“Perfect location with excellent staff”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness) Hotel
Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Arrived early on a Sunday afternoon to a cheery welcome from the two people on reception. We've stopped at a number of Premier Inn's across the UK in the past and I have to say this hotel is deserving of its No. 1 Tripadvisor status in Inverness.

All the staff we spoke to were friendly and attentive with a high level of customer focus.

During our visit there was a significant amount of building works at the front of the hotel for the towns flood defence system. This in no way detracted from the quality of the hotel but it will continue to be a bit of an eyesore until the work is completed.

We asked for a River View on our arrival and were allocated room No. 305 which had a castle / partial river view. Room's 301 to 304 appeared to have small balconies with great views over the River Ness. Our room was very clean and the beds comfy with extra pillows already in the room. The first thing I checked was the cleanliness of the bathroom which exceeded my expectations.

We ask at reception for a recommendation for an afternoon walk and we advised of a 40 / 50 minute walk along the banks of the River Ness to the Ness Islands. A very picturesque walk and the opportunity to cross the river by bridges spread across 4 Islands. And ideal walk after a hearty breakfast.

And now to our experience with meals. We asked for a recommendation for an evening meal and rather than having the hotel restaurant thrust down our throats we were told of a restaurant over the river called the Mustard Seed. We tried to reserve a table but were told that Mothers Day evening had already been fully booked for several weeks.

We decided to give the Thyme Restaurant in the hotel a try and were so glad we did. For £22.99 each we both had a starter, steak main coarse, sweet and a drink plus a full cooked breakfast the following morning. Excellent quality and value for money.

The hotel car park is very small (10/15 cars max.) but there is parking at the cathedral a short walk away for £2.00 for 24 hours.

We will definitely be returning to the River Ness Premier Inn and hope that they can maintain the quality of the hotel, staff and restaurant.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
William V, General Manager at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I am delighted you enjoyed your entire stay at my hotel.

Your words regarding my team were very kind and I will be sure to pass them on. My team and I endeavour to make every stay special and I am happy they did not let me down on this occasion.

Thank you once again for leaving a review and I hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights in March 2014. We were really impressed with the place and the great location. Just a short walk to the shops, restaurants and bars but not so close to the action that we were bothered by noise. The young staff were really friendly but professional and efficient; nothing was too much trouble for them. Our room was spotless and the facilities were great. Not long back home and already planning our next stay for later in the year. Would heartily recommend this place. My only gripe was the high bar prices. We would have liked to have a nightcap or two but eight quid for a beer and a G&T was ridiculous.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay.

I certainly appreciate your kind words regarding my team and I will be sure to pass them on. Also, I was happy to hear you are planning to stay at my hotel next year and I appreciate your continued business.

In regards to your comment regarding the bar prices, I can understand your frustration this caused you. I will review the bar prices but they are currently very competitive compared to other hotels in the area.

Thank you once again for leaving a review and if there is anything I can do to make your next stay even better please do not hesitate to ask.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

warm welcome ,clean tidy room modern touches ,decent food , close to town centre Inverness castle within walking distance ,leisure centre with swimming pool close by, good quality shopping, Loch Ness visitor within easy reach by car

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

It was nice to hear you took advantage of the hotels great location to explore everything Inverness has to offer.

If there is anything I can do to make your next stay even better please do not hesitate to ask.

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here this week and were delighted to find we were almost in the centre of town close by all the best restaurants and bars. The staff were really friendly and helpful on arrival and the rooms are spotless as ever. We'll definitely be using this hotel next time we're in town.

1  Thank McMinus

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind words regarding my team and hotel however I am interested in what we could do differently or better to receive a 5 star review in future. Please contact me at william.veidemanis@whitbread.com if you would like to discuss further.

Thank you once again for leaving a review and I hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel on Friday and Saturday 22/23 March. We arrived fairly late but reception greeted us in an efficient friendly manner. The following day we were out early so didn't have breakfast but that evening the staff surpassed themselves. After dinner my child was looking for a chocolate from the vending machine. It wasn't working and the staff member present offered to pop over to Tesco's to collect something for us! This wasn't necessary as we were able to go ourselves when we'd realised it was still open but what service! The following morning breakfast service was efficient and friendly. We were ushered to our table and enjoyed a range of hot and cold food. Great value particularly as children eat free! Others were greeted equally well, one lady reported a coat left in reception the previous evening and this was quickly found. Nothing seemed to be too much bother. If only all hotels were as friendly and efficient. The hotel is in a great location - very central. Rooms are clean and bright and as always we'd a good nights sleep. All in all a great hotel - we'd definitely visit again. Hotel also forwarded details of traffic diversions in advance making access far easier than it might have been.

Room Tip: Some rooms do have a river view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank relaxedholidaygoer
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed here for a couple of night in March 2014. The staff are exceptionally friendly and accommodating. Overall the hotel and our room in particular was spotlessly clean. Great location adjacent the river giving quick access to the town centre. The river bank outside the hotel was under repair during our stay and some sections of the road are closed (I would imagine this will be finished in the next month or so) but check with the hotel first if you have mobility problems as it could be a little inconvenient until the work is complete.
Overall this hotel is first class, the bed was awesome, the room was warm, it was comfortable, the furnishings smart and everything worked has it should. Compared with other budget hotels I've stayed at this was a breath of fresh air. You won't be disappointed here, well done Premier Inns!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Les W
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Ideal location for city, rooms spotless and hotel very crisp, surprisingly quiet considering its city centre location. Only draw back there is no heating in bathroom, and car park small, but overall a great stay

1  Thank SheltieShetland