“Can't wait to return”

Columba Hotel Inverness by Compass Hospitality
Ranked #29 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed 26 April 2014

2 days was just not enough!! Loved Inverness, the hotel Columba is beautiful, the staff was super helpful, Brian the manager was wonderful!! He took care of everything always making sure we had everything we needed. Our room was very spacious and clean, the water pressure in the shower wasn't the best, but no big deal.
The location is also very good, easy to get to and easy walk to city center.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Amy W, General Manager at Columba Hotel Inverness by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your lovely review following your recent stay with us. I was delighted that you had a good time and my team looked after you, and I will pass on your kind words, especially to Bryan. I do hope we have the great pleasure of welcomg you back soon. With warm regards, Amy and Team Columba.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,305)

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had a lovely stay at the Columba. The room we had was very nice although needed a wee bit of finishing. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. We had dinner one night and although it was tasty it was a bit 'pub grub'. Would recommend hotel to anyone visiting Inverness as it's location is excellent being right on the river in a good central location.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Amy W, General Manager at Columba Hotel Inverness by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review following a recent stay with us, I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and your very kind words will be shared with my team. I do hope we can welcome you back very soon. With warm regards, Amy and Team Columba.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

The hotel is situated on the banks of the river Ness a lovely view if your room is facing that way. We managed to get a late deal the room we stayed in was to the back of the hotel and looked out on other buildings.
The hotel does not have a car park so we had to use the cathedral car park approximately 400 metres away and costs £2.00 for a 24 hour stay.
On arrival the receptionist was very friendly explaining all the options for dinner, breakfast extras as part of the deal. (free cream tea and a bottle of wine). the area was clean and well kept, An add bonus was Wifi in all areas of the hotel.
The room (301) was reasonably sized twin room, it had a small window looking over roof tops to the rear of the hotel, the room was clean with the usual extras tea, coffee TV etc, there was not a safe in the room. the bathroom was of a good size and the paper was peeling off the walls, one morning the door was left open whilst showering this set of a alarm, and we hotel staff at our door within 15 minutes.
As part of the deal we had a £20 allowance for an evening meal, the menu of the restaurant had a good selection of meals within their set menu which allowed a three course meal. which was of a good quality the meals were served prompt after ordering, the staff were friendly,
The breakfast was serve yourself, with the availability of Haddock, poached eggs, porridge etc available on request.
This hotel was advertised as a 4 star hotel, which i thought was more than it deserved, it was a nice hotel but could do with a refurbishment to show off its many features

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thank you for your reveiw following a recent stay with us. I was pleased that your enjoyed most aspects of your stay and services we offer, and your kind words will be shared with my team. I take on baord all your comments and will see what we can do to ensure we are continually improving on our products and services were possible. I hope we can welcome you back soon. With warm regards, Amy and Team Columba

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed here 2 nights over Easter, greeted by pleasant lady on reception who was very helpful and patient despite being very busy with guests checking in and the phone constantly ringing. Nice clean room, immaculate bathroom, bottle of champagne included in deal. Evening meal was really nice, buffet breakfast is fab....plenty of choice although the sausages were awful!!! Ideal location, lovely walk along the river Ness to Whin park, would definitely stay here again, even the long train journey north is worth it in itself.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sue m

Dear Guest, thank you for your review following a recent stay with us. I was delighted that we ticked most boxes for you and your very kind words will be shared with my team. I am sorry if the sausages were not to you liking, when you are next staying, drop me a line and I will see what I can do to ensure we can offer you a different choice. I hope we can welcome you back soon. With best regards, Amy and Team Columba

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I stayed at this superb hotel on the 16th / 17th April 2014. I arrived rather late after a flight from Norway and then a train from Aberdeen. The staff were very welcoming and obliging and coped well when the hotel was hit by the power outage effecting the entire area for about 1 hour. The hotel is a superb Victorian building and very warm and solid. While I was at the hotel there was a lovely recital of traditional Scottish music and dance. My room was superb and well furnished. Breakfast was excellent too and a delight to consume. It was well presented too. I hope to return there in the summer.

Room Tip: If arriving by train or coach make sure you know the way to the hotel as it is not at first easy to...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ChristopherAuckland

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your lovely review following your recent stay with us. My team will be delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I hope we have the great pleasure of welcoming you back soon. With warm regards,Amy and Team Columba

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Stayed for 3 nights in room 310, lovely large room with an equally large bathroom both very clean. The staff were all excellent within the hotel and McNabs Bar was great, serving a really good steak. Breakfast was really good with cooked buffet breakfast, cereal, fruit juice and continental breakfast.
As said the hotel has no car park but the £2 car park nearby was good and the location of the hotel is excellent.
We had a disturbed nights sleep when the booster pump for a nearby bathroom ran on & off all night, not the hotels fault just someone leaving a dripping tap.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorna M
Amy W, General Manager at Columba Hotel Inverness by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your review following your stay with us. I was delighted you enjoyed our hotel and services. You very kind words will be shared with my team. I do hope we can welcome you back very soon. With warm regards, Amy and Team Columba

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Columba for one week whilst in Inverness visiting relatives. The staff are friendly and professional - particularly in reception and in McNabs bar. The waiting staff at breakfast were also very good. Martin in the bar was exceptional.
Our bedroom (127) needed updating and was quite dark. The mattress needs replacing and was quite uncomfortable. In hindsight we should have complained and asked for another room. However, the location is excellent and its proximity to the shops is a couple of minutes walk across the bridge. There is no hotel parking but we used the nearby Cathedral car park £2 for 24 hours.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank swansonlm
Amy W, General Manager at Columba Hotel Inverness by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. I was delighted that you enjoyed most aspects fo your stay, and your very kind comments will be shared with my team, epsecially Martin. I am sorry if you found the room dark and the mattress was uncomfortable, we would of been deligthed to offer you another room. I do hope we can welcome you back soon, please feel free to contact us direct so we can ensure we alloacte a more suitable room for you. Once again, many thanks for the feedback, it really does help us monitor how we are doing and make changes where necessary. With warm regards, Amy and Team Columba.