“Wonderful hospitality”

Trafford Bank Guest House
Ranked #19 of 232 Inverness B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Well what can I say!!!!! Fantastic place to stay. Lovely welcome from Lorraine when we arrived!
The house is stylish, the facilities are to a high standard. My bed was so comfortable.... and love the bedding. Lorraine's breakfast are delicious, we will be back!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

My first experience of the Trafford Bank was nearly 10 years ago and I have returned on several occasions. My friend and I have just returned from a 3 night break and as normal we loved it.

I've stayed in many 5 star establishments around the globe and the Trafford has got to be in my top 5. Although classified as a B&B the quality and service you receive from Lorraine and her team surpasses many of high quality hotels.

Lorraine decorative flare shins throughout this traditional building. The quality if everything in the rooms is exceptional and the added touches are great from the shoe shin to the glass of sherry...

The breakfast is so good you can't but help wasn't to eat it all.

The only complaint I have is its just a shame I could not have stayed for another 3 nights... But of course will return to this first class establishment.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 7 December 2013

What a wonderful place to stay. Lorraine's attention to detail means guests have a first-class experience when staying at Trafford Bank. Comfy beds, beautiful linens, top-quality toiletries and a breakfast that was unrivaled in all of Scotland! Located in a quiet neighbourhood - only a short walk into the centre of town. I highly recommend this guest house.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I have limited experience staying at B&B's however this has got to be in the top 5 in Great Britain! It is a charming spacious period home, furnished with care and warmth. Great Beds and Linens! Good shower with plenty of hot water. Large, delicious breakfasts served in a lovely sun room decorated with hand made dishes and furniture. Lorraine has created a lovely oasis to return home to after a day of sight-seeing. She is knowledgeable about the area and recommends good dining locales. A great place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I traveled to Scotland with my husband and parents and spent one night in Inverness. This was our first time staying at a B&B and it exceeded my expectations. We stayed in the Trafford Suite while my parents stayed in the Tartan Room. I only wished we had more time to take in all the amenities provided!

We arrived late in the evening so we were introduced to our suites and instructed to leave a breakfast request in the living room. There is so much to choose from I wanted to check everything off just to try it but I had to restrain myself! This was by far the best breakfast we had on our whole trip to Scotland - it was also great to finally try haggis, black pudding and porridge.

Lorraine and her staff put so much attention to detail in every room. Although everything was fantastic, some of the things I especially loved include: the claw-foot tub and bath salts (so relaxing especially after a cold day exploring the area) and snuggling up in a plush robe and drinking tea from the tea chest with biscuits and a beautiful teapot/cup set.

I can't wait to come back and my parents and I highly recommend Trafford Bank Guest House!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I really can't say more than all the other respondents. This is the best B&B my wife and I have stayed in since we started to travel in 1975. Lorraine has decorated the house to make it attractive and comfortable with a definite warmth to the house. The breakfast was excellent. Lorraine advised us of a number of restaurants with a 20 minute walk and we enjoyed dinner in the family run eatery that we chose. By North American standards, you may think it pricey; however, a good night's sleep in a really good environment is worth it. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Lorraine will steer you right.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hawkeyes
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We absolutely loved staying at Trafford. So pleased we had booked for two nights so that we could enjoy Lorraine's wonderful hospitality. Breakfast was more than adequate and even the Tea making facilities in your room and yummy biscuits provided added a special touch in the way it was presented. Gardens surrounding the home also were appreciated by us and if the weather had been better we would have enjoyed some quiet time there. Lorraine has thought of everything to ensure that guests are not wanting for anything and should leave feeling fortunate that they stayed at Trafford.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple