that could just be me! Dinner was served in record speed time and was very tasty.

<b> Liked </b> Friendly staff, spacious room, free wifi, clean and comfortable.
<b> Disliked </b> Lack of toiletries on first night, position of window and lack of window dressing

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2009

i went with my wife for a weekend break & had a great time the staff where great , the food was good, they have a good pool & sauna will go back again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple