Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness) Hotel
US$215
US$194
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Macdonald Drumossie Hotel(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$131
Agoda.com
US$291
US$283
Orbitz.com
Holiday Inn Express Inverness(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$174
The Waterside Hotel(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$265
Redcliffe Hotel(Inverness)
US$223
US$167
TripAdvisor
US$127
PremierInn.com
1,813 results
All reviewsgreat locationcar parkriver nessmeal dealthyme restaurantlimited parkingbudget hotelinverness centrebars and restaurantscentral locationeden court theatreexcellent staynight's sleepshort stayfamily roomtrain stationgood nights sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed for two nights on business and I'm very pleased that I chose this hotel. There are a few problems at the moment - the flood defence work leaves the approach looking unattractive and there's a lot of dust about, but once one is inside the hotel it's great. It hasn't been open long I don't think, so everything is fresh and new still, but that doesn't stop them keeping it nice and everywhere is tidy and clean (apart from the windows, but that's the dust from the works just outside). The staff are lovely - they really go out of their way to help, but know when to back off too and leave you alone. They were very helpful indeed receiving hire car keys and so on and they also had excellent advice about the area. The food is excellent, especially the breakfast which is varied and fresh. They make it very clear that eggs are to order and they come quickly when you do.

The only downside of the hotel is, as has been said elsewhere here, the car parking. It's really not very good and they do need to sort something out with their neighbours or maybe a park and ride arrangement or something. There's nothing worse than coming in after a hard day's work out on the road only to find the car park packed full. In fairness to the hotel, though, they warn you about that on the website so I'm not marking them down for it. Similarly the diversions and road closures round about the roadworks send a satnav haywire but I was warned about that by email beforehand, complete with a map of alternative routes - that's good service, but do take note of what they advise!

The location is perfect, ten minutes easy walk from the station and there are plenty of restaurants nearby - and a Tesco just across the road.

A really nice restaurant with really good staff. And, to be a bit corny, Lenny Henry is right about the quality of sleep in his advert - I have never stayed in such an effectively soundproofed room. Nor have I slept so well!

I shall certainly return and can thoughts recommend this place.

Room Tip: Try to get a fourth floor room - the views are fab!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Ian N
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I've stayed here twice now. On both occasions I've had a sound night's sleep. Rooms have always been clean and tidy and well presented. Some of the rooms at the side don't have the best view but for a decent night's sleep you can't go far wrong.

Great location right in the centre of Inverness. Reception staff have always been friendly and to be fair to them I was genuinely surprised that they remembered me on my second visit even thought it was several months after the first.

On this last visit, managed to leave a tablet computer in the room. I couldn't go back and get it as we were on a round Scotland by train trip. Needless to say, thanks to the hotel's honesty the table computer is now safely back in my possession.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Our stay didn't start well as the email that explained that the whole street in front of the hotel is closed and being dug up was not sent until over a week after we had booked, and after we had left home and had no email access. It would have been much more useful (and honest) for them to have sent this email immediately after booking - or better still, have a note on the website.

Parking is, as others have noted, a real problem. The number of spaces available at the hotel is only a small fraction of the number of rooms, and parking in the nearby streets is residents only between 0800 and 1800, so you to go out before 8am and move your car, and hope that some of the hotel spaces have been vacated by them.

It was initially suggested to us that we find a parking space nearby and carry our heavy suitcases to the hotel. After balking at this, the person we spoke to suddenly realised she should have suggested we park at the back, unload, and then find a parking space! To be fair, we were offered a complimentary breakfast to compensate for our check-in hassle - well done.

Don't expect a view from your room if you're on the 1st floor - ours was of the roof of a semi-derelict adjoining building with grass growing in the gutters - see picture.

The room was clean and comfortable - but that is what you expect for over £100 a night.

I was extremely miffed to find that WiFi was a chargeable extra - the only hotel we stayed at in 8 days in Scotland where this was the case. Even the 30 minutes "free" WiFi they offered wasn't really free - in exchange for that small concession, they wanted your email address so that you could be bombarded with junk.

The complimentary breakfast was disappointing - the scrambled egg was a solid homogenised uniform-textured lump, and the bacon oozed that white exudate that comes only from cheap bacon that has added water and/or nitrates.

Ate at the Italian restaurant (Riva) nearby - excellent, tasty food.

Room Tip: If you want any sort of a view, choose a high floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
William V, General Manager at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Kind Regards,

Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness)

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed my stay here, great breakfast and really friendly staff. It was definitely one of the best hotels I stayed at during my tour of the highlands. I seen it in a few of the reviews and parking is definitely an issue here but everyone at reception was helpful in explaining the options nearby.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Markomiller
William V, General Manager at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that your stay at my hotel met your expectations and you experienced the high level of service we endeavour to give our guests. Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay, your feedback is so important to us in our continued efforts to deliver the best service. We do look forward to welcoming your back to the hotel in the future.

William Veidemanis

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Very good value for money! I stayed here for one night on business as there were no other rooms available in my usual hotel and I was very impressed with the standard of this Premier Inn. My room was very spacious and clean and very quiet! Only downside is there was no iron (One was available from reception though) and only limited TV reception (I struggled to watch BBC1).
There is a major lack of parking at this hotel so if your bringing a car be prepared to park on the street.
Breakfast was very good! Excellent full cooked breakfast, cold and continental selections were also available.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your review of my hotel. It is great that our clean hotel, helpful friendly staff and facilities met your expectations and made your stay a comfortable one. We endeavour to deliver the highest level of service in all our establishments and your feedback helps us focus on doing this. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn again in the future.

Willilam Veidemanis