“Forget the rest...”

Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Glasgow
“Forget the rest...”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Don't have pre-conceived ideas about this because it is a premier inn. Dont think you should pay more and you will get a better service elsewhere. You wont! Like all premier inns, the rooms are done to a pro-forma but this hotel just does everything better. I have stayed in a LOT of premier inns and this is the best by far. The staff just could NOT have been more helpful or friendly. The location is superb - right in the centre overlooking the river. The restaurant is really excellent - great food, attentive service. After eating there on the first night from tiredness, we chose to eat there every night, working our way through the menu! Breakfast was wow. Fresh, crisp fruit, nicely cooked food. Any down sides? The only one we found was finding the car park. It is in a one way system so we passed it a few times before working out where to turn. It is small but we always managed to park there. Will definitely stay here again. Premier Inn - you should roll out what this hotel does throughout your chain - a really great example.

Room Tip: Higher up had great views over the town.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
William V, General Manager at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness) Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice review and I am extremely happy you enjoyed your stay.

I must start by giving thanks for the very kind words you said about my team members, they strive everyday to make everyone's stay special and I will be sure to pass on your comments. Also, I am humbled you consider us the best Premier Inn you have stayed in and that will only make my team and I work harder to make your next stay even better.

Thank you once again for your review and I hope to see you soon.

Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2012

First time we had used this hotel.
Great location in the centre of town, on the riverside. We had a room with river view which made things even better.
Staff were very friendly and enthusiastic and couldn't do enough to help.
Price was reasonable and we will definitely be going back again.

Room Tip: Rooms **1 to **4 will have river views, worth asking when you check in.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I stayed at Premier Inn, Inverness Centre (River Ness) from the 18/7/12 to 21/7/12. From the moment we arrived until we left the service received was exceptional. On booking, a minor error had occurred but the young lady who seen to us was able to rectify this promptly and efficiently. This did cause a delay in us checking in (plus we arrived earlier than the 2pm check in time) but we were invited into the bar to wait. And even though this was no fault of the hotel, but they were more than happy to correct it. Rooms were very clean and tidy. Always seen cleaners around in the mornings. All staff, from the hotel reception staff to the bar and restaurant staff were all polite and pleasant, greeting you with a 'good morning' or a 'how are you...' etc. the location has some very nice views, especially in the evenings when the near by bridge lights up. The 12noon check out time was very reasonable, offering customers the opportunity to get breakfast without having to rush for check out. This is my first stay in a premier inn but it will almost certainly not be my last.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

I appreciate all of your kind words regarding my team and I will be sure to pass them on. Also, I am delighted we have convinced you to use Premier Inn in the future so please do not hesitate to ask me if there is anything I can do to help on your next visit.

Thank you once again and I hope to see you soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2012

The hotel was fine as I would expect from a chain like this, especially as the hotel itself is new and well located in the centre of Inverness. However I was very surprised to find that there was no drying facilities for boots and socks! When walking in Scotland rain is expected, admittedly not always as much as we had! But we had to try to dry the stuff in our room/bathroom - which didn't really happen and was very smelly!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
William V, General Manager at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness) Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about the hotel and I am disappointed you did not fully enjoy your stay.

I appreciate your recommendation you made regarding a facility to dry boots and socks, and this is something I will look further into.

Hopefully you enjoyed the rest of your stay and I do hope this will not put you off in using us in the future.

Edinburgh
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Firstly, its a Premier Inn so you know exactly what you're going to get; a clean basic room with a large comfortable bed at a reasonable price. Also as expected, there is a good choice at breakfast. What makes this stand out though is the location in the centre of Inverness.
As it was a late booking, we knew we wouldn't get a room at the front and ours was at the side on the first floor overlooking the roof of the building next door. Not a problem for a one night stay though. There were three issues with the room; only towels for one person in the double room, no liquid soap in the shower wall dispenser and the heating didn't work (showed error code and blew cold air regardless of temp set). The towels were quickly sorted, the soap was not a problem as we had our own and the heating didn't matter as we were warm enough so could switch it off ( these are why I gave a rating of three rather than four)
Note, I had read other reviewers comments about their problems with the automatic check in facilities. We had booked and fully paid in advance. When we turned up at the Inn, armed with our confirmation booking number, the reception staff directed us to the automatic check-in. Even with their assistance, we had to give up and they had to check us in at their reception desk. I'm all for technology as long as it works.
Besides the niggles, I'm still a fan of Premier Inn. They offer good value and this one has the added advantage of being in a central location. Would I stay there again? Yes indeed.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CannyScotEdinburgh
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I am disappointed you did not fully enjoy your stay with us.

The problems you mentioned with your room should not have happened and I promise to bring this up with my housekeeping team to make sure it does not happen again. Also, I am sorry the self service check in wasn't as straightforward as it should have been. I am currently working with the reception manager to identify the problem and find a permanent solution to this. I couldn't agree more with your comment about liking technology when it works as I am the exact same.

I promise to act upon the problems you encountered however, if there is anything I can do to make up for your experience please call me on (01463 246 490).

Aberdeen
Reviewed 15 July 2012

This is a great hotel slap bang in the centre of Inverness. My room was overlooking the river. It was also a very spacious room with an extremly comfortable bed.

The staff on reception were very polite whilst I was there.

well done, i will certainly be back.

Did not use any of the restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask for room 203
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank findals
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I am humbled that you consider us the best Premier Inn you have stayed in.

I certainly agree with your tip to stay in room 203 as it is one of my personal favourites as well!

If there is anything I can do to make your next stay even better, please do not hesitate to ask.

stornoway,isle of lewis
Reviewed 13 July 2012

coming from stornoway for a three day visit this was the first time myself and my family have used this hotel.staff very friendly at reception,bar and dining room and was very impressed with the food as we treated ourselves to a lovely evening meal for our 20th anniversary on the second night,excellent.
the breakfast was great as you can help yourself to as much as you want to keep you going for the day.
the room was also perfect with great beds and brilliant air conditioning as it was very heavy close weather.to be honest cannot say anything negative about this place and will use as a base when in inverness from now on.thanks to management and staff.macritchie family.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay!

I must start by thanking you for your very kind words about my team and I will be sure to pass them on. Also, thank you for your comments about our beds and I am glad you enjoyed them.

It was a pleasure to have you in the hotel and if there is anything I can do to make your next stay even better please do not hesitate to ask.