“Good location, clean, comfortable and good value for money”

Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness) Hotel
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Lossiemouth, United Kingdom
“Good location, clean, comfortable and good value for money”
Reviewed 24 November 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel the night before a wedding. It's in a perfect location to walk into the city centre for dinner and some drinks. The hotel is clean and welcoming with the bar lounge area as the first thing you see when you walk in. The rooms are very comfortable and very clean and spacious enough.
We didn't really experience any service as such as its electronic check in and we had no need to contact staff. You have to park a small walk away down the road but there were plenty of spaces on a Friday night and it was only a 300m walk along the river. Good value for money all in all for a clean convenient comfortable hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
William V, General Manager at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness) Hotel, responded to this review, 4 December 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and I am happy you enjoyed your stay.

I will be sure to pass the cleanliness comments onto my Housekeeping Manager, which I am sure will make her day.

I hope you enjoyed the wedding and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
Alford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Just returned from a one night stay here. Absolutely brilliant for such an amazing price. 6 girls on a christmas shopping trip and all rooms were faultless. Excellent value and 5 stars for cleanliness. Lovely staff and a good breakfast. Would definitely return. Location great for shopping too and plenty great bars and restaurants all within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
William V, General Manager at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness) Hotel, responded to this review, 22 November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay.

It was nice to hear you were able to take advantage of our location for your shopping trip and I hope you didn't spend too much money!

I will be sure to pass on your nice comments regarding my team and I hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 21 November 2012

Just arrived at our hotel in inverness, not only is it in the best possible location but before arriving they emailed us to ask if there was anything they could do to improve our stay so we write back saying that it was our honeymoon and if they could get us a tom with a nice view it would be much appreciated.on arrival, not only had they given us the best room with the best view but we found a beautiful bouquet of flowers,a card and a chilled bottle of champagne waiting for us! Absolutely amazing,I would recommend them to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guests,

Thank you for leaving a review and I hope you had a nice time on your honeymoon.

My team and I are always here to make things special for our guests and we are always happy to help.

I will be sure to pass on your kind words to my team and I hope to see you both back soon!

Gateshead
Reviewed 21 November 2012

I stayed at this hotel on 23rd October 2012. I stayed as part of a business trip/meeting which I had the next day. It was my first time in Inverness and unfortunately the place was enveloped in dense fog! so i did not really see the actual town.

The check in at the hotel was very good. There was a lady in training and I was asked if she could book me in for my stay. She done rather well and explained the usual benefits of "guaranteed good nights sleep etc". I normally cant be bothered with all that guarantee stuff but she done it with professionalism and good humour.

I had arrived quite late (8pm) so I quickly dumped my belongings and came down stairs for a bite to eat. I was greted by a waiter who sat me down and after a few minutes took my order. Now I am not going to exaggarate and say the food was fantastic, but as far as premier inn food goes it was very good and the service from the staff was excellent.

The room was very clean with crisp white bedding and the bathroom was clinically clean. I enjoyed my nights sleep and woke up refreshed for breakfast.

The breakfast was slightly different to some premier inns as it consisted of a hot buffet style breakfast as well as continental. This suited me as I didnt have much time to wait for breakfast cooked to order. Although Im sure if this is what you would like then I am convinced the staff would do this for you. they are that helpful.

After breakfast I enquired about some directions for my meeting. Now I would expect a 4-5 star hotel to point you to their Concierge but in a normal Premier Inn I was half expecting a kind of blank reaction. Well, not the case here. The young man on the reception took the time to check my destination on google earth. He then showed me my options of walking, taking a bus or taking a taxi-cab all in the blink of eye. Now to be honest, this may seem like a simple task and something you should expect, however I have stayed in some hotels and it takes them all day to say hello!

I decided to take a taxi-cab and again was more than impressed by the receptionist who without hesitation booked for me.

My stay at this Hotel good not have been better.........however it did get better.

A couple of weeks later whilst at home I ordered a few e-books on Amazon. I checked to see if they were on my Kindle and realised it was missing. I hunted high and low and thought about when I last used it.........ah bugger, I then recalled reading it at the table of this hotel whilst having my evening meal. fat chance of getting that back!

I called the hotel and spoke to a lady called Maria (I think). I explained when I stayed etc and she told me to my surprise that they did have a Kindle in lost property and they would send it straight back to me by recorded delivery. It arrived a few days later.

Now I can honestly say I dont often bother with writing hotel reviews but when credit where credit is due then I will take the time to do so.

Well done to this Hotel and well done to the staff and like I say to anyone looking for an overnight stay in Inverness Don't even consider anywhere else !

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank goodfe_k
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a very detailed review and the kind words you left for my team.

It was nice to hear you enjoyed the 'All you can eat' breakfast and dinner lived up to your expectations. My team and I are always happy to help and it's nice to hear we did not disappoint you on this occasion.

I hope on your next visit the fog has lifted and you are able to see more of the city! If there is anything I can do to make your next stay even better please do not hesitate to ask.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2012

very good location about 2 minutes over the bridge to town centre hotel staff very good all of them friendly and very helpful clean hotel and very good breakfast handy for bus and train station about a 5-10 minute walk or if you have a lot of cases get a taxi outside train station will go back again on my next visit next year.

Room Tip: all rooms very quiet best rooms for a good view of the river ness and the castle are at the front do...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words about my team and I will be sure to pass them on.

In answer to your room tip, currently guests are unable to request a river facing room but do not hesitate to phone the hotel after you have made your booking and we will try our hardest to accommodate you.

Turriff, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2012

We got a £29 room, excellent value, spacious clean room, excellent location very near city centre. Added bonus was free parking on site, limited spaces but we arrived between check out and check in times so plenty spaces available and were able to check in early at no extra charge. We opted for continental breakfast which was very good plenty of choice. All staff very pleasant. Finally nice and quiet at night

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving a review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay.

It was nice to hear you enjoyed the 'All you can eat' breakfast and had a good nights sleep. As you mentioned in your review, if we have the rooms available my team and I are always happy to get you checked in early.

I hope to see you back soon!

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2012 via mobile

Perfect location. Park on arrival and everything is within walking distance. Limited parking but reception kept an eye out for a space for us, nice girl and local. Decent sized room, spotlessly clean and very quiet despite being the weekend. We had dinner on our first night, the food and service were perfect and reasonably priced. Banter with the staff was good and we had a laugh. Didn't do breakfast but there are lots of options for that within a 10 minute walk across the bridge. Definitely worth booking in advance for the lower room rates which helps the pocket. Nothing else city centre can compare. Thanks for a great stay, we will be back.

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
William V, General Manager at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness) Hotel, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
Dear Guest,

It was nice to hear you took advantage of the hotel's great location to explore the city. Also, I will be sure to pass on the very nice comments you left regarding my reception team.

Once again, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and I hope to see you again soon!