“Just like a student pad!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inverness Student Hotel

Inverness Student Hotel
Barcelona, Spain
“Just like a student pad!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

This hostel had a really friendly, cosy feel to it. I liked the decoration and the input from other travellers, the rooms were okay, nice showers and helpful staff.
It was important to me that there is parking for your car and you can walk into town really quickly.
The only negative thing was that the kitchen is really small and gets too busy at dinner times.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
manager088, Manager at Inverness Student Hotel, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Many thanks for such a lovely review - we're so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Our kitchen isn't called 'intimate & friendly' for no reason - that's for sure!
It does get cosy - especially in the Summer months - sadly we can do nothing about the size, however we're hoping to give it a face lift this Winter once it quietens down and do try and keep it well stocked with herbs and spices to try and distract people from it's size constraints!

Once again we do appreciate all feed back and certainly hope the rest of your travels went well.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

I loved this hostel. The kitchen, the common room, everything although tiny is very comfortable. Lots of guides, bus timetables, brochures, board games, etc.

But Iona (or Yona?), from the reception, is the reason why I'm giving this hostel a five star review. She was very, very, very helpful. One couldn't be more helpful and friendly. I say this because she helped me to plan my trips, to book my day-tour to Isle of Sky and, most of all, to find a place to stay instead (long story. Want a tip? Never pop up in August without a reservation, as I did).

Latin knows, Iona!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
What a beautiful review - we made sure that Ainhoa read it. We call her the Basque pocket rocket and what a welcoming person to have greet you on reception for sure!

It is lovely getting reviews so complimentary especially after such a busy summer - so many thanks.

I hope the rest of your trip went well and we'll look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

My son recently stayed at this property, which I chose with only the information available here on Trip Advisor. In his words, "it can't compare to a B & B but it was pretty standard for a student hostel." There was free tea and coffee, the staff was friendly and the wifi was dependable. If you value privacy, this might not be for you, since the bathrooms are co-ed. But the doors lock and the other guests were mostly accommodating.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
manager088, Manager at Inverness Student Hotel, responded to this review, 25 August 2013
Thanks for taking time to write a review on behalf of your son.
When carrying a heavy bag - just under a 10 minute walk can feel a lot longer I do admit!

When in shared accommodation - it all depends on your room mates - so it can be hit and miss with snorers etc, however it is a budget way to travel.

I hope your son enjoyed his stay and I'm sure he'll be welcome back any time should he choose.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

I was cycling through Inverness and arrived looking like a drowned rat. Paul went out of his way to help me dry out and get sorted including locking my bike away safely. He and the team made me very welcome, the bed was comfortable, the tea and coffee was free and the breakfast was a bargain. Great location close to the castle and the town centre. Before leaving Paul helped me sort out my onward route with maps and printouts, I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs are more airy.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
manager088, Manager at Inverness Student Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Hi Tom

Thanks for such a lovely review.
Paul is certainly a smiley, happy face to be greeted by on reception and is so passionate about the outdoors he loves sharing his passion and knowledge with others.

We hope your cycling trip is going well & that the weather has improved for you - it's been dry with us so fingers crossed! We'll also look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit - be it in a few days or a future adventure!

Thanks again for such lovely feed back.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

I was in Scotland for the first time and by my self. I could not have hoped for a better welcome:) staff was so sweet and remembered me from the emails I had sent concerning booking. Rooms were nice and clean. Shower was a little small, but suited my needs. The common room was very cosy, people giving private concerts on the guitars. Good advice about places to see and pubs in town. Thank you all for a nice time in Inverness

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for such a lovely review!

We certainly try and give everyone a warm welcome & aim to make it a friendly, sociable and comfortable place for groups and solo travellers to relax in - so we truly appreciate such wonderful feed back, especially in the height of Summer.

You'll be very welcome back any time and we were very lucky to have such talented guests who were musicians passing through who could entertain us all with their playing. Live music is always welcome and appreciated!

Thanks again and hope the rest of your travels are going as well.
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

a bit more basic than some other hostels I have stayed in, but very nice. common areas are well used so easy to meet other people, bathrooms are a bit small and iffy and showers weren't super hot, but rooms are all nice and the staff are friendly. recommend it for sure.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for taking the time to review us.

I'm sorry to hear that the showers weren't super hot whilst you were here - we've just had the boiler serviced and replaced recently so it is in working order - unfortunately we must have had guests having super long showers and a full house - so I do apologise for that.

We're certainly an old building and are getting a paint job as soon as things get quieter after the Summer madness, so hopefully if we see you again we'll be looking a lot fresher after a lick of paint!

Thanks again for your review - all feedback is certainly acted upon.
Sidmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Third hostel we've stayed in on our trip so far, and by far the friendliest! Staff are wonderful (especially Paul!) and provided us with a warm welcome. Made new friends within five minutes and learned all the best places to go in the area from knowledgeable locals. Thumbs up and woo hoo!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
manager088, Manager at Inverness Student Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
So glad to hear you enjoyed yourselves - Paul is certainly a welcoming face when you first come in for sure!
Hope the rest of your travels go as well as the start and you'll be welcome to return for another visit when ever the opportunity arises.
Thanks for giving us such positive feedback.