“Excellent Clean and Friendly Hotel”

Premier Inn Inverness West Hotel
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Stayed for 3 nights at an excellent saver rate of £29 per night. Could not fault the place, the staff were excellent and the rooms really fresh and clean.
It is a little out of the city centre but only a 30 minute or so walk or £5 in a taxi.
Did not eat in the attached Beefeater but all looked good.
Would definitely stay here agian, it is set in a really nice area next to the canal and is really peaceful.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
CarlyFlockhart, Night Receptionist at Premier Inn Inverness West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Dear Guest,

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to write a review based on your recent stay with us at Inverness West Premier Inn.

I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel to be very clean and our staff friendly. We take great pride in what we do wether it be checking in guests or cleaning our rooms so I will be sure to pass on your comments to our housekeepers and reception team as it is something we try and strive on here is customor service. I do hope that the next time you visit that you will hopefully find time to eat in the Beefeater Restaurant as it has a lovely ambience and the food is great too. We also feel that the site of our hotel is very unique being such a short distance out of town it makes all the difference to the peacefulness that is very evident within the hotel. Plus the canal is a lovely place for a walk when the Scottish weather is kind.

Regards

Rod Griffins

Night Receptionist.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Inverness West Hotel

Reviewed 5 February 2013

Really friendly staff who were there to help if you needed. Very clean room for budget accommodation in an ideal location if you have travelled to Inverness for a sporting event (we were there for a Swimming Gala) the pool is just a short 5 min walk which was ideal. No problem for a us to leave the car in the hotel car park and walk to to the pool even after checkout which was much appreciated. We didnt eat at the hotel but some of the team did and said the food was good and the service not too bad given they were pretty busy with a lot of hungry swimmers. If you are team or a family attending a sporting event at the local sporting facilities at Inverness Leisure this is the best place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel to be very clean and our staff friendly. We take great pride in what we do wether it be checking in guests or cleaning our rooms so I will be sure to pass on your comments to our housekeepers and reception team as it is something we try and strive on here is customor service. I do hope that the next time you visit that you will hopefully find time to eat in the Beefeater Restaurant as it has a lovely ambience and the food is great too. The hotel is in a prime location for the sports centre with it being a 5 minute walk as you stated & leaving your car while you visit the event is only a small thing though we like the whole experience of staying at Inverness West to be a positive one and not just one while you stay here also after you check out also as we would like to do things right in the hope one day you will choose to stay with us again.

Regards

Rod Griffins

Night Receptionist.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I booked this Premier Inn as I was in Inverness on business. I had previous stopped at PI East Inverness and rated this as average. This particular Premier Inn was exceptional. Obviously a fairly new addition it was attached to the Loch Ness House pub. Pleanty of parking, nice open reception, very pleasant staff, a lift to upper floors and very clean rooms. The restaurant food in the Loch Ness House was excellant, good food and pleasant attentive staff. A very pleasant stay and I will stay again when in Inverness.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
CarlyFlockhart, Reception at Premier Inn Inverness West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Dear Guest,

I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel to be very clean and our staff friendly. We take great pride in what we do wether it be checking in guests or cleaning our rooms so I will be sure to pass on your comments to our housekeepers and reception team. I will also pass on your kind comments to our general manager of the restaurant about how you enjoyed your evening meal in our Lochness House Beefeater.

Reviewed 18 January 2013

We still have not found a bad Premier Inn this one in Inverness is very clean and the staff were second to none. If you are looking for a base to live in whilst visiting Scotland then this is the place for you. The breakfast was very well served by Archie who was friendly and so helpful.The staff at reception were always smiling and helpful. The room was large and very clean once again well done Premier Inn

Room Tip: Any room is great
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
CarlyFlockhart, Reception at Premier Inn Inverness West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us here at Premier Inn Inverness West.

I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff to be friendly and also your room to be clean and well presented. All of our staff always give their all to make sure that every one of our guests has a pleasant stay from the moment they check in to when they check out. I will be sure to pass on your words to both our reception team, housekeeping and also Archie in the breakfast team.

