Rocpool Reserve hotel & Chez Roux
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$215
US$193
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Glenmoriston Town House(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$215
Hotels.com
Bunchrew House Hotel(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$596
Kingsmills Hotel(Inverness)
US$208
US$202
  • Pool
Craigmonie Hotel & Leisure Ltd.(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$167
Orbitz.com
US$147
US$136
Travelodge Inverness Fairways(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$110
Travelodge
Premier Inn Inverness West Hotel(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$126
PremierInn.com
US$127
PremierInn.com
All reviewshot tubdecadent roomturn down servicesouffleboutique hotelcar parkcoffee machinehuge bathroomroom numbercooked to perfectionfollowing morningtown centrestayed here for one nightthe riverbiscuitsloch nessscotland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Second visit to the hotel. Can't fault it in any way. Stayed 2 nights in a chic room and had breakfast in bed both days. Effortless service that was attentive but not overbearing. Breakfast each day was gorgeous. As for the cheese soufflé - can only describe it as eating cheese flavoured clouds!! Looking forward to returning at New Year.

• Stayed: January 2014
Rocpool-Inverness, General Manager at Rocpool Reserve hotel & Chez Roux, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Guest,
It was an absolute pleasure to welcome you back to Rocpool Reserve and I thank you kindly for reviewing your stay.
Breakfast in bed is a rare treat which I am glad you made the most of during your stay and enjoyed the food prepared by our fantastic Roux Chef’s, hopefully setting you up for your days of exploring Inverness and the surrounding area.
You have certainly described our Cheese Soufflé in the best way I could imagine and I hope you can look forward to enjoying it once again during your stay with us at New Year as much as we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Loved the Hotel from the minute we arrived. Had been last year for lunch and decided to go back for a Birthday celebration. Staff were outstanding and we were certainly looked after and attended to. Nothing was too much trouble. We stayed for 2 nights in an extra decandant room No 10 which was lovely. We had a sauna and hot tub on the patio, luxurious. The bed was so comfortable and it was so unusual for me to have such a good nights sleep. The bathroom was huge with a walk in shower and seperate bath, and face cloths which most hotels do not provide.
We had dinner both nights which was great. We are not big eaters so we had one course from the a la carte. My husband has a shellfish allergy and the chef altered the whole fish dish to suit him. Breakfast is outstanding, everything is freshly made and served beautiful. Try the fresh fruit plate!. The Hotel is well situated, a short walk to and from the town centre. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Look at the rooms on the web site, we chose the extra decandent as it was a special occasion.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review based on your recent stay with us, I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your previous dining experience with us so much that you chose to come and sample what the Hotel has to offer.
Our Extra Decadent bedrooms certainly provide something which is that extra bit special and I am glad to hear that you made the most of the private hot tub and sauna. A great nights sleep is essential to the enjoyment of a stay and it is wonderful that we were able to provide this for you.
Our experienced Roux Chef’s are outstanding and will cater as much as is possible to any dietary requirements or allergies which we are aware of, so I am glad that you could take advantage of this option and enjoy your meal.
I hope that I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Rocpool Reserve in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two nights in mid January. From the greeting when we arrived, to the goodbye when we left, the service was second to none. The hotel itself is beautifully decorated and furnished with real style and flair. Our room was extremely clean and well equipped, and the bed was the most comfortable we have ever slept in! The little touches such as champagne, the bathrobes and lovely toiletries, along with the wonderfully old-fashioned turn-down which magically happened whilst we were at dinner (bed was made, cushions removed, chocolates and bottles of water put on the bedside tables) made our experience so much more special. As for the food, we were blown away by the quality and service. Our midweek break package included dinner from the set menu, but this certainly didn't mean there was any lack of choice. We were really impressed with the attention to detail shown in each dish, each were cooked to perfection, and the restaurant staff were outstanding in their efficiency of service, unerringly polite and discreet, yet attentive. The breakfasts were also incredible, so beautifully presented and very filling!!
All credit to the management and staff at the Rocpool. We would not hesitate to recommend to anybody, and hope we will be able to stay again some time soon.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Rocpool Reserve Hotel.
Our current Mid-Week Break Package is certainly good value for money and I am so happy to read of your expectations being exceeded and the enjoyment experienced during your stay with us. Our Front of House and Kitchen team strive to provide perfection for each and every customer that joins us at the hotel and I hope that your stay left you feeling relaxed and rejuvenated as I’m sure was well deserved. Our decor and furnishings definitely add to the charm of Rocpool and provide that extra element of luxury to compliment the ‘home from home’ atmosphere which we aim to maintain.
I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to our wonderful team and I sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back down Rocpool Reserve’s red carpet in the near future.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Very modern hotel, located a short walk from Inverness centre (down hill to get there, get a taxi back!).

Rooms are very spacious and modern. We had breakfast delivered to our room every day which is a nice touch (really good standard of food). Staff can't do enough for you.

My only gripe was that there was a strange noise outside of our room at odd hours of the day and night, sounded like an extractor fan or something. We were situated near to the toilets, so it could have been that, but once we got used to the noise, it didn't bother us too much.

We ate in the restaurant on New Years Eve and the standard of cooking was amazing (as you'd expect with the Roux name).

Definitely worth staying at if you are visiting Inverness

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Rocpool-Inverness, General Manager at Rocpool Reserve hotel & Chez Roux, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at Rocpool Reserve.
I am very happy to hear of your pleasure at the hotel, our location and our beautiful Chez Roux dining experience.

It is with regret that I read of your disappointment at a noise being made outside of your room. Unfortunately we were not made aware of this fact and had it been mentioned, I would have been more than happy to do my utmost to have this looked into or have your room changed, as this is certainly something which has never been mentioned before. I do apologise for this and will have this looked into immediately.

I hope that this one negative point did not hinder your stay too greatly and I hope that we can look forward to your return visit to Rocpool in the future.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We have just returned from a one night stay at the Rocpool Reserve and we cannot rate this hotel highly enough! We stayed in one of the extra decadent rooms which had a hot tub and it was amazing to use on a freezing winter day and night. The service at the hotel was impeccable and the staff were so polite and friendly - we felt truly spoiled. As for the restaurant Chez Roux, the food and wine was delicious. Our stay was very enjoyable and we are looking for an excuse to return!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I thank you kindly for your lovely review on your recent stay at Rocpool Reserve Hotel.

Our Extra Decadent rooms are certainly a little different and provide that extra touch of luxury to any stay, especially when you can relax in a lovely warm hot tub on a cold winter evening!

I am proud to hear of your enjoyment at the service received, our team of staff strive to provide the epitome of 5 Star Service and make every guest feel like they are at home, leaving Rocpool feeling relaxed, rejuvenated and hopefully anticipating their next stay, which I am glad to hear we have achieved.

I wish you all the best and look forward to hopefully having the pleasure of welcoming you back down the ‘Red Carpet’ in the near future.