“Great staff, very clean and well located”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness) Hotel
Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We recently spent 3 nights here in a family room. This was our first experience with this hotel chain, and we were quite pleased with the experience. Check in was very friendly and efficient. Our room was spotless - it is very apparent that housekeeping is really on their game here and don't take any shortcuts. Our only minor complaints are (1) the floor in our room was quite squeaky and (2) the second twin bed in our room was very uncomfortable. It looked and felt like a sheet had been put over a box spring with no mattress (we are currently staying at another Premier Inn and there is a thin mattress pad on the third bed which gives it a tiny bit more padding so maybe this was missed in our case). In any event, we could have and should have brought this up with the staff right away and I'm sure something could have been done. All the staff were very friendly and helpful - a special mention to Colette at reception and Steven in the breakfast room. We highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014
Bart_PI, General Manager at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear ginkybiloba,

Welcome to Premier Inn.

Thank you taking the time to review your stay at Inverness Centre (River Ness).

I am glad you were pleased with the overall experience. I passed your kind comments to Claire and her reception team as well as Monika and the rest of the housekeeping team.

I can assure you customer service and delivering spotless rooms for our guests is our highest priority.

At Premier Inn we always listen to customer feedback and on this occasion I would very much appreciate if you could contact me directly to allow me pinpoint the room you stayed in. This would allow my maintenance team, Steve and Pavels to remove the squeak from the floorboards for any future guests staying in the same room.

I would like to apologise for the inconvenience the second twin bed has caused you and I will personally check it to make sure it is fault free. I regret you haven’t had an opportunity to notify a member of my team, I am confident they would rectify this immediately.

Please remember at Premier Inn our reception is manned 24 hours per day, and next time you stay with us or another one of our hotels, do not hesitate to speak to a team member at any time, day or night.

I have already spoken to Collete and Steven and thanked them for making our guests feel brilliant.

Thank you for recommending our hotel to others and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Bart Bukowski

Write a ReviewReviews (1,736)

Reviewed 17 July 2014

good location but road and sidewalk construction going on. Clean friendly staff rest. good for morning meal and late afternoon drink. Rooms very small and cramped you get what you pay for. if you are looking for a clean, cheap place to spend the night this is the place. if you are looking for a place with some character then go else where.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Bart_PI, General Manager at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear jws1946,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

The works to the sidewalk are still ongoing, but once finished will keep the city and our hotel safe from flooding and it will transform the river side completely.

The computer generated simulation on what it will look like can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhsrw4y74rg

I am glad you found the hotel team friendly and the restaurant welcoming for food and drink. I appreciate your feedback regarding the room you stayed in being too small. Please contact me or the reception team directly prior to your next stay and we will do our best to allocate you to a bigger room.

I can assure you my team and I do our best to deliver the best Premier Inn experience, but also add a wee bit of uniqueness to it. We are here to create memories.

I hope to see you back at the hotel soon.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

The staff are brilliant here. Friendly with lots of local knowledge. Location is perfect alongside the river and for access to town. There is very limited car parking, we didn't get a spot. We had a car park view room despite booking well in advance (we didn't request a river view). The twin room consisted of a double bed and a sofa bed. I gave my dad the double bed. Breakfast was OK, good range of choice but nothing "Scottish" unfortunately. I would possibly stay here again but not pay nearly £200 for two nights for the privilege.

Room Tip: If you want a view of the river request it at booking. Do not expect to park your car here.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MomDawn

Dear MomDawn,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

As soon as I read your feedback I have passed it to my team as nothing motivates them more than being called brilliant. They are fantastic indeed, truly passionate and knowledgeable.

I am sorry on this occasion you didn't manage to get a parking spot at the hotel itself, however I hope my team helped you find an alternative parking close by.

I appreciate the fact you booked in advance. We do our best to deliver as many special requests as possible every day, however the amount of river facing rooms is very limited and we can't guarantee it at peak season.

Two things we can guarantee are a great night's sleep and a taste of unique Highland hospitality.

Unlimited Premier breakfast is a fantastic start to a day, we don't currently have any local food options available, but the menu is being changed on regular basis following customer feedback. We have recently added new-recipe premium sausages, mini muffins and grapefruit sections. And kids eat free.

Best rates available at Premier Inn can be found via our official website, at peak summer season these will be higher.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Great location in the banks of the river Ness, a short distance from the town centre. The room and bed were as good as the adverts promise, but the check in was rubbish. The user interface is not obvious insisting you change an entry when there is nothing to change. There is inadequate parking with no viable local alternative, and most irritatingly, they charge extra for more than 30 minutes wifi. Why can't these hotels just build it into the price or will they be charging for the electricity, water and so on next?
Back to the positive, the staff were welcoming, accommodating and friendly.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Elansea,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I appreciate all your comments, especially regarding the welcoming team and the great bed Lenny Henry himself loves so very much.

Please note the express check in kiosks are optional and if you prefer, next time you stay, we can manually check you in at the desk. Most of our guests love the hassle free automated arrival as it gives them extra time for that first chat with the hotel team.

My team do their best to advise our guests on all parking options in Inverness and the ones we mention the most at the moment are:

1. Hotel car park (very limited) 15 spaces & 4 disabled.
2. Duncraig Street (it states ‘Permit Holders Only’ but this has been relaxed while road works are ongoing). 1 minute away from hotel.
3. And the last and most recommended is Cathedral Car Park [IV3 5NS]. All parking in Inverness is fairly reasonable and the 24-hour charge at the Cathedral is only £4.50. 3 minutes drive (0.5 mile) and 5 minutes walk from hotel.

Google Maps directions (copy & paste to your browser):

I have also logged your wifi feedback with my head office. At Premier Inn we always listen to feedback and do our best to constantly improve service and product we provide.

I hope to welcome you to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Premier Inn is a standard contemporary tourist hotel. Within Inverness, this one is definitely one of the best locations with walking distance from the train station and city center and along River Ness Walk. Very inexpensive breakfast. The only issue was 1) there is construction going on along Huntly street for River Ness beautification so it's little hard to access it 2) very hard to find parking around this area.

Room Tip: Higher floors may have lesser noise level
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Abhay B,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are in the perfect location to explore the City of Inverness indeed.

Let me take this opportunity and comment on both points you raised.

Firstly, I completely understand the major works being done at peak summer season isnt an ideal situation. Works are only being carried out between 9am and 6pm. The Highland Council flood alleviation scheme is vital for the future of Inverness, however its original deadline of end of July has now been changed to mid September. A full presentation on how the river side will look like following the project completion can be found here:

I personally think it will add even more character to an already amazing city.

Secondly, I appreciate how busy Inverness is right now and that it is more difficult to find a parking space. Please remember of the following options available:

1. Hotel car park (very limited) 15 spaces & 4 disabled.
3. And the last and most recommended is Cathedral Car Park. All parking in Inverness is fairly reasonable and the 24-hour charge at the Cathedral is only £4.50. 5 minutes away from hotel.

More information on local parking options can be found at the Highland Council website: http://www.highland.gov.uk/downloads/download/96/parking_charges_in_the_inverness_area

We invite and encourage all guests to park in the car park to drop off their bags first and move after if there is no space available at the hotel.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband and I spent 5 nights here and had a wonderful time in clean, pleasant surroundings. We didn't eat in the hotel restaurant because there were so many other good places at which to dine - especially the nearby Kitchen Brasserie! (However, avoid The Room in town; worst hamburger ever!) There is also a TESCO just behind the hotel, and it seems that they clear the bakery, fruit and deli-made shelves at about 9:30 p.m. every day. We got great "day old" croissants and sandwiches for a few pence. The hotel offered to refrigerate things if we needed to. Since neither of us is a big breakfast eater, this was very helpful.

As with many UK bathrooms, ours at the hotel was fitted with a VERY deep tub. Since we knew that getting in and out would be a problem, we asked for a shower instead. The staff immediately (and cheerfully) reassigned us to a handicap room with a huge shower enclosure. (Our fears that the floor would flood proved completely unfounded.)

The only - minor - negative was the lack of face cloths, which is common in many European countries. (We always pack a few old ones just in case.) The flood abatement street work was minimally disruptive and, parking was a non-issue for us since we arrived by bus. Overall we had a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Bart_PI, General Manager at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Hale1776,

Thank you so much for the fantastic and very informative review of your stay and your Inverness experience.

Knowing you had a wonderful 5 days with us here at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness) puts a massive smile on my face. I passed all your comments to my team as well.

I admit Inverness has plenty good restaurants, but I would definitely encourage you to dine in our Thyme restaurant on your next visit. I am 100% sure my head chef Erik and his kitchen team would deliver a mouth-watering burger for you, triple cooked chips served with it are just amazing.

I am glad my team swiftly reacted to your request and moved you to a room of your choice. Please remember you can always contact us prior to your arrival, and we will arrange everything for you in advance.

You are very correct at Premier Inn we don’t offer face cloths, however the amount of extra towels you can request during your stay is unlimited and this can also be arranged for you.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back. Please don’t leave it too long; I am sure you will want to see the stunning river side once the project is completed.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Used this Premier Inn to break up the journey to Stornoway having stayed here last November.

Everything was as expected at a Premier Inn - comfortable sleep, decent sized room, good breakfast. Meal deal offered good value for money and had good choices for the children.

Will more than likely do this again as it makes traveling with the children much less stressful

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Graeme M,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

I hope you had a good time in Stornoway, I really like it as a weekend destination myself. The views on the ferry, peaceful Isle of Lewis and the sandy beaches… I can’t wait to go again.

I am very glad we delivered the Premier Inn promise of great night's sleep in a good room and an unlimited Premier breakfast. I am delighted to hear you chose the meal deal option we offer at the hotel. It is truly amazing.

I go for it every time I stay away from home. From just £22.99 you can enjoy a tempting Premier Inn Breakfast, plus ANY 2-course dinner and a selected drink. What else can you ask for?

It would be great to welcome you back, I hope to do so very soon.