This was our third stay at Rocpool and I am pleased to say we had another wonderful stay.
We were greeted in the hallway by a lovely friendly receptionist. As we arrived slightly earlier than 3pm our room was being checked over, so we took a seat in the guests lounge and watched the beautiful fish in their tank – check it out ;-) We were quickly shown to our room and checked in there.
We stayed in room 10 which is an extra decadent room with hot tub. This room is lovely and spacious, with a huge super comfy bed, a separate seating area, lots of storage space, Tassimo coffee maker and well stocked mini bar. There is a large bright bathroom with a lovely big bath and separate shower, Thierry Mugler toiletries, robes & slippers.
Outside there is a large covered patio area with a table and chairs, large hot tub and sauna cabin. This room is ideal in bad weather as all are under cover, and a high wall provides shelter from any wind. We sat out in the tub sipping champagne watching snow falling around us – Bliss!
We stayed on a Sunday night and being winter there were only a few guests. This meant that the Roux restaurant was very quiet – in fact only us and one other couple when we dined. As you can imagine being so quiet the service was great, but they always provide great service even when busy. Our meal was delicious, and portion sizes were good for fine dining. Thank you to the chef who kindly made me a side dish which wasn’t on the menu – very accommodating.
Prior to dinner we had a drink in the bar - their cocktails are delicious – try a raspberry frozen daiquiri mmmm! We have also eaten in the bar before and the food on that menu was equally as tasty.
Breakfast in the morning is great with cooked to order options, and also fruit, pastries, etc all served to your table. Their freshly pressed apple juice is delicious.
Check out was nice and speedy, and as it was snowing the staff kindly offered to check the weather reports and road conditions for our journey home. A nice touch.
We always leave wanting to stay for longer, which is a great sign of how lovely this hotel is. No doubt we will be back again soon.
On another note, if you are keen to try some of the other hotels in the ICMI group I can highly recommend Greywalls at Gullane. We stayed there at the start of the year and it was also wonderful. Knowing they all offer such high standards, I plan to work my way round all of these properties :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5 Star boutique hotel opened in February 2006. A totally renovated Georgian Townhouse featuring stunning modern original design. The hotel also has a Chez Roux restaurant with a French flair and R-bar for cocktails. All produce used is local produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Rocpool Reserve hotel & Chez Roux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocpool Reserve Hotel & Chez Roux Hotel Inverness
- Rocpool Reserve Hotel And Chez Roux
- Rocpool Reserve Inverness
- Rocpool Reserve Hotel Inverness
- Rocpool Reserve Hotel & Chez Roux Inverness, Scotland