“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
South Coast England
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2009

We stayed in Room 5 with the hot tub on the balcony, there isn't much more to say than what everyone else has reported. It is wonderful, the bathroom is gorgeous, the staff friendly and helpful, I really got to relax after our highlands adventure.

I just have to say the shower and the bath were the best ever, the most powerful shower and the biggest yet most comfortable bath - brilliant!

I have coeliac disease and so i'm allergic to Gluten, on booking the hotel I was asked if we had any dietery requirements, on arrival in the restaurant when I asked the waiter what I could eat, he said I could pick anything and the chef would sort it for me. They had ordered in gluten free bread (the tasty stuff) and my dinner was delicious.

I would 100% recommend this hotel and this room in particular.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rocpool-Inverness, General Manager, Kerry Watson at Rocpool Reserve hotel & Chez Roux, responded to this review, 4 April 2009
Thank you for posting your photos of the hotel. It is great to see photos that guests have taken. We do everything we can to ensure that guests are accommodated for, especially when like yourself they have special dietary requirements. Chef wants every guest to leave the restaurant having enjoyed a great meal and he was happy to hear that you enjoyed your meal. Hopefully we will see you again soon. Kind regards, Kerry Watson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2009

My partner and I stayed here before the hustle bustle of the festive period and it was just perfect to relax in. We were met immediately in the car park by 2 members of staff to help us with our suitcases. There is no reception desk or long line to check in - you are simply shown to your room and left to enjoy all that the Rocpool has to offer. You really feel the luxury and the intimacy of the hotel can't help but rub off on you a little. The staff were warm and welcoming, not intrusive. The food and drink was to die for and the service could not be faulted either. The luxury of the rooms is obvious but without being pretentious. I absolutely love it there and will most definitely make a return trip. It's been about 3 or 4 months now since I discovered this little gem and I'm still dreaming about it and missing the place terribly! Be warned, this standard of living becomes quite addictive in a place that does it so well..

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rocpool-Inverness, General Manager, Kerry Watson at Rocpool Reserve hotel & Chez Roux, responded to this review, 23 April 2009
Thank you for your kind words on Trip Advisor. It is not often that people take the time to write a review and I have passed all your comments onto our staff. All the team work hard to make guests feel welcome and at home. We look forward to welcoming you back to Rocpool Reserve.
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2009

My husband and I had a wonderful two nights in this beautiful, boutique hotel in Inverness.

The staff were very helpful, the decor was wonderfully stylish throughout and the food was wonderful. There was a lot of quirkiness - a tv in the lounge area showing fish in the day and a roaring fire at night and sweeties dotted around the reception were examples.

We ate in the hotel both nights and the food was superb - where else would you be offered lemon, lime or orange slices in your sparkling water??

We opted for a standard priced room but it still had incredible views, a huge room and a beautiful bathroom with Molton Brown toiletries.

We will definately stay again.

• Liked — Very stylish decor
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I have passed all your wonderful comments onto all the staff here at Rocpool Reserve. I am delighted that you noticed and appreciated all the small details within the hotel, for example the sweets and TV. We believe that it is the small extras and attention to detail that helps any hotel stand out from the rest. I have also passed your comments about the food onto Davey, our Exectutive Chef. We have recently changed the restaurant to Chez Roux, with the World famous chef Albert Roux overseeing all aspects of food within the hotel along side Davey. I look forward to welcoming you both to Rocpool Reserve and Chez Roux Restaurant again. Kind regards, Kerry Watson
Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2009

We were disappointed with the size of our room and the view, we underlooked the car park. We were expecting something more fabulous than we received, we had booked a 'chic' room. The hotel is very modern and immaculate and ideal location. The breakfast was fantastic. The staff are incredibly attentive which we actually found a little intrusive just because we enjoy our independence. However, I am sure many visitors would enjoy such service. Best summed up as being overpriced for what we received.

• Liked — Central location
  • Disliked — Room was small
  • Stayed February 2009
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for taking the time to review Rocpool Reserve on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all comments and use them to our advantage for training purposes. All the staff at Rocpool Reserve strive to provide the best service possible which is critical to any 5 star hotel.
Glasgow
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2009

We stayed at the Rocpool Reserve for one night at hogmanay, and were pleased with the room but disappointed by the stiff and rather unwelcoming service.

