“Fantastic overnight stay.”

Premier Inn Inverness West Hotel
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We came the day before a family wedding. Arrived 2 hrs earlier than official check in time, but staff did not mind and allowed us to check in. Room v good condition. Enjoyed a delicious light lunch at the Beefeater restaurant, which was very busy, which we enjoyed, as it had atmosphere. Breakfast was great. On leaving, we needed to pick up a camper van and needed to leave our luggage. Staff allowed us to leave our 3 cases in their luggage room. Everyone v helpful and friendly. Location great- had a lovely walk along Caledonian canal and could catch a bus into Inverness centre v easily. Great stay- we could not fault it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
carly f, Night Receptionist at Premier Inn Inverness West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to leave a review.

We here at the Premier Inn Inverness West appriciate any feedback we receive, I am glad to have read the positive review you left as we do strive to make all our guests feel welcome and enjoy their stay so they will always return.

Thank you once again on behalf of all the staff for your kind comments and i hope we will see you return to hotel in the near future, When you do choose to return if there is anything we can do to make your stay even more pleasant, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.

Warmest Regards

Rod Griffins

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Inverness West Hotel

Reviewed 2 August 2012

Stayed here this week, we were checked in by Jen who was excellent, very chatty and a warm welcome. The room we had overlooked the golfcourse and was very quiet, the only thing i didnt like is the windows are sealed shut and i do prefer some fresh air but a minor moan. The room had air con and was as per usual immaculate in its presentation. There is good parking and good cctv coverage also. The Beefeater next door is very nice and the staff seemed to be friendly and helpful more so than we have found in Beefeater restaurants of late. We had a meal later in the evening and once seated were informed of the items they had ran out of !. we chose alternative items which to be fair when delivered were excellent quality and cooked very well. The restaurant was getting busy as we ate our meal and when i had finished i layed my plate to one side where the waitress came over and took my plate but also my wifes plate which she was still eating off !! I can appreciate they may need the table quickly but i found this practice annoying and rude. We didnt ask for the plate back as her appetite diminished immediately. I had breakfast the following morning and can safely say it was the best breakfast i have ever eaten in any Premier Inn, it was cooked to order whereas some PI are buffet type. This one was superb and the gentleman called Archie who welcomed me and took my order was the epitome of Scottish hospitality. We would stay here again without a doubt and hope that the restaurant is not quite so busy . Special thanks to Jen ,Archie and Carly for their hospitality.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
carly f, Reception at Premier Inn Inverness West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much in taking the time to leave a review after your stay with us here at Inverness West and i'm glad to see you enjoyed your stay so much.

I'm happy that you found your room to be immaculate in its presentation, our housekeepers take a lot of pride in their work to make sure the rooms are always perfect for our guests.

I'm sorry however to hear that your experience in the evening at the Beefeater was not so enjoyable and I would like to apologise for the waiter taking your wife's plate away when she had not finished her meal. I will pass this onto the restaurant manager to make sure it does not happen again.

I look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Kind Regards

Jenny
Reception
Premier Inn Inverness West

Reviewed 30 July 2012

I have stayed at this Premier Inn before and as usual it was comfortable and clean.
However on this occasion I used the Beefeater Restaurant for the first time and this was a great disappointment. The menu card was greasy as was some of the display material on the table.
Some ten minutes after ordering the waiter informed me that the dish I wanted was no longer available and so I chose an alternative. When that arrived it was not as described on the menu and I asked the waiter what had happened and why were some of the ingredients missing. On his return I was told that they had run out of this ingredient also.
To be fair the waiter was a very pleasant man and was being let down by the kitchen. All around me people were complaining of food arriving cold and of missing ingredients so it would appear I was not simply unlucky.The restaurant did amend my bill a little to compensate but I would have no desire to return to this eatery again if this is an example of the standard they produce.
It will not put me off staying at this Premier Inn but I will eat out in the city in future.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
carly f, Manager at Premier Inn Inverness West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Inverness West Premier Inn.

I am really glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.

My apologies for the issues experienced in the adjoining Beefeater Restaurant. I will make sure these comments are passed on to them.

Thanks again, and we hope you will be back again soon,

Reviewed 25 July 2012

After trying to book in to the Holiday Inn Express in Inverness, we were a little apprehensive about staying at the Premier Inn, however we were delighted with our second choice.