Reviewed 14 January 2013

I stayed overnight after a long drive to a business meeting. MY room was spotless and tidy and the location of this relatively new build property was fine for my purposes - plenty of car park space and easy to get to by Sat Nav.
Reception staff were helpful and friendly and my room was fine, bed was very comfortable and as another has stated it was good to have a socket beside the bed to charge phone, ipad etc.
I would have liked free wifi normally but I was far too tired on this ocassion to be too bothered that only 30minutes was free. However 24 hours wifi was only £3 which is neither here nor there.
I purchased the meal deal, 3 course dinner and breakfast for £22.99 which was good value for money. My only complaint was that I was travelling alone and was nearly 2 hours in the restaurant on the evening, waiting for food to be served. Service was poor and slow, although in fairness they were very busy, however as a woman travelling alone, it was quite a long time to be kept waiting for a simple 3 course meal.
No other complaints, breakfast was excellent and I would definitely stay here again, and wll recommend to friends and colleagues. Well done, Premier Inn.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review based on your recent stay at our hotel. I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be friendly and helpful and also your room to be clean. Here at Inverness West premier inn we always strive to give 100% customer service to each of our guests.

I'm sorry to see that you had to wait so long in our adjoining Beefeater restaurant and that you found the service to be slow and poor. All feedback, good or bad, is always greatly appreciated as it means that as a business we are constantly aware of our guests experience,and if there are any ways in which we need to improve. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the General Manager of the restaurant so that it is something that can be worked on.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to have you staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

We stayed at Inverness West in January 2013. We always stay in Premier Inns but this was by far the best to date. Spotlessly clean, extremely friendly and obliging staff, spacious room (we booked twin accommodation) and the food in the restaurant was very good indeed (not usually the case with a Beefeater).

My only niggle was the breakfast - the cooked meal tasted oily to me, the croissants didn't seem really fresh (although we had just flown in from France!) and the toast machine seemed to have a mind of its own (either under-done or burnt!). However, our lovely waitress (Karen) was very helpful indeed and made sure we had everything we needed. I should add that my husband thought his breakfast was really good.

We are planning a return trip (sadly this trip was to attend a funeral locally) to explore this part of Scotland and Inverness West will be our base.

Room Tip: Our room was overlooking the gold course - it was very quiet, although because of its location I ima...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
CarlyFlockhart, Reception at Premier Inn Inverness West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review based on your recent stay here at Premier Inn Inverness West.

I'm so very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and can only thank you for your kind words that you found our Premier Inn to be the best youve experienced. I'm also glad that you found your room to be spacious and clean, and also that you found our staff to be friendly. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our team.

I am sorry however, that you found your breakfast to be oily. All feedback recieved is always greatly appreciated as it means we are always aware of our guets experience and if there are any ways in which we need to improve so I will pass your comments on to the breakfast staff in the kitchen.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you on your return visit to our hotel.

Reviewed 6 January 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed a few nights here and was pleased.

Location is a little outside the town centre. It was just over 1 mile and would take about 15-20mins to walk.

The entire hotel is very fresh inside still with the fresh carpet smell.

Our room was big and very clean. The usual big premier inn bed.

Glad to see an electrical socket is close to the bed which really is rare in premier inn hotels.

Little negatives was the shower wasn't as powerful as I would like. We were staying on the second floor and the pressure seemed to be lacking a bit.

Also the toilet roll dispensers are a right pain in the backside. Can you not replace the hopeless single sheet dispenser with proper toilet rolls?

The room was a little on the warm side and too often you could hear water pumps flowing water around the hotel.

Directed at all Premier Inn hotels, it really is time to update your stance on WiFi.

In this day and age WiFi is freely available in many locations including every coffee shop, pub and even McDonald's customers.

You can't use Premier Inn WiFi at all unless you register your private details for a 30min trial period and then have to pay for further usage.

Breakfast is all you can eat but not a help yourself for cooked items. It was good but extremely greasy. Too much so.

All staff were excellent. There to help whenever needed and every one always had a smile to greet you.

One of the best premier inns I have used.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at our hotel. All reviews and all feedback which we recieve is always greatly appreciated.

I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your stay here at Premier Inn Inverness west and found the hotel to be fresh and clean. Im also happy to see that you found or staff to be friendly and helpful, all of our staff here strive to give our guests the best experience possible and always give the best customer service that they can offer.

In regards to offering free wi-fi I'm sure that its something that Premier Inn will look into for the future to provide for our guests.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you staying with us again in the future.