“I wouldn't stay here again ”
Review of Redcliffe Hotel

Redcliffe Hotel
Ranked #31 of 35 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

The room is very small. The heater doesn't work very well. There was barely any hot water and the shower did not drain very well. Our room was basement level and the single window looked out to the back stairwell. I felt a little unsafe. The linoleum flooring was bubbling in the bathroom, which is something that should be fixed asap. The only positive thing about this place is the staff is very friendly.
But all in all I do not like this hotel. Wish I would have stayed in a different one here in Inverness.

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Kristen C
There are newer reviews for Redcliffe Hotel

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have stayed at this Hotel many times in the past but have not been there for over two years. I phoned and booked a single room, and on my arrival I found the staff very helpful, nice hotel with parking off road. The room was small but adequate and very clean, the restaurant was not available until 7.00 pm due to two large parties who had booked, and as they explained what was happening I did not mind the wait, evening meal was very good apart from the chips which were over done I think they have a new chef as the food was always excellent, breakfast was very good and up to usual standards, will go back as this is a very handy Hotel for the town center.

Room Tip: As for a front room they get all the sun.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Nice little hotel. Rooms good , friendly staff and convenient location. Only had a single room but was more than adequate. Room price was very reasonable paying £37.50 for a single room including breakfast
I would happily stay again if back in the area

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 October 2013

from the moment I arrived I felt at home in this friendly city hotel. The receptionist was helpful and efficient and also served my evening meal which was excellent and reasonably priced. Although my room was quite small it was comfortable clean and well appointed. The hotel is only a few minutes walk from the city centre shops and has plenty parking. The proprietor was an excellent host chatting to the guests and making everyone feel welcome. This was my first visit but will certainly not be my last. A real jewel in the crown in the highland capital

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I was given a huge room, just for me, as they had lost my booking. However, the room was lovely, spacious and with a separate seating area and large bathroom. Everything was very new and shiny. Wifi was a bit weak but worked ok. The food was reasonable, if unexciting. Staff were lovely and really made my stay. Weirdly, the offered porridge for breakfast but, when I asked for sugar, they had no sugar at all (except lumps) in the whole hotel. No honey. Nothing to sweeten porridge. Eventually, they found golden syrup but, given that I had eaten a "homemade chocolate brownie" the night before, it was surprising. Also, there was packet sugar in the rooms. I asked for room supplies of tea to be replenished (the maid had not done it) and it wasn't done. So, all in all, great location. My room was lovely, the staff were helpful, food OK but it could have been excellent with very little effort.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We stayed at Redcliffe hotel in August this year. Our room in the basement wasn't that great but the staff at the hotel were fantastic !

Staff were very friendly at the restaurant and reception were very helpful.

I think it's the manager, but I'm not sure of his name. He even gave us a box of cookies when we were leaving Inverness for Edinburgh, knowing we had a 3 hour journey ahead of us, with our 2 year old. That was a nice and warm gesture.

Location of hotel was very convenient, walking distance to the city, shopping areas and eateries.

If we went back to Inverness, we'd stay at this hotel again.

Rani - Singapore

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Thought this would be a disaster when I arrived as there was a mix up with my booking. To be fair I had changed this and added a colleague over 3 separate calls so partly to blame for the confusion. The owner was first class in sorting this out.

Previous commentator s have mentions that rooms were small and there was no doubt that space was at a premium, never the less there was a comfortable double bed for a single man. The room looked to have been recently refurbished and was tastefully done.

Staff were always very pleasant and at tentative. The acid test - cooked breakfast was passedvwith flying colours

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business