Although the hotel is about a mile from the centre, it is still within walking distance into town and within easy access to all major routes. It located next to the golf course and most rooms offer a pleasant outlook. You can access boat trips on the canal within a 2 minute walk or if you prefer to walk there are lovely walks along the canal.

The hotel is modern, funky and offers a pleasant ambience. We stayed in the family room, which had a double and two single beds but, we still had plenty of room. Each room has a tea and coffee making facilities which was great and Freeview TV. We used the free 30 min WIFI option and this was good and for a small fee of £3.00 you can extend this to 24 hours.

The rooms are spotless, with plenty of additional pillows if you need them, along with a towel for each person in the room. Each room has its own hairdryer, so need to pack one unless you like a cool heat as they do tend to blow very hot air.

We opted for the breakfast, which was good value for money and plentiful. The offer of free kids was also a great incentive. Plenty of choice both in hot and cold food with the option to help yourself to cereal, yoghurt and fruit as well as croissants, muffins and bread to toast. Everything you need really.

We also went for the meal at night, however for us we found the meal average and a bit over priced for the quality of food received. However, we do eat out a lot and do expect quite a lot for our money, so please do not be put off by this comment.

Overall for a short stay in Inverness we would highly recommend this hotel.

1  Thank Lesley W
Becca C, Reception Team Leader at Premier Inn Inverness West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your stay with us at Inverness West Premier Inn.

It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you would recommend our hotel. If you are staying with us again please do not hesitate to call us and we can try to ensure you are allocated to a room with a view of the golf course again.

I'm glad you enjoyed your breakfast - I will pass your comments on to the team in the Beefeater Restaurant. With regards to the dinner prices, we do offer a Meal Deal which for £22 per guest gets you a 3 course dinner and a drink in the evening, and a Premier Breakfast in the morning. If this is something you are interested in for next time, just let us know at check-in or you can book this online.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback, we hope to see you back again soon,

Reviewed 25 July 2012

such a nice place and a pleasent view over the golf course, ideal situation, great breakfast, beware of the on site beefeater, ate on two nights running first night devine second night a shambles.but the place was full. I will now always choose a Premier inn over a travelodge.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

I am really glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I have to agree - those golf course views are fantastic!

My apologies for the issues experienced on your second night in the adjoining Beefeater Restaurant. I will make sure this is passed on to them. I will also let them know how much you enjoyed breakfast - I am sure they will be delighted to hear that.

Thanks again, and we hope you will be back again soon,

Reviewed 17 July 2012

This hotel is very new and as with all Premier Inn's it is spotlessly clean, very comfortable and the staff are warm, friendly and helpful. We stayed to break up a journey from Aberdeen to Wick as we have a 6 year old. The hotel is out of the cnetre of Inverness, but is opposite the golf course and a few minutes walk to the canal. The office for booking trips on Loch Ness is just at the canal, so it's very likely we'll be back to stay again and take a trip to find Nessie!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Becca C, Reception Team Leader at Premier Inn Inverness West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Inverness West Premier Inn.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and especially glad to hear you are hoping to stay with us again! Our Reception Team aim to ensure every guest gets a warm welcome and is looked after during their stay, so I will make sure to pass on to the team that this was the case for yourselves. I will also let Housekeeping know that you found the hotel to be so tidy & clean.

Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay, we will hopefully see you back again soon,

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Lovely hotel, fresh and new. The free car park which our room overlooked was a great benefit. Enjoyed dinner and breakfast in the adjoining Beefeater Restaurant. Good food and service. A short walk to the City Sightseeing Tour Hop On Hop Off bus stop as well as other amenities. WOuld recommend to anyone wanting good value quality accommadation.

Room Tip: With only three floors not much in it. It is a quiet part of town and set back from the main road.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Becca C, Reception Team Leader at Premier Inn Inverness West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Inverness West Premier Inn.

It's great to see such positive feedback and I am glad you had such a good time! I have to agree that having such a big, free, car park is a definite bonus at our site. Our housekeeping and maintenance teams work very hard to make sure this new site remains fresh and clean, so I will make sure to pass on to them that you found this to be the case.

I will pass your feedback regarding breakfast and dinner at the adjoining Beefeater to the Management Team in the restaurant so they can feed this back to their staff.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope we will see you back again soon,