“great place to stay”
Review of Bazpackers Hostel

Bazpackers Hostel
Reviewed 23 May 2014

3 of us stayed in the self contained flat for one night and in a dorm room for the second night, it was a very relaxing comfortable end to our hike after camping on the Speyside way. very central and great for a chill out before a long train journey home. will book again.

Room Tip: book the self contained flat if there is up to 4 of you.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Bazpackers Hostel

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Very nice hostel with excellent staff. The washroom on our floor was definitely the nicest I have seen for a shared washroom. The hostel is very central and we were easily able to find parking nearby.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I visited the Bazpackers Hostel last Winter and really wish I could have stayed longer. Not only was the place decorated with cozy furniture (and the fireplace, although not real, definitely added to the warmth of the place) in the common room, but the rooms were always warm (definitely an added bonus in the dead of winter), bedding always clean and amenities always available. To put this into context, whenever I travel outside my own country (the USA) I always stay at hostels. What matters most to me is that I meet friendly people at hostels that become family I will never forget. I was particularly impressed with this one because they offered coffee and tea for free (a big deal considering how expensive Scotland can be to travel in), always had hot water ready, had clean facilities, were always kind and polite in their correspondence and most of all, were willing to sit down with me and get to know each other. I realize that this can be particularly difficult in the summer time when hundreds of people come in and out of a hostel in the heart of Scotland. But in the winter time, it was great to sit and relax with these kind people. An added bonus was that they have a second set of rooms around the building also with a kitchen and showers just in case they get crowded. To be honest I stayed there, but still carried my stuff around the building back to the main common room and kitchen so that I could talk with people. I hope to return again maybe the end of this Summer with my family this time. I look forward to another great conversation in that cozy atmosphere over tea or coffee. To get there can be tricky I will say. You can walk there from the central bus station. I know I have and I've known others to do so as well, but it's best to catch the bus the first or second time just in case. Ask the folks who work there how to do it and which bus station to get off at and it should be a cinch.

Room Tip: I tried both the 4 bed women's room and the 6 bed mixed. As a woman traveling alone, I would def...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Kelly A
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Having been let down by the hostel we originally booked, we were recommended The Bazpackers Hostel by the Tourist Information Centre. We managed to get a 4 bed room and a double room next to each other in the annex part of the hostel. This was like a self contained flat with 3 rooms, 2 bathrooms and a kitchen, as it turned out there was no one in the third room so we had the place all to ourselves! The man on reception was very apologetic that the rooms had not yet been cleaned, as they weren't expecting anyone in them, but assured us they would be clean by the time we got back later, which they were. The beds were so comfy, the mattresses looked quite new and the kitchen and bathrooms were without a doubt the cleanest of any hostel I've been to. The location was great, right across from the castle and a 5 minute walk to the main street/ train station.

Room Tip: Rooms 8 and 10 (doubles) and room 9 (4 bed) are in the annex part of the building.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Leanne W
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Myself and my partner spent our valentines weekend here and thoroughly enjoyed it. On arrival we were attended to quickly and efficiently. The friendly gentleman who greeted us assisted us with our luggage and took us to our room.

The room it's self had a great view, was very clean and comfortable. Our room was located in the annex which was completely self contained with a fully functioning kitchen, bathroom and shower room. There was other couples in the annex but we heard no noise whatsoever.

The location of the hostel is great. Situated across from the castle beside a lovely old fashioned pub, the Castle Tavern, which has an out door area which you can have dinner/drinks in (weather permitting) and enjoy the view. It is also a 5 min walk straight walk to the town which is very easy to find.

I would fully recommend this hostel for its location and staff friendliness. I felt it was great value for money and well worth the stay.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the property give the best views across the river and of the castle.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MHARIE K
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I simply loved that place, I was traveling alone, and a really felt in home there.
A stone walls living room with log fire and very kind crew.
I will never forget this place and I often recomend it to friends.
It is very good located, by side the castle. And you can see the river by your window. The kitchen is clean, well equiped and organized.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Juliana_Agra
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Nice hostel, great location 5min. near center, kitchen well equiped, shared refrigirators are clean, spacy, quiet. Rooms are clean with beds wich make no noise at night. Organisation ,check in and out was without problems. WiFi avalible :-)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple