“disappointing”

Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
stornoway
“disappointing”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

we stayed at the premier inn as it was ranked no 2 in inverness but turned out to be very disappointing. I found it to be very expensive but as I had asked for a river view I guessed it was because of the view £314.00 for two nights quite over the top for inverness - loads far cheaper and far better. The bed was not really very comfortable at all and in the morning I found some springs near poking out but we were told that one nights stay would be refunded, so I just got to wait and see. luckily there was a single bed in room too so I had that bed and my husband made do with one side on the double bed. Also there was no river view, view we could see through the dirty window was of Tesco. We ate in the hotel the first night but not a good experience there either. our waitress was very abrupt, not only with us but that's not us to comment on but hopefully the others will. the drinks we asked for were not available in this hotel thought they common enough in fact everywhere else we went we got them. Our frozen prawn cocktail not great fresh seafood would have been fab. rest of food really stodgy. next morning we had prepaid for breakfast which was unfortunately cold due to the fact we had to wait for eggs being cooked. the bathroom door did nt shut properly also day we were checking out I was just going for a shower when the cleaner knocked door so was put out by that - apologies being negative but really I don't understand all the raving reviews - look forward to my refund of £157 and I thank you in advance for that. I just think you should let people know once they make a special request that they are not going to be fulfilled and then I would have booked somewhere else.

Room Tip: don't have room 418
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kitkat18

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
Montrose
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Fab hotel and location as usual, only downside is lack of parking, however there is a public car park a few mins along the road. Annoying that we couldn't stay here for one night had to be for two. Not sure why Premier Inn has started this, makes me disappointed in an otherwise brilliant chain!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Nicosia
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We have just returned home after a lovely trip to the UK where amongst other places we visited Inverness and stayed at this nice hotel. From check in to check out everything went smoothly, our family room was spacious and overlooking the river (as requested by e-mail prior to our visit), breakfast was great, there was free parking in a side road by the hotel and most of all the hotel's staff were extremely friendly and efficient. Overall this was a great stay and we shall definately return.

Room Tip: Always request a river view room and try to book as early as possible in order to secure a good deal...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014

A great location - currently a bit hectic because of the flood defence work going on for a while but that was no great problem - and only a couple of hundred metres from the castle, a short walk from Inverness centre and close to beautiful riverside walks (past all the places that no doubt charge 3 times as much). Wonderfully large rooms – we had a corner one overlooking River Ness – well furnished and kitted out. Very clean and modern. Car parking is a bit of a pain – there isn’t enough and the flood works are currently taking all the on street parking at the front out of commission but staff recommended spaces nearby and were spot on. In fact staff couldn’t be more helpful – gave my wife a complimentary cup of tea while I parked car a little way from hotel.

More than adequate dining room/restaurant and great bar. Really, why would you want to pay more - if you wanted finer dining there are scores of restaurants nearby.

Again I say that you wouldn't find more obliging, friendly efficient and professional staff in any of the big name hotels. . I hope the management appreciate what assets they are.

Would recommend without hesitation

Room Tip: River views are of course preferred and were quiet too.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

A really well located hotel with some fabulous views & good facilities. Room size was good & I had a view out over the river towards the castle which was lovely! The staff were really helpful & friendly letting me check in early to get ready for a wedding which was great. I will certainly be back!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Hitchin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We booked in advance and stayed for four nights. When we booked we asked for a river view if possible, and we got it! The room was exactly what we expected and was overlooking the River Ness and the Castle. The staff were first class, and we only had to ask, and were accommodated.

We will definitely return to this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: All rooms will be the same quality, but a river view is fantastic!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gillian a
Bicton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My father and I stayed while visiting relatives for the week. The hotel was very clean and tidy, well kept at all times and I would happily return given the same level is satisfaction.
Big thank you to all the staff

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple