Lowest prices for your stay
Special rate available
Get rewarded with One Key
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
All reviews pool and sauna friendly hotel breakfast room ten minute walk plenty of parking town centre enjoyable stay car park
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 January 2022 via mobile

What a lovely friendly hotel , stayed here for new year and staff went above and beyond to make our stay so enjoyable and memorable!!

Food was lovely , especially the full Scottish breakfast in the morning, and a special shout to Edward who was just charming and super friendly, a credit to the hotel !!

Will definitely be coming back

Karen & Gary

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2021 via mobile

3rd time here. They held our money from covid time which made life easy. Parking can be difficult as there are a lot of meetings some evenings.
Very easy access to countryside by car and easy 15 minute walk to all downtown restaurants.
We ate there 1 night and food was enjoyable. Good selection of whisky.
Breakfast is normal Scottish buffet. Good, not spectacular.
Staff are all pleasant and helpful
Room 251 was large and quiet. Layout is disjointed due to age of building and additions. Rooms are just showing their age after renovations, but mostly clean.
We will return. Thanks

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Drillerkc2014
Niall MacLennan, General Manager at Craigmonie Hotel Inverness by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2021

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your last 3 visits to the hotel and that we are situated in a convenient area for your needs. We are delighted that you enjoyed dining in our restaurant and our selection of whisky's were to your liking.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 13 November 2021

My wife and extended family stayed at the hotel for 5 nights in July this year on our visit to Scotland. The 19th century 'country house' style hotel is situated in a quiet residential area with a large off road car park. We found the hotel to be comfortable with a relaxed atmosphere and excellent facilities managed by friendly attentive staff. On the first evening, following a tiring journey by road from the lake district, we decided to dine in at the hotel. The meal was fine but we were alone in the main empty dining room as everyone else was in the warm cosy lounge bar area watching a Scotland euro football match. It was a short walk, approximately 15-20 mins, depending upon pace, to the centre of Inverness, we dined out at various restaurants for the other evenings of our stay, there are plenty from which to choose. The hotel facilities include a small indoor swimming pool of which we took advantage. Overall a most enjoyable stay.

Date of stay: July 2021

Dear Charles,

Thank you for taking the time to review your previous stay.

I am delighted to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us in July and found our staff to be efficient and helpful. I hope you were not too lonely in the restaurant while dining with us and were not to inconvenienced by any football supporters.

We hope to welcome you back when you next return to Inverness.

Reviewed 2 November 2021 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel with family and had family weddings at this hotel oh my whatever went wrong
Booked a room through late rooms .com to stay at Craigmoinie as thought it would be better choice at £114 per night
Booked on 3rd October as travelling for business to stay evening of 4 th October
Unbelievable room was dirty looking cold and camp bed for my 27 year old son that would be uncomfortable for a child
So I gave them benefit of doubt and just asked for different room
The girl on reception was polite and kind unlike the duty manager Callum
Who proceeded to tell me it was my fault for booking wrong room
Long story short we were forced into the street to look for another hotel without a refund at 8 pm at night
We managed to get into Holiday inn express stoneyfield inverness
What a relief this was and I must add warm clean and comfortable
At £115 for the night
So at this point I am now £300 out of pocket
I was assured by craigmoinie general manager I would have refund in 5 days or so
We are now a month on and nothing no refund and disgusted I will never stay in this hotel again its just awful service
Stay in a travelogue at £29 rooms are better
I have given a month before writing this review to see how they deal with the issue which I feel is fair
In my opinion it’s not the problem it’s how you deal with the problem that counts and basically you haven’t
So you leave me no choice

Room tip: Avoid like the plague
Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank familyabroad20
Niall MacLennan, General Manager at Craigmonie Hotel Inverness by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2021

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I would like to begin by apologising that the cleanliness of your room was not up to standard, Housekeeping has been made aware of the issue and please be assured that is not our usual standard of service.

Unfortunately on the night you stayed the hotel was fully booked so we could not find an alternative room for your stay. You had booked a family maisonette suitable for 2 adults and 2 children therefore the room was set accordingly.

The hotel has not taken any payment for this booking and we contacted the third party you booked with on the 4th of October, while you were in house to make them aware of the complaint and to issue you a full refund. The Reception Manager has advised you to contact the third party to approve your refund, which we are unable to do for you as they need confirmation from the guest.

If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Reviewed 30 October 2021

We stayed here for 1 night in a family room with our kids (age 3 and 7) in October. We had breakfast and dinner here too. It was nice but maybe slightly expensive for what you get. The children's meal was a good deal but probably better suited for older children as it was way too much for my 3 year old. The hotel is a bit tired but this is probably reflected in the price. All the staff were really nice and friendly. The kids enjoyed the pool but the ladies changing room was very dirty and the shower in the changing room was scalding hot. I ended up changing the kids by the poolside. We didn't walk into town but I think it would have taken longer than 10-15 mins with kids.

Date of stay: October 2021