“Excellent place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bazpackers Hostel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Bazpackers Hostel
“Excellent place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

Thanks again for a wonderful week. Fully relaxed hostel with excellent facilities in the city centre with an wonderful pub (the castle) next door. The staff were at all times polite and helpful. See you again soon.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Kju790

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Indonesian first
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

During an 8-day trip by train, my partner and I ended up in Inverness. Due to the highly flexible nature of the trip, we had not pre-arranged any bookings. Bazpackers had been recommended in our handy Lonely Planet guide to the UK and since it was close to the city centre, we decided to try our luck.

Reception was very friendly and fortunately, we were able to book a twin room for under 40 pound. The WiFi is free and works great. The city centre is a mere 5 minute walk. There is a pub a quick stumble beside the hostel itself. The room was nice and cozy (also very toasty with the heater) and the bathroom impeccably clean if very, very cold in the morning. We also found that things were very quiet despite it being a Friday evening.

The only fault I could find was the bed I slept on was very springy and uncomfortable for me. However, others may not necessarily feel this way.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

For my first stay in a hostel I was a bit afraid but everything was really good. I stayed one night, in a room with two bunk beds, but there was only me and another woman. The duvet was really warm (although there was a lot of hair on it, but with the duvet cover it was ok) and there was good heating.
The bathroom on the first floor was clean, and the shower was hot.
The common room is cozy, with fire place and sofas, there is a little, clean kitchen, there is free coffee and milk for everyone, which is quite convenient.
I will definitely stay here if I ever come back to Inverness!

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Really enjoyed staying here. It's a small hostel, the kitchen is clean and well kept.

PROs:
(1) Inexpensive.
(2) Clean tidy kitchen.
(3) Right next to a cozy corner pub with good beer on tap.
(4) Easy to meet people as a solo traveler.
(5) Relaxed, friendly vibe.

CONs:
(1) Bunks are metal and a little rickety.
(2) Not in the town center (although not far to walk in).
(3) Bathroom is a tad bit cramped.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Penarth, Wales, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

This is a nice place to stay on a budget in the centre of Inverness, just around the corner from the Castle and the River Ness.
They have a lovely and cosy communal area with a fire and comfy seats in the main building as well as a well equipped kitchen. Rooms are small but comfortable. I have stayed at the private double room for a couple of nights during my stay - the room was nice but also very basic. There is a small bathroom on the top floor and a large mixed bathroom on the ground floor with clean and modern showers.
There is a Tavern right next to the Hostel with good atmosphere and good and reasonably priced food.
You need to buy your own breakfast as it's not provided, but they have plenty of room in the fridge and cupboards (they have milk and tea / coffee for everyone to use).
I went with a group of friends during the Loch Ness Marathon and the hostel was full of runners which was great (book early as it filled up very quickly). Location was great as the finish and pick up area for the coaches that bring you to the start line was only a short walk from the hostel.

Room Tip: They have rooms in the main Hostel building as well as additional rooms in a different part - you ha...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

The bed was comfortable & nice view of the River Ness. We stayed in April. We had private room so we were off at another entrance which was filthy and neglected. I was fine with that. I just needed a place to put my head. EWW. From the check, which we ran the buzzer for 15 minutes to the guy who looked at us like we were bothering him. He said hte buzzer is not working.. sorry. (We heard the buzzer through the building) The room's wi-fi did not work, we had to sit in the hall or kitchen to receive a signal. One bathroom has a huge hole in the wall .. i was afraid a rat might come out, the other bathroom had a burnt out light, so it was pitch black. The guy next to us took a late shower and left light and fan on all night. The extra blanket in the closet was full of hair.. short hair. I slept in my clothes on top of the covers and checked out the next day. I found a B&B to stay at instead. I could not wash myself enough after that experience.

Room Tip: I can't help you pick a good room. I only saw the private rooms area. The room at the end of t...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank renaandamy
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

I was able to check in without a reservation with no problems whatsoever. The man on the front desk was very welcoming and showed me to my room right away. Whenever I saw him, he had a smile on and always said "hi."

I was in a separate section of the hostel, so the rroms that were over in said section had their own bathroom, shpwer, and kitchen, all of which were cleaned regularily and were decent. The kitchen was one of the best kitchens I've seen in a hostel. It was small, but equipped well for all that I needed.

My room was also cleaned regularily and was a good size for four people. The bed was nice and comfortable. The internet worked very well for the entire stay.

The location was fine and was a good 5 minute walk to the centre. There is a restaurant right out the front door, which is nice if you don't want to walk far for a meal.

Overall, a very nice place to stay and a very clean, comfortable place. I would come back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo