“Average stay”

Premier Inn Inverness West Hotel
Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We stayed at this Premier Inn for a night. I would have to say that this place provided an average stay. The first room we were given smelt like it was a smoking room, so we went back down and got another room... to be honest the next room had a similar smell upon entry but was much less, so I have a feeling that all rooms have a slight stale smell.

The room itself was clean but offered a very average experience and nothing that would entice us to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
carly f, Manager at Premier Inn Inverness West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time in leaving us a review.

I am very sorry that your room smelt like someone had previously been smoking in the room, as you are aware all our rooms are non smoking, but this does not stop people from trying, this is a real shame as this is unfair on the next guests checking into that room. I will pass on your comments to our housekeeping team to ensure they are following the correct procedures.

Thanks once again for your feedback, this is highly important to us to make improvements.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

Arrived about midnight after a wedding reception. Concerned about getting in so late but no problem. Never stayed in a premier inn before but will definately consider using premier again. Only there a few hours but very impressed. Room was remarkably clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time in leaving a lovely review.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at Premier Inn Inverness West, we are passionate about what we do, our guest focus is always our top priority.

If there is anything we can do to make your next stay even more enjoyable, please do not hesitate in contacting us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the near future.

Reviewed 18 August 2012

We have stayed at many Premier Inns over the years and will continue to do so as their service and value for money is always very good, plus they are good to their word where their 'good nights sleep' guarantee is concerned.
This location may not have the quickest service but there were no problems with the quality of the food. Our first evening's dinner was very tasty and there were good choices available for our vegetarian relatives. The service was slow and not all dishes arrived together but when they did arrive they were greatly enjoyed.
The following day's breakfast was chaotic and disorganised (we had to request our hot food order be taken after sitting some time) so after waiting over 20 minutes we were well and truly ready to eat. These problems aside the breakfast was good and worth waiting for.
For me the only aspect I would want to change for my next stay (as I would stay again, as well as try the other Inverness Premier Inns) is the temperature. It was a lovely sunny weekend but with all the doors open and a brisk breeze outside the inside was a bit chilly, even in the evening. And our room could have been a little warmer to begin with - but I am well known in my family for hating the cold and loving heat instead.
All in all I recommend it as a lovely base for a short weekend away or golfing break

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time in writing a lovely review.

I must agree our good night guarentee is a fantastic service which Premier Inn promote, we are the only hotel chain to offer anything like this, we are confident in our brand, our brand is important to us.

I am very sorry to hear about your breakfast experience, we are working hard currently on any issues there might be. I have fed back your comments to our restaurant team.

On your next visit we can ajust your room temperature from the master controls at reception, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 12 August 2012

there was a nice selection of eggs, meat, fruit and breads; coffee was well-brewed; wait staff was courteous and prompt; sitting area was nicely laid out, quiet and clean. our room was very nice and comfortable; I missed having a phone or alarm clock for a wake-up call, but a staff member came by at the right time and knocked on the door. closet space is ok; bathtub was a little hard to get in and out of for a bath but ok for a shower.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time in leaving a review and your kind comments about our staff. I will make sure your comments are passed to the team.

I am glad you had a comfortable stay at Inverness West. We have universal access rooms where the bath tubs are lower or walk in shower rooms. I am very sorry you were not made aware that all the televisions in our rooms have alarm clocks built into them.

If there is anything we can do for future stays to make your experience more comfortable or enjoyable please do not hesitate in contacting us.

Thanks again for your time and feedback.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

I should start by saying I am only reviewing the Bar/Restaurant as I only live around a mile away.... As much as I love the thrill of travel and staying in hotels, this one is a little bit too local for me to bother to check in.

We first visited the Loch Ness House (proper name) just after it opened and it was a nice surprise as it was clean, well laid out and comfortable. There isn't very much in the way of good pub/eateries on this side of town, as most are for 'locals' and others have fallen by the wayside.

We have eaten there twice, and on both occasions the food was as expected, not fancy or particularly healthy... just meat cooked on a grill, pretty much what it says above the door.

I was surprised on both occasions that a member of management was expediting the passe, I have not encountered this before in Inverness, or indeed anywhere else in northern Scotland and it really gave the impression that they cared.

My real justification on this review being so high is based on the staff.... They are the real reason that I have come here time after time (and I know other people have 'defected' from other well known eateries and pubs)... its not all about wifi and beer gardens, although they have this as well, sometimes the people make the difference! (I did visit on the weekend of Belladrum Festival and they were having serious backlog problems of 1 hours wait for food... but still the staff appeared to be courteous and understanding!)

I stop off here most days after a ride on my bike, and I am greeted by each and every member of staff with a smile and a "welcome back" and this is why I give it 5 stars as it is simply a pleasant place to visit.

Highly Recommended to visitors and Invernesians alike

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo

Dear Customer

I must start in saying thank you for taking the time in leaving us a wonderful review. Its nice as a regular and local to recieve your feedback. I will ensure all staff members and management take the time to read your review.

I must admit its brilliant to have something back over this side of the town again. You will agree our locals and guests are equally important to us. All staff and management take great pride in what we do, also our location and surroundings.

As a regular you will be aware of how busy and popular we have become already.

We value your feedback, and if there is anything you can think of for the future please do not hesitate in feeding this back to our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back each and every time.

Thanks again for the lovely review. See you soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2012

staying in Premier Inn Inverness West, reception reccommended eating at beefeaters as they had a childs deal of children eat for £1. booked table for 5pm and on ordering our food we were told we had to be seated for 5pm to get this deal. this was at 5.03pm, we started to leave when a waiter asked us to stay and he showed us back to our table. He became such a great waiter letting us know about all the kids deals and his knowledge of the food on the menu was excellent. Needless to say we all ate and drank with dessert for £32 (2 adults and 3 children). His name was Csaba and we mentioned how good he was to the manager, who reccomended breakfast for us the following morning. Unfortunately this was a different story mainly due to not enough staff. The cooked breakfast took 35 minutes and when it arrived was partly cold partly burnt partly raw. The manager had to help the cooks out to get the food out or we would still be waiting. If u fancy dinner then yes if u can get Csaba to serve you then go for it if not eat elsewhere and for breakfast it is best avoided all together

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
carly f, Night Receptionist at Premier Inn Inverness West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to leave a review.

We here at the Premier Inn Inverness West appriciate any feedback we receive, I am glad to have read the positive review you left as we do strive to make all our guests feel welcome and enjoy their stay so they will always return.

Though i am sorry to hear about the problems that you experienced during breakfast. This is not we at the Premier Inn and the Beefeater like to hear about when it comes to breakfast. As this is not the service or quality we strive towards. Espically when it was recommened to you by Csaba.

Though on a positive note i am glad too hear that you and your family were well looked after by Csaba at dinner. He is certainly a very good member of the team in the Beefeater.

Thank you once again on behalf of all the staff for your kind comments and also the negative feedback though as much as we don't like to hear it is always welcome so we can put things right. I will pass on your comments to the Beefeater Kitchen Manager And i hope we will see you return to hotel in the near future so we can re-install some of the faith back into you with our brand, When you do choose to return if there is anything we can do to make your stay even more pleasant, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.

Warmest Regards

Rod Griffins

Reviewed 8 August 2012

Lovely premier Inn, newly developed.Very surprised with the location being in such an important and historic setting; by the side of the Caledonia canal. Staff very helpful and enthusiastic in their roles. Eating onsite was a pleasure with all staff ensuring our stay was personable, comfortable and enjoyable. Well done to all employees.

Room Tip: lower ground floor rooms: easy access to dining.