An accumulation of small problems took the shine off for us. The smallest was that the hotel spelled my name wrongly on our booking confirmation even though it was right there in my email address - a tiny detail, but you'd expect a five star hotel to get it right. Then there was confusion over their first night deposit policy - I didn't realise that the hotel was going to take the entire cost of our one-night stay when I made the reservation. I'm not sure whether the receptionist didn't mention this, or I misheard her, but the upshot was that until we worked it out, I thought there had been fraudulent activity on my bank account. I phoned the Rocpool and the problem was resolved rather grudgingly by a manager. As I say, this may have been a misunderstanding on my part, but the hotel didn't do anything to smooth the problem over and make up for our hassle and panic - in fact, it felt as though they were doing us a favour by letting us stay there.

When I arrived on foot, with a big case and a large present to carry, there was no-one to help me and I had to struggle up the steps. We weren't allowed to have breakfast in our room the following morning because it was New Year and there wasn't enough staff. The service we received at breakfast and on checking out was strangely formal and stiff, which is weird in such a small hotel.

The room itself was lovely, with a fantastic bathroom and great furnishings, but we just didn't enjoy our stay as much as we were hoping to. We lost faith in the hotel during our first couple of interactions, and they didn't do anything to win it back. Minor problems always occur, we understand that - it's how a company deals with them that decides how you feel about it. In this case, we don't feel we got a five star experience, and we won't be returning anytime soon.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Lorien31
Rocpool-Inverness, General Manager, Kerry Watson at Rocpool Reserve hotel & Chez Roux, responded to this review, 18 March 2009
The team at Rocpool do their utmost to provide an excellent service to all their guests. A way to measure this is by monitoring websites like TripAdvisor for guest reviews. Therefore, we were disappointed to read your review. However, we appreciate you taking the time to write this review as all comments are beneficial to us in order to improve and learn as a team. Feedback, whether good or bad helps us move forward and improve our services. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you to Rocpool again. Kind regards Kerry Watson, General Manager.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2009

We have just got back from a 2 night stay at the Rocpool and we didnt want to leave!
We stayed in room 5 with the hot tub on the balcony and now we are home miss it terribly!!
We were met at our car and asked did we want our bags carried in and then taken straight to the room, we didnt even have to check in. The room was gorgeous and spotless. We dined in the restaurant on our second night and the food was absolutely lovely.
Every member of staff went out of their way to make sure that we were well looked after especially the young australian man that served us at dinner.

We cant wait to go back again!

• Liked — Absolutely Everything
  • Disliked — Having to leave
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lilypods
Rocpool-Inverness, Kerry Watson General Manager at Rocpool Reserve hotel & Chez Roux, responded to this review, 9 March 2009
Once again the staff at Rocpool would like to congratulate you both on your marriage. Thank you for your kind comments. Anthony (the Australian waiter) was delighted as it was his first couple of days here. We wish you all the best. Kind regards Kerry Watson, General Manager.
St Albans, Herts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2009

My husband and I stayed here for a night away from the kids. I phoned the hotel direct to book as I wanted a specific room, and had excellent service. Confirmation was then e-mailed within an hour. When we arrived we were met at the door and taken straight to the room with no check-in admin. The staff were friendly, professional but relaxed. We were then left in peace in the lovely room with the hot tub on the balcony.
We asked for a snack later which was not on the room service menu but was delivered within a short while. All other enqs were dealt with immediately and satisfactory.
On return from dinner we asked and were given a late check out which allowed us to enjoy fully the wide choice of breakfast.
I was looking for somewhere special to enjoy a night away and certainly got it here.

• Liked — Relaxed atmosphere in high quality setting
  • Disliked — price - but you get what you pay for
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pegasus36
I am pleased that you enjoyed your trip away from the children and to Rocpool. It is great to hear that we made your trip more enjoyable. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I have passed your comments onto all the staff. Kind regards Kerry Watson, General Manager