Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Vio.com
£188
Lee S

AVOID THIS HOTEL. REFUSED REFUND AFTER I FOLLOWED INSTRUCTION

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 19 Mar 2022via mobile
I booked to stay at this hotel, however due to ill health as my father was diagnosed with cancer I was unable to attend. I called at the beginning of feb, 3 weeks before attending. They told me politely it would be cancelled but could I go to the website and fill out a form to put it in writing. I did this yet was still charged. I don’t have evidence of calling as my phone provider doesn’t do itemised billing and because I was asked to do a webform and not email, I had no receipt of emailing them.

Despite telling them the reasons for not attending, they refused to give me a refund. I was travelling with a larger group of around 30 people who all still attended for business reasons and plenty of money was spent on accommodation and hospitality, yet somehow they couldn’t find the decency to honour my refund. So now I’m almost £300 out of pocket. There’s blame on my side for sure for being naive enough to think calling a company and talking to a human would suffice, my mistake.
Trip type: Travelled on business
1.4 miles from Craigmonie Hotel Inverness by Compass Hospitality
  • Tripadvisor
3.3 miles from Craigmonie Hotel Inverness by Compass Hospitality
View more hotels in Inverness
All reviews pool and sauna friendly hotel breakfast room ten minute walk plenty of parking town centre enjoyable stay car park
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 March 2022

Staff were extremely helpful and went over and above with any requests. Room was as described and very comfortable, only slight negative was the poor water pressure in the shower.

We had breakfast both mornings and it was excellent with good variety on offer. The evening meals were also excellent and again staff extremely attentive.

We will definitely be back.

Date of stay: March 2022
Reviewed 7 March 2022 via mobile

We have just stayed at Craigmonie Hotel for a couple of days after travelling up on the Caledonian Sleeper. We can only praise everything about this hotel. All the staff we came into contact with were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. We even had a bath! We enjoyed our time in the pool and sauna and had it to ourselves. I did read something about the restaurant not being good. That was not our experience. All the food we ate was well prepared, imaginative, tasty and well priced. The lady chef was enthusiastic about her job. The tables were also laid out with white tablecloths and cutlery looking very inviting. An excellent breakfast too of anything you wanted really. All in all, an enjoyable stay and we will be back.

Date of stay: March 2022
Reviewed 20 February 2022

This hotel is lovely, very clean, lovely dinner and breakfast, the staff are very pleasant, especially the young man who was on duty, dinner and breakfast,, he deserves a special mention, hes always so cheery and a credit to the hotel,, we will be back

Reviewed 19 February 2022 via mobile

A big room with space to spread out. Large bathroom. Spotlessly clean throughout. Pleasant walk into the centre of town. The staff are the stars of the show. Really helpful and easy to talk to. Good parking. Decent restaurant. Will be my first choice when visiting Inverness

Room tip: Book early to avoid disappointment
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Bryan F
Reviewed 7 February 2022 via mobile

We are just back from a 2 night break at Craigmonie hotel which we thoroughly enjoyed. We had a lovely comfy cosy room, very clean too. Had a meal in the restaurant the first night, it was cooked well with good ingredients. Breakfast was lovely on both mornings. Its an easy 10 to 15 min walk into town. All staff that we came across were very friendly and welcoming. We will definately stay again. Well done to you all.