“No hot water for a shower - not worth the money”
Review of Redcliffe Hotel

Redcliffe Hotel
Ranked #28 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I stayed here with my partner on a Saturday night for a weekend trip to Inverness. We paid £95 for the room which was tiny - not large enough for 2 adults and luggage. The bed was also small but quite comfortable and there was a skylight window overhead. This was our first disappointment.
The following morning we were unable to shower as there was no hot water. There is no phone in the room to phone reception so my partner had to call a mobile number given in the information pack in the room from his own mobile phone. Eventually someone answered saying they had to put a booster on and it would take around 10 minutes. 15-20 minutes later and still no hot water I try to call again but no one answered. I then got dressed and went down to reception where a member of the kitchen staff dealt with my complaint giving me the same information about the booster 'about 10 minutes'. This is after trying to have a shower for 45 mins. He told me this is was because 'all the guests are having a shower at the same time'. After expressing my frustration of paying nearly £100 for a tiny room with no hot water I was offered £20 of my bill,
My partner and I left Inverness that morning as on going back to the room after complaining, there was no water coming out the shower at all. We decided to cut our losses and headed back home to Aberdeen as we did not wish to go walking without a shower.
To conclude, the room is very overpriced for what you get and the staff were less than helpful when we had a problem with the room. A very disappointing trip.
A hotel, AS A GIVEN, should provide a working shower in the rate for ALL guests regardless of the time of day they wish to use it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 June 2013

Stayed here for work, just for one night. The room was small but was very comfy and had everything you need. The place was immaculate and the staff exceptional. Also ate in the restaurant and I have to say the food was delicious and the service superb. Location is excellent also for the town centre and has some very beautiful views. Would recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in hotel room quite small but very clean and comfortable very good powerful shower , dined both nights in hotel food was excellent and good value for money 2 course for 12.95 would definetly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We stayed here for a treat night away to the theatre , but ended up tired after very little sleep in the hotel. Our room was small with only a dirty velux window overlooking a roof. The bed was like a sofa bed hard and uncomfortable . On arrival we were not especially happy with the small room but our main concern was a loud electronic noise coming from below, so we went to the manager and said we would not be able to sleep with that noise. He informed us that the noise would stop at 9pm .It did not stop and we realised at about 6 am we were above the kitchen ,the morning shift came in and the noise got worse. The most annoying thing is that the owner who seemed nice enough had the opportunity to move us but he did not , we had even dined at his hotel thus giving him even more than the cost of our small noisy room. I would not recommend this hotel now wonder whether these poor standard rooms are used by hotels for late booking sites and they just make easy money from them .

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2013

We were in a group of 20 and we prebooked our menu.All courses were promptly served and no-one was left waiting for their food which is one of my pet hates! They even gave us a proper notepad to write out our drinks order. They have a cocktail menu which is quite varied but as there were 20 drinks cocktails were made last, unfortunately no jugs which i feel saves much time! They accomodated us all in lovely friendly suroundings while the staff smiled and were polite. My courses were prawn cocktail,just the way you would expect it, main course was plaice with capers on a bed of spinach,green beans and sliced roast potatoes yum! Had to do the sticky toffee pud with plenty sauce and some ice cream, not too heavy,just right. A very good evening had by all.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 January 2013

We had only planned on staying here one night, but loved it so much we stayed two!

It isn't much to look at from the outside, but inside we found a clean, warm, friendly atmosphere. There were three of us in the room (upstairs) plus ample space for our luggage. The bathroom looked new, it was nearly sparkling it was so clean! The town centre and Inverness Castle is a very short walk away, though we had a car so we drove around. If you have a car, there is ample parking space. We had breakfast both mornings, which was served in the very fancy dining room and was more than adequate. We also thoroughly enjoyed the hot chocolate sachets provided in the room. I slept on the the pullout bed, so didn't expect much, but couldn't believe how comfy it was! Oh, and special mention to the staff who were friendly and very helpful! You made our first time in Inverness very memorable!

I truly hope to visit Inverness again and now I know exactly where I will stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Stayed for 1 night on Hogmanay. Got a room quite last minute for a reasonable rate. Really friendly staff, hotel has a nice relaxed atmosphere. We had a downstairs room, fresh, modern decor, very clean and had absolutely everything we needed, with a huge bed.
We decided to eat in the hotel, and we were hoping for something a little fancier, we were not disappointed. food was first class. Beautifully cooked and presented and there is a lovely cocktail menu.
Breakfast was being served later with it being New Year's Day, which we were delighted with and again, a lovely freshly cooked breakfast.
We wouldn't look past this lovely little place next time we are staying in Inverness.

• Stayed: December 2012