“Hip boutique hotel”

Rocpool Reserve hotel & Chez Roux
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We spent one night here in a comfortable "HIP" room, which was tastefully and comfortably furnished. The staff was friendly and the location convenient, though not in walking distance to anywhere of interest. While on a main street, traffic quieted considerably by nightfall.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Rocpool-Inverness, General Manager at Rocpool Reserve hotel & Chez Roux, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for deciding to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community.

Your review is very much appreciated and I am so happy to read that you enjoyed the high standard of finish in your room and which we have throughout the Hotel.

I hope to be able to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

There are newer reviews for Rocpool Reserve hotel & Chez Roux

Reviewed 29 July 2014

A beautiful luxury boutique hotel close to the centre of Inverness. Very comfortable room with large bathroom and private hot tub. Very happy with the bedroom and hot tub but the balcony is needing some maintenance - paintwork etc. and some more luxurious chairs on the balcony would have been nice. Only had breakfast in the restaurant and it was very good - not help yourself, but anything you want is available. Vert attentive staff and always happy to help.

Room Tip: We chose the upgraded room No. 5 which has a balcony and private hot tub. After a very long day driv...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at Rocpool Reserve and Chez Roux.

Your comments are most appreciated and I will take the time to pass them on to the entire team.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to Rocpool Reserve in the near future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Where to start on this fantastic hotel??? We spent one night here before heading on to Glasgow and Edinburgh and compared every other place we stayed in Scotland to this one. The staff went above and beyond to do everything they could for us from trying to track down our lost bags at the airport to loaning us electronic convertors to bringing us free breakfast of our choice to the room even though we slept in and missed the breakfast window.

We stayed in room #5, which has a fantastic hot tub on a private deck and it was just fabulous. Exactly what we needed after a long and stressful day of traveling.

It is within walking distance to all of the fun pubs and shops in Inverness town center and we had no problem making two trips from here to Loch Ness (once on a tour and once with a private hired car).

If you're lucky enough to snag a room here you will be thrilled - and spoiled! It's exactly what we wish every single hotel in the world could be like! :)

1  Thank stlouischick
Rocpool-Inverness, General Manager at Rocpool Reserve hotel & Chez Roux, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a wonderful review of your time with us at Rocpool Reserve.

Yes, an unfortunate start to your time with us with the Airline "mis-placing" your luggage. I wish I'd of managed to get you it that evening but they weren't for helping.

Nonetheless, I am so happy that you have enjoyed your time with us to the extent that you mention and it would be wonderful to be able to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

A true luxury boutique with little competition in town. Whilst the hotel is excellent, the gem is Albert Roux's cuisine complemented by friendly and efficient service. A little out if the way but still within walking distance of the town centre and it's attractions, with easy road access

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank ozpd70

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate and review your visit to Rocpool Reserve and Chez Roux.

It goes without saying that we wish every guest who visits for Dinner, Lunch, Accommodation or even just for a look, to leave happy and feeling like they have experienced something special with then the hope that there will be a return in the near future for much more of the same.

Thank you so much for your generous comments and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We loved this hotel. The room was large and comfortable, with a huge bathroom (with an awesome shower), and a private hot tub and sauna. The staff is excellent, making sure you do not want for anything, special shout out to David who was just incredible! The food is so delicious and freshly prepared!! The dining room staff was so friendly and attentive!!
Our stay there was perfect!! This is a place we would definitely return to!!

Room Tip: The bottom floor room with the hot tub and sauna!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Rocpool-Inverness, General Manager at Rocpool Reserve hotel & Chez Roux, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a wonderful review with Tripadvisor.

The team as a whole are very dedicated, passionate and hardworking with the hope that such efforts are going to make the Rocpool experience that much more special and memorable. From your kind words, it seems that we have achieved this for you.

There are many aspects of Rocpool Reserve that we wish to show excellence and one aspect is very much the service. We like to feel that we offer a formal service but one that isn't obtrusive but still attentive and friendly. The comments received regarding the service you were offered are very much appreciated.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to Rocpool Reserve in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband and I and two other couples stayed here for one night after walking the Great Glen Way.
After reading some mixed reviews I was a little nervous that I would be wasting money on accommodation and for the meal at Chez Roux restaurant.
I need not have worried as I found that this is a very good boutique luxury hotel with the level of service one would expect and that the rooms provide the luxury amenity commensurate with the amount paid.
I was pleasantly surprised by the standard of meal at Chez Roux. We had an excellent dinner and lovely breakfast.
Having dined in many countries over a number of years at some pretty nice places it is my view that Chez Roux (along with some other places we dined at during our recent Scottish holiday including the Lovat, Fort Augustus, Monochyle Mhor, Balquhidder and Loch Ness Lodge, Brachia) can match it with any of the best dining options that I have experienced.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words with regards to your visit to Rocpool Reserve.

After the exertion of walking The Great Glen Way, I feel it very important that you received a long awaited special experience and I am so happy that you chose Rocpool Reserve to offer this and that we delivered.

It is very important to us that we know a guest feels as though they are receiving the service, experience and overall value for the money being spent and I am happy to read that you did.

Your comments regarding the food are very much appreciated and I am looking forward to passing these kind words on to our Chef and Mr. Roux.

I hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Thank you once again and kind regards,

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Overrall we had a lovely weekend, it was quiet, the service excellent ( greeted at door, great advice on places to eat and drink , perfect location for the city and our meal at Chez Roux was lovely.. ( in fact that was the great surprise for us that the food we had experienced in Inverness was so good and so reasonably priced) the room was clean and big, toiletries Thierry Mugler. Our friends had a nice bonus in that they had a free upgrade ( we checked in late ) and got a room with a hot tub on their balcony so it was very chilled to be out in the late evening having a 'hot' dip with champers.... but was it worth it ? I would have to say no having stayed in some lovely hotels on my travels... it is a lovely hotel but starting to get a little tired and its in the little details.

Room Tip: Our room was lower ground and quiet but looked onto the car park so kept the blinds down (9)

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for deciding to review your visit and stay at Rocpool Reserve.

It is with great appreciation and thanks that I read your wonderful comments regarding your welcome, food and service received whilst here at Rocpool. I'll be sure to pass these comments on to the staff who will I'm sure be equally delighted.

Where possible, we try to make a stay even more special and to do so, we feel a complimentary upgrade may aid in the overall positive experience. I am happy that the group as a whole were able to enjoy the benefits of this upgrade.

Even though you had a lovely weekend, found it peaceful, experienced excellent service and had a lovely meal in our Chez Roux restaurant, I am disappointed that you felt it wasn't worth the value. With this being said, I hope this doesn't put you off making a return visit in the future.