“Won't stay again...”

Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey, USA
“Won't stay again...”
Reviewed 4 June 2012

This is the first and only hotel that didn't have a front desk. Instead, there was a check-in kiosk that was somewhat confusing to use. Thankfully there was a... hostess..?.. there to assist us.
WiFi was 3pounds/night and there was no parking provided. The on-street parking was inexpensive but inconvenient as it was only free from 6pm to 6am. At check-in we opted for the "meal deal" for only 1 of our 2 night stay. We were not told the "meal deal" was from a select menu but it did include dinner and breakfast which I thought was a good deal. We haven't had breakfast yet but dinner was NOT a good deal as the availalbe selections were limited and very generic for the price. My husbands burger was dry and only half the size of the bun. My chicken was tasty thanks to the bacon and cheese but again, it was something I've had other places and basically boring. The lemon merange (sp) ice cream was but vanilla ice cream with crumbled merange (sp) cookies and whipped cream.. not nearly as inventive as suggested on the menu. The toilet paper holder doesn't work and the body/hair wash (how many people like washing their hair with the same soap they use on their bodies?) didn't work either and I had to remove the bottle of "soap" from the dispenser just to wash myself. Even low price hotels offer shampoo and conditioner, and body soap. Very disappointing all around so far...

Room Tip: Based on my experience, I'm not sure there ARE any good rooms here.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
William V, General Manager at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness) Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Dear Guest,

I am extremely disappointed we failed to live up to our expectations on this occasion.

I do hope you were satisfied with my letter of apology and refund that I left in your room and I hope the mini shampoo and conditioner I left for you made up for the shower gel not working correctly.

I appreciate all feedback that is given and I will be sure to act upon all of the points you have raised. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel (44 1463 246 490) if you would like to discuss this further.

Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
Banbury
Reviewed 3 June 2012

The staff in this hotel are exceptionally welcoming and made our brief stay a memorable one. They went out of their way to help, showed an interest in our party and even kept our luggage safe at no extra cost until we could check in to our next hotel for a train tour of the Highlands. The room was spacious and comfortable, with climate control and all the comforts of home. The breakfast was amazing, as was the dinner menu! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to our friends and family. Well done Premier Inverness!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view!
3 Thank ShirleyBanbury
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review and I am glad you had a great time. Also, thank you for your kind words about my team members and I am delighted they made your stay a memorable one.

I hope you enjoyed your trip to Inverness and I hope to see you again.

Pune
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I booked this hotel directly from the hotel's website, after going through some comments on review sites. We had planned a two day stay in Inverness, just to sniff the beauty of Scotland, rather than going to Edinburgh. This hotel proved to be the right choice for my family (I, my son & wife). After a bit of requesting, I got the river facing room (which was the biggest room in the hotel) and view was excellent. Bed was comfortable and upholstery looked just new. Everything around was walkable. A walk by the river Ness was great. City center and the so called Castle (which is now houses some offices) is less than a kilometer walk. Indian food is available a plenty around. One thing I missed is getting a good guidance at the hotel on what to see around or how to get to the places (may be it is not a hotel's job..but they could have guided me to visitor center or some basic places to start with). On the way I got an advice from a Bangladeshi taxi driver- "Scots are good. They take you to be as you are, rather than judging you by your skin or country etc". I tend to agree, with all the experience we had at the hotel and the places around in Inverness. Recommended.

Room Tip: River side rooms. Go for them. Middle room is the best on first floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank WanderBard
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding the hotel and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay.

I must start by apologising that none of my team was able to help you out with local attractions or directions. Any one of my team would be happy to help out with any questions you have about the hotel or the local area so I am sorry if we let you down this time.

Thank you for recommending the hotel and I hope to see you again.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I always look forward to returning to my home town and this time was no exception. First impressions of this hotel were that you could hardly have placed it better. Ideally situated for exploring the city of Inverness with its shops,bars and restaurants.Our double room had all mod cons,extremely comfortable bed,bath/shower,adjustable air con and a great view of the river. Wi-Fi was free for 30mins or £3 for 24hrs. Did not eat but the general conversation was positive and the bar area was comfortable and intimate. The staff were all excellent,parking was easy and we have have already checked availability for our next trip.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 304 which has great views over the river
2 Thank chilidave
Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and had a good trip back home.

Please feel free to contact me or my team and we will try and get you the same room when you stay with us again. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Stranraer, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Spent two nights in this very comfortable and well located hotel. Stepped out the door and walked over the bridge to the heart of the community. I asked for a river view room but there was none available. The lovely receptionist explained our forth floor room looked over to the castle. It was lovely at night to see the castle, churches and bridge illuminated., although I do not think it would be as nice in any of the lower floors. We had the meal deal which was good value for money. The bar and restaurant were very comfortable with well trained staff to look after us. All in all a very pleasant experience . The staff are delightful. I would be hard pushed to name one in particular. Top marks to them all.

Room Tip: If you have to stay at the back I'd ask for the forth floor. We had room 409. Nice views of the...
4 Thank MoiraD50
Dear Guest,

I am extremely grateful the kind words you have to say about my team members and I will be sure to pass it on to them. My team are dedicated to making everyone stay as special as possible and it's extremely nice of you to mention it. Also, it was nice to hear you enjoyed your view of the castle and the rest of your stay.

If there is anything else I can do to make your next stay even better please do not hesitate to contact me.

Isle of Harris, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Stayed for two nights with our two year old. This hotel is brand new, we were there 9 weeks after opening so I suppose you would expect it to be in tip top condition as it was but it is complimented by it's location overlooking River Ness, its intimate bar and restaurant and excellent staff. This was a very enjoyable experience all round and an example of the standard all hotels should strive to achieve.

Room Tip: Try to get a river view room.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank nonimaclennan
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

I appreciate all feedback that I receive and I will endeavour to make your next stay even better.

William Veidemanis
Premier Inn Inverness (River Ness)
Farnborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Visited Inverness for two nights and the location of this hotel was ideal. It is right in the centre of the city on the banks of the river. Our room 302 overlooked the river. The staff were very welcoming, also the price was just £29 a night although we did have to book in advance to get this price.

1 Thank WickersWorld50
William V, General Manager at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness) Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Dear Guest,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found a fantastic deal as well.

Room 302 gives you a great view of the river and the castle and I am glad to hear it did not disappoint you!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and hope to see you soon!