“Very good Premier Inn with lovely river views”

Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness) Hotel
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Very good Premier Inn with lovely river views”
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Stayed here for five nights as a base to see some of Northern Scotland. Very good Premier Inn with large clean modern new room and bathroom. Very good breakfast every morning in the restaurant and nice friendly helpful staff. To top it all a great view over the River ness which is lit up effectively at night.Good night's sleep during the stay- it's true what they say!

Room Tip: Try and request a room with a river view.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
William V, General Manager at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness) Hotel, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed our 'all you can eat' breakfast and thank you for your comments regarding my team.

If there is anything I can do to make your next stay even better please do not hesitate to ask.

Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Our family had a triple room on the 4th floor with a river view and balcony. The rooms were fresh and newer, and our triple room was a good size. No iron in the rooms, but when I asked, one was brought to me quickly with no extra charge - nor should there be! Toiletries consist of a foam soap near the bathroom sink, and a liquid dispenser for shampoo/shower gel - so if you need more than that, bring your own. We all managed, but I brought Conditioner for me -the female in the family. I didn't ask if they could provide at desk.
Check in was through a computer, but staff available to help if necessary.
*The restaurants at Premier Inns are what makes this such a GREAT FAMILY Value. 12 and under eats BREAKFAST for free with at least one parent. So for $20 pounds the three of us had a full breakfast buffet with drinks included - a good value to start your day. Vegetarian sausages were available to me upon request.
This had a perfect location on the River walk. A Tesco is at the nearest corner, turn Right.
Parking was available on the street if you could find it, but otherwise only 2 blocks down was ample parking - not a problem at all.
If you look at the photo of this hotel, it has HUGE shared balconies. It doesn't matter: they are covered in pigeon droppings, and you will not want to be out there. On the 4th floor, the balconies are staggered, so you are further back from the street than right over the river, but still a nice view. We were out enjoying the city so who had time to be out on the balcony anyway? -just something to be aware of.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a very detailed review and it is nice to hear from a fellow Albertan.

I am delighted to hear my team was attentive to your needs and I would like to confirm we never charge to bring items to rooms and we are always happy to help!

I was happy to hear you took advantage of the 'Meal Deal' option which is a three course meal with a drink and breakfast in the morning and it met your standards. We always have vegetarian sausages available and I hope you enjoyed them.

I appreciate your comments regarding the mess left by the pigeons on the balconies in the hotel, currently I am in discussions with a local contractor to get this cleaned up in the very near future. Also, I am examining the possibility of allowing guests to use the balconies and hope to have more information on this shortly.

Finally, I am happy you enjoyed your stay but if you have the time could you email on william.veidemanis@whitbread.com to discuss what my team could have done differently to receive a 5 star rating from you I would greatly appreciate it.

I hope you had a safe journey home and hope to see you again.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 September 2012

stayed with family for the night of 10th September - as has been stated here already, a river view is a big bonus (we had two rooms of which one was river and one wasn't) but if you step outside you see the lovely view anyway - beautifully lit up at night. I have stayed in numerous premier inns and this is definitely one of the best, if not THE best. The staff were friendly and the room was really clean and inviting. The location is excellent, just a short walk from the city centre/rail and Edinburgh Castle. There are lots of interesting little shops and businesses nearby which we sadly didn't have time to explore on this occasion. I very much hope to be able to return soon.

Room Tip: river views are in demand, so if desired request one in advance of your stay to stand a better chanc...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I delighted you enjoyed your stay.

I am humbled by your comment that you consider this one of the best Premier Inn's you have stayed in and I will pass your kind words onto my team.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Self service check in which was relatively easy, and a pleasant member of staff to help you if in any difficulty. The room was huge and spotlessly clean - nice view overlooking the River Ness.

Checkout was again no problem with very pleasant staff on hand to help you. Place to store your luggage until you needed it on day of checking out the hotel.

The hotel is great - easy access to shopping centre, restaurants, theatre and cinema.

The bed was so comfortable, and enjoyed a brilliant shower in a spotlessly clean bathroom.

Room Tip: we had a room on the 1st floor and did not experience any noise at all.
Dear Guest,

I am happy to hear you had a great night’s sleep and please remember that we do guarantee it with the 'Good Night Guarantee'!

I hope to see you soon and please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can do to make your next stay even better.

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2012

My wife is disabled and our experience in UK hotels is often mediocre/indifferent. Here the staff could not have done more to make us welcome and the in-room/bathroom facilities were exemplary. It was spotlessly clean throughout. The cooked breakfast was good. Inverness itself is a pleasent town with some interesting restaurants and pubs. Our abiding memory, however, will be of the warm, highly competent and happy staff we encountered at this PI - which says a great deal for the local management.

Room Tip: We are restricted to rooms with disabled facilities - ours was away from the river but, frankly, thi...
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Had requested in advance to get two rooms with river views but no luck!! However, please do not be put off if you don't get a view from your room. This hotel is fantastic in every other way. Yes, the car park is small but the way to overcome this is to park in the road outside the hotel (a one way street) after 4pm and put £1 in the off street parking meter. This lasts until 6pm. It is free from 6pm til 8am the next morning. Feed the meter with £1 during the evening and you can park until 10am the next morning. As most people with a car are touring from this hotel this system seems to work well. The whole place was spotlessly clean, not only the bedrooms but all the public rooms as well. The food was excellent. We only had one evening meal but had breakast on all three days of our stay. There was plenty of choice, and throughout the hotel the service from everybody was fantastic. I congratulate the manager on running such an establishment, the staff all seem to enjoy their job - keep up the good work - I would recommend this hotel to anybody wishing to visit Inverness. Only five minutes walk over the bridge and you are in the main shopping area. The station is not far away. All in all we had a delightful stay.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Whaley Bridge
Reviewed 9 September 2012

we decided to base ourselves in the premier inn in Inverness for our brief stay i Scotland. a warm welcome and a quick check greeted us. the rooms are clean and tidy and your key card is needed to get you up the lift and into your room. normal prem standards. soap dispensers at the sink and in the shower. spare pillows if you want. TV with digital channels (if you need it).
down stairs in the bar the staff were friendly and the surrounds are very comfy and relaxing. the river and the town just out side. good choice of drinks and the menu, although we didn't eat dinner there, was very comprehensive. we also had the breakfast every morning. a friendly welcome. clean tables and well prepared food. i had fruit before a full English breakfast. there's also cereal, yogurt, muffins and croissants. you will also be asked if you wish to have porridge, poached egg, omelette or boiled egg (none of these are out on display)
so all in all i really hope Inverness central keep it up. we'll certainly be using them again. i would strongly recommend you give them a try.

Room Tip: try and get a room on the front. you'll get a view over the river.