“Wow”

Ranked #17 of 231 Inverness B&B and Inns
Minnesota
“Wow”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stayed here in September and absolutely loved it. We arrived much later than we expected and Lorraine was very understanding and accommodating. Our room (Thistle) was luxurious. The bed was incredibly comfy and my husband loved the drink in the room! I fell pretty hard and bruised my tailbone the day prior to our arrival so the amazing bathtub was a welcome sight and the scent of the toiletries helped me to relax.

Ever since we got home, I've been trying to replicate Lorraine's scones and I can't even come close. Her breakfast was legendary and I'd go back for it in a heartbeat. Don't hesitate to book here - it was great!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Aberdeen
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Well what can I say!!!!! Fantastic place to stay. Lovely welcome from Lorraine when we arrived!
The house is stylish, the facilities are to a high standard. My bed was so comfortable.... and love the bedding. Lorraine's breakfast are delicious, we will be back!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

My first experience of the Trafford Bank was nearly 10 years ago and I have returned on several occasions. My friend and I have just returned from a 3 night break and as normal we loved it.

I've stayed in many 5 star establishments around the globe and the Trafford has got to be in my top 5. Although classified as a B&B the quality and service you receive from Lorraine and her team surpasses many of high quality hotels.

Lorraine decorative flare shins throughout this traditional building. The quality if everything in the rooms is exceptional and the added touches are great from the shoe shin to the glass of sherry...

The breakfast is so good you can't but help wasn't to eat it all.

The only complaint I have is its just a shame I could not have stayed for another 3 nights... But of course will return to this first class establishment.

• Stayed December 2013
Reviewed 7 December 2013

What a wonderful place to stay. Lorraine's attention to detail means guests have a first-class experience when staying at Trafford Bank. Comfy beds, beautiful linens, top-quality toiletries and a breakfast that was unrivaled in all of Scotland! Located in a quiet neighbourhood - only a short walk into the centre of town. I highly recommend this guest house.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Sault Sainte Marie, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I have limited experience staying at B&B's however this has got to be in the top 5 in Great Britain! It is a charming spacious period home, furnished with care and warmth. Great Beds and Linens! Good shower with plenty of hot water. Large, delicious breakfasts served in a lovely sun room decorated with hand made dishes and furniture. Lorraine has created a lovely oasis to return home to after a day of sight-seeing. She is knowledgeable about the area and recommends good dining locales. A great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I traveled to Scotland with my husband and parents and spent one night in Inverness. This was our first time staying at a B&B and it exceeded my expectations. We stayed in the Trafford Suite while my parents stayed in the Tartan Room. I only wished we had more time to take in all the amenities provided!

We arrived late in the evening so we were introduced to our suites and instructed to leave a breakfast request in the living room. There is so much to choose from I wanted to check everything off just to try it but I had to restrain myself! This was by far the best breakfast we had on our whole trip to Scotland - it was also great to finally try haggis, black pudding and porridge.

Lorraine and her staff put so much attention to detail in every room. Although everything was fantastic, some of the things I especially loved include: the claw-foot tub and bath salts (so relaxing especially after a cold day exploring the area) and snuggling up in a plush robe and drinking tea from the tea chest with biscuits and a beautiful teapot/cup set.

I can't wait to come back and my parents and I highly recommend Trafford Bank Guest House!

Ottawa
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I really can't say more than all the other respondents. This is the best B&B my wife and I have stayed in since we started to travel in 1975. Lorraine has decorated the house to make it attractive and comfortable with a definite warmth to the house. The breakfast was excellent. Lorraine advised us of a number of restaurants with a 20 minute walk and we enjoyed dinner in the family run eatery that we chose. By North American standards, you may think it pricey; however, a good night's sleep in a really good environment is worth it. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Lorraine will steer you right.