Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness) Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Inverness(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$139
Beaufort Hotel(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$114
  • Restaurant
Bunchrew House Hotel(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$300
US$269
US$234
Macdonald Drumossie Hotel(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$91
US$178
US$172
Orbitz.com
Premier Inn Inverness West Hotel(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$135
PremierInn.com
1,812 results
All reviewsgreat locationcar parkriver nessmeal dealthyme restaurantlimited parkingbudget hotelinverness centrebars and restaurantscentral locationeden court theatreexcellent staynight's sleepshort stayfamily roomtrain stationgood nights sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Had a great time at this hotel over Christmas and Boxing Day to see family and do some shopping.

Check in: Done through a self service machine with a staff member there to help you, very quick and efficient.

Rooms: Very clean and what you expect from Premier Inn.

Restaurant: Only had breakfast on Christmas morning which was great.

Staff: First class, nothing too much and always had a smile on their face.

Definitely Recommend!

Room Tip: Had a view of Ben Wyvis, spectacular on a clear day!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
William V, General Manager at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay.

I hope you had a great Christmas and New Year and I hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 28 December 2013

We stayed for 3 nights over Christmas and it was faultless. The staff are first class, kind and helpful. The rooms are great and the location perfect. Considering that this was over a Christmas period, the staff worked as if it was any other day and no compromise was necessary. I wholeheartedly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and your repeat business with the hotel.

I was delighted to hear you fully enjoyed your stay and I certainly appreciated your kind words regarding my team.

I hope you had a great Christmas and wonderful New Year!

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a few nights over Christmas including Christmas Day and really enjoyed it here.

Great location, just across the River a short walk to the city centre.

Breakfast was really good and I was very surprised the restaurant was fully open for all the hotel guests.

Staff were all very friendly and approachable.. Would definitely recommend!

Stayed: December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay.

It was nice to hear you took advantage of the hotels great location and breakfast, which I hope, helped make your Christmas special this year.

Thank you once again for leaving a review and hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I stayed in this hotel last year on Christmas Eve and gave it a 5 star rating - sadly (as I am a Whitbread shareholder) I can only manage 2 stars this time. The staff were friendly enough (and even gave all the guests a Christmas card - a nice gesture) but the (understandable) use of skeleton staff over Christmas caused its problems. I am a clergyman and returned from Midnight Mass at Inverness Cathedral at around 1.15 am. My room was nice and warm (it was a storm outside), but I tried to turn the heating down before retiring to bed. The lowest the thermostat would go was 19 degrees. (I don't like the heat, and keep my central heating thermostat at 18 degrees during the daytime at home.) So, I decided to turn the heating off and open the window. Not the best idea, because music was floating across the river from some night club - driven no doubt by the storm. However, I woke at 4.15 am to peace and quiet, but I was roasted. I decided to phone the 'friendly reception team' and see if anything could be done about the heating. I was surprised to find no phone in the room, but used my mobile and dialled the number given on my 'we're just a call away' card. What did I get? The Milburn Road Premier Inn which is over a mile away! Not much use, but when I managed to persuade the (polite) person on the other end that I was not staying in Milburn Road he said he would try to contact River Ness for me! At 4.30 am the night porter from River Ness arrived in my room, admitted that it was rather warm, but was unable to get the thermostat any lower than 19 degrees. He said he would try and do something to the heating for the entire hotel from the ground floor controls, but it had no effect! I arrived to take the 11.00 am service at St Michael's church in a very tired state. Fortunately, I managed to hide this from the congregation and led a festive service, but I almost fell asleep watching The Queen's Christmas Message when I got back home. It is one thing roasting the turkey - quite another roasting one's guests.

I suggest that the hotel routinely check the heating controls in each room when they are being prepared for a new guest. It is sleep quality and cleanliness which I value most whenever staying in a hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Highland-Gourmet

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I am disappointed to hear you did not fully enjoy your second stay at my hotel. You have left a very detailed review and I would like to take this opportunity to address some of the points you raised.

The first point you raise is regarding the thermostat in the room that would not go lower than 19 degrees. I can confirm this is the specification used by the hotel in the room and is aided by an additional control panel to help keep a constant temperature in the room. In this instance I would only recommend opening the window in the room but I fully understand the problem you had with the nightclub across the river. This is not normally feedback I receive in the middle of winter but I will certainly speak to my maintenance team and try and come up with a solution.

The second point you raised was regarding the telephones and the phone number given to contact reception. I can also confirm that the telephones were removed from the bedrooms at the end of the October after extensive research was conducted to find that they were seldom used. I must extend an apology to the difficulty you had trying to contact the hotel during the night. The phone number given was indeed incorrect but I have replaced these cards and provided a local area number to avoid charges from 0870 numbers.

The final point you raised was regarding my team and I am certainly appreciative of the kind words. I have spoken to Claire, my Reception Manager, and she informed me she put up the time for the various services at the local churches and had contacted you previously to make your stay more enjoyable. These are things I expect from all of my team and I am happy to hear she did not let me down on this occasion.

Once again, I apologise for the problems you encountered while staying at the hotel and I can guarantee this is not the norm at Premier Inn River Ness. Thank you once again for leaving a review and please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel should you wish to discuss this further.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Excellent location on riverside only a few minutes walk from old town centre and within walking distance of Eden Court Theatre, railway station and bus station. Modern hotel. Continental breakfast excellent although thought full breakfast a bit pricey.
Would definitely stay again. Comfort of city/town centre premier Inns can't be beaten.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple