“Impeccable” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rocpool Reserve hotel & Chez Roux

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Rocpool Reserve hotel & Chez Roux
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Seattle WA
“Impeccable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2009

Rocpool Reserve and its staff absolutely shine. My partner and I stayed only one night (15 May) but would have loved to have stayed longer. Staff actually came out to the drive to greet us as we pulled up in a taxi! We were then whisked through a 30-second check-in to our room. Our very large room was located on the ground floor to the rear of the hotel which provided for a very quiet, restful evening. The room and common areas are very well appointed -- think contemporary, classy, subdued elegance. Rocpool clearly outdoes all the oh-so-trendy "hip" boutique hotel chains that are opening just about everywhere. Everything was spotlessly clean and fresh -- the bathroom practically sparkled. Supper in Chez Roux was excellent as was breakfast the next morning. The staff are welcoming, helpful, and very professional. Well done Rocpool Reserve -- we will be back!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bos2sea
Rocpool-Inverness, General Manager, Kerry Watson at Rocpool Reserve hotel & Chez Roux, responded to this review, 27 June 2009
It is great to hear another person compliment our check in. We work very hard at ensuring that our guests are greeted in the correct manner and settled into their rooms as soon as possible, I know I certainly appreciate not hanging about at a reception desk to check in. I have passed your comments with regards to the food onto Chef Albert Roux and he was delighted that you enjoyed your dinner and the breakfast. Thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts and I hope you had a safe journey home. Kind regards, Kerry Watson, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2009

I stayed at the Rocpool Reserve as a treat to reward myself after having walked the Great Glen Way and it was fantastic. From the first I was impressed as the door was opened for me and the check-in was absolutly seamless. They had all the details and everything was ready for me. All that was required was for them to check that I was me and then I was whisked off to the room and settled in without any troubles whatsoever. One of the best hotel experiences of my life - the staff were absolutly efficient and professional, the bar was comfortable and the food at the Chez Roux was nothing short of excellent.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Firstly, I must apologise for taking so long to reply to your kind words. It has been rather busy the last few months since the opening of Chez Roux. As with all reviews we appreciate you taking the time to pass on your experience at Rocpool Reserve and Chez Roux, although how you found the engery to do this after completing your walk through the Great Glen in a couple of days I do not know. I have passed on all your kind words and hope to see you again. Kind regards, Kerry Watson, General Manager
Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2009

The restaurant and bar area are really stylish and I was looking forward to the meal as soon as we walked in. The food was good although we were unable to try dessert. This was due to the fact that the table had to be back by 8.30pm. I had booked a reservation for 7.30pm and wondered why my main course arrived 30 seconds after my starter had been taken away. It became apparent when I asked for more time to review the dessert menu and was told that they needed the table back by 8.30pm. To be honest, I had only just digested the starter and main! The turn around on the tables is understandable, what is not, is not being told when i made the reservation. We ended up feeling hurried and therefore did not enjoy the experience as much as we had hoped given the reputation. Disappointing really.

Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Rocpool-Inverness, General Manager, Kerry Watson at Rocpool Reserve hotel & Chez Roux, responded to this review, 24 April 2009
Further to your recent visit to Chez Roux I was disappointed to hear that you felt rushed throughout your meal. Firstly, thank you for taking the time to let us know via Trip Advisor. It is important that when we get things wrong that we are informed in order to correct our mistakes. When doing relays we always allow for a 2 hour gap, which we find is more than enough time for guests to relax and enjoy their meal. Unfortunately a mistake was made with your table where you were informed that we needed to relay your table; in fact the next booking was not until 9.30pm. This is entirely an error on our behalf and I apologise. After our discussion on the phone today I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the food and surrounds despite this mistake. We look forward to your next visit to Rocpool and welcome the chance to correct our mistake.
Aberdeen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2009

Having never been to Inverness before, was keen to take in the beautiful scenery and stay at in the much mentioned Rocpool. What a delight! Stayed in Rm 5 with hot-tub on the balcony overlooking the river and hills beyond. The sun was shining so very enjoyable indeed. Ate in the new Albert Roux restaurant (with our lively 4 yr old). Was rather nervous that it might not be suitable for him but nothing was too much trouble and the food and service was impeccable. Breakfast next morning was just as wonderful. My Arnold Bennett omelette was a fantastic start to the day! All members of staff were so polite and friendly and really made our anniversary treat quite special. Have already reccommended this hotel to anyone who will listen. A big thank you to every one at The Rocpool.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rocpool-Inverness, General Manager, Kerry Watson at Rocpool Reserve hotel & Chez Roux, responded to this review, 23 April 2009
It is great to see that you and your family enjoyed your night at Rocpool Reserve. We love having children in the hotel, keeps the place lively and that is what the jelly beans are for! Albert Roux is a great fan of children and feels it is important that they are able to eat great food from a young age. I have passed on your comment to him with regards to the food for yourself and your family. Kind regards, Kerry Watson, General Manager
South Coast England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2009

We stayed in Room 5 with the hot tub on the balcony, there isn't much more to say than what everyone else has reported. It is wonderful, the bathroom is gorgeous, the staff friendly and helpful, I really got to relax after our highlands adventure.

I just have to say the shower and the bath were the best ever, the most powerful shower and the biggest yet most comfortable bath - brilliant!

I have coeliac disease and so i'm allergic to Gluten, on booking the hotel I was asked if we had any dietery requirements, on arrival in the restaurant when I asked the waiter what I could eat, he said I could pick anything and the chef would sort it for me. They had ordered in gluten free bread (the tasty stuff) