Columba Hotel Inverness by Compass Hospitality
Redcliffe Hotel(Inverness)
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
1,357 results
All reviewsthe rivermcnabs barinverness castleexecutive roomitison voucherroll top bathcathedral car parkbuffet breakfasta river view roomeden court theatrecity centreshort breaklovely roompubshighlands
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night and booked at the last minute. Lovely location, overlooking the River Ness. Our room did not have this view but made up for this as it was clean, warm and comfortable. The bathroom was spotless. Food was very nice and lots of choices for breakfast. Would recommend !!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Amy W, General Manager at Columba Hotel Inverness by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Guest, Many thanks for your lovely review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and your kind words will be shared with my team. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. With warm regards, Amy

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Sitting in the lounge bar this place looks and feels fantastic. Wonderful views and excellent location. Disappointingly this was the best part of the experience.

Check-in was friendly and positive. Leaving the reception to head to the bedrooms you start to appreciate how big this building is and you enter the maze to find your room. The decor needs updating in the corridors but it's still clean and tidy.

My room was the farthest away on level 1, room 156 which was a single. It did what is said on the box, single bed, room to sleep and store and a nice bathroom. Sadly the view was of the hotel next door and it's side wall. I may have marked up a point had it been front facing like some of the nice pictures from other posters on here.

Free Wi-Fi worked fine and nice to see these days. As I mentioned earlier the location is ideal for the centre of town. I would highly recommend Rocpool a restaurant on the corner for an evening meal.

Breakfast was in a large enough dinig area on the ground floor. The polish sounding waitress was efficient if a bit robotic sounding in her instructions, it was the same monotone instruction heard every few minutes as new guest arrived. That said she must do this dozens of times a day! The quality of the ingredients for breakfast was not great.

It was a reasonably priced stay and if I'd had a better view I would probably come back again.

Room Tip: If your break is leisure I would aim for a front facing room with a view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Amy W, General Manager at Columba Hotel Inverness by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Guest, Many thanks for your review following a recent stay with us. I was pleased that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay and fully take on board your comments. We do have a wide variety of rooms, from singles to executive rooms and some stunning views of the River and Castle, so perhaps we can show you one of these rooms when you are next in Inverness. Once again, many thanks for your valuable feedback and best regards, Amy

Reviewed 26 November 2013

The hotel is a bit of a maze, easy to get lost in. The room was small but clean and warm. The dining room was spacious but quite chilly - food good and plenty of it. Staff very friendly and chatty. I left my coat behind in the room and the hotel are very kindly posting it back to me.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with decent view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review following a recetn stay with us., I was pleased that you enjoyed your tiem with us and delighted the team looked after you. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back soon. With kindest regards, Amy

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Not great if I'm honest.

The hotel is a bit of a maze and the chilly rooms are pretty small and underwhelming. The bedding has had some money thrown at it, but the quality of the showers and bath is 2 Star at best.

Although they have free WiFi it is a constant battle to get on and stay on because it runs on quite an antiquated system.

Breakfast is not bad, but the garishly lit dining room is set up for octogenarian Wallace Arnold coach parties and you wouldn't want to spend much time in it.

There is a large bar attached to the hotel which is a massive wasted opportunity. It is cold, illuminated like a light bulb factory and has a wood burning stove that is merely used for decoration. It could and should be a real asset to the hotel, but instead it is unloved and boring.

Unfathomably here it is house policy NOT to stock local beers either on draught or in bottles. (Unless you count Tennents Lager as local )For that reason alone I would not want to return to this place. Although I do feel sorry for the hard working bar staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank DavidDundonald

Dear Guest, Thank you for your thoughts following a recent stay with us. All feedback is essential in my business as it enables us to review and improve on the services and products we offer. I am sorry if we did not meet woth your expecations and hope that you may return to see what changes we have made. With best regars, Amy

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed here for a night on a group weekend away. The room itself was okay but would be nearer to a 3+ star. I had a good nights sleep, however for what we paid we thought breakfast was included but unfortunately we found we were booked as room only. The staff were trying to get into our room just after 9am on a Sunday morning!! Check out was not for 2 hours so this is not what you want on a relaxing break. We could have got a nicer hotel including breakfast for a lot less money so probably wont be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review following a recent stay with us. I was pleased that you had a good night rest and fully take on board your comments which will be shared with my team to ensure we are improving on our services. I hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Columba soon. With best regards, Amy