“Clean and pleasant, nice view”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Inverness Centre (River Ness) Hotel
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Melbourne, Australia
“Clean and pleasant, nice view”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Very nice rooms on on river ness (pity they are doing construction on road). Nice views if you get a room on river side. Close to city and walk to islands. Only hiccup was the kettle didn't work, and I asked for a new kettle, once at 10am, again at 4pm, then again at 10pm, and finally the man who just started his shift then tried to locate a working kettle for us. Thank you to him. Room quite spacious.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Check in at this hotel was very simple, did try to get a riverside, but was told they were fully occupied, and was advised if staying here again to phone up and ask for one after completing the booking, which seems perfectly fair.

The room was what I have come to expect from Premier Inn as I have stayed in a fair few of them, lovely comfortable double bed, plenty of storage space a plenty of space to sit down in the room. My room overlooked other buildings, which was fine for me as I hardly spent any time inside the room. The bathroom was also a good size with plenty of place to put things in if you are staying for more than 1 night. I didn't try the restaurant for dinner or breakfast.

This hotel was conveniently located for me, right on the river with only a short 5 minute walk to the centre of Inverness and literally over the river from Inverness castle and major tourist sites.

I will be staying here again, and next time getting a river view room, just need another excuse to get up to the Scottish Highlands – probably one of the best place on the planet.

Room Tip: If you want a riverside room when you have completed the booking, call the hotel directly who should...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Jcp744
Batavia
Reviewed 19 August 2014

When we visited Inverness, the road in front of the hotel, along the River Ness was closed due to reconstruction. No problem! The walk along the front of the buildings was fine and the walk down the hill from the train station was easy. Very pleasant and clean property. Due to a mixup in the reservation, we were comped breakfast in the morning; a very nice touch. The gentleman who checked us in told us about the bus ride to Fortrose and the walk down to Chanonry Point for the possibility of seeing dolphins. Took the local bus the next morning and saw HUNDREDS!! So much fun. Walked up the beach to Rosemarkie and rode the bus back to Inverness. So much fun!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river. Unfortunately the windows don't open
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
St. Margaret's Hope, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Good value for money,clean and comfortable.I bought a meal deal which provided a two course dinner with a glass of wine and unlimited breakfast in the morning.The Dinner was well prepared,not much choice on the menu but would suit families very well.The Breakfast is good ,with many choices available.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Wirral, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my young son in July for 3 nights. Ideally located close to the town and public transport. Nice rooms, clean and comfortable. Staff on reception had some problems linking my booking of 2 nights and 1 night to enable me to stay in the same room, not very efficient. I would stay here again if the price was right as its convenient.

• Stayed July 2014
highlands
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed here on boxing day 2013 paid £29 but have stayed here for less aand on thaat occassion had a room at the front overlooking the ness....book early for a fab deal. Ate in the restaurant for breakfast which was fine. Receptionists have always been friendly.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank teenieHighlands
stornoway
Reviewed 17 August 2014

we stayed at the premier inn as it was ranked no 2 in inverness but turned out to be very disappointing. I found it to be very expensive but as I had asked for a river view I guessed it was because of the view £314.00 for two nights quite over the top for inverness - loads far cheaper and far better. The bed was not really very comfortable at all and in the morning I found some springs near poking out but we were told that one nights stay would be refunded, so I just got to wait and see. luckily there was a single bed in room too so I had that bed and my husband made do with one side on the double bed. Also there was no river view, view we could see through the dirty window was of Tesco. We ate in the hotel the first night but not a good experience there either. our waitress was very abrupt, not only with us but that's not us to comment on but hopefully the others will. the drinks we asked for were not available in this hotel thought they common enough in fact everywhere else we went we got them. Our frozen prawn cocktail not great fresh seafood would have been fab. rest of food really stodgy. next morning we had prepaid for breakfast which was unfortunately cold due to the fact we had to wait for eggs being cooked. the bathroom door did nt shut properly also day we were checking out I was just going for a shower when the cleaner knocked door so was put out by that - apologies being negative but really I don't understand all the raving reviews - look forward to my refund of £157 and I thank you in advance for that. I just think you should let people know once they make a special request that they are not going to be fulfilled and then I would have booked somewhere else.

Room Tip: don't have room 418
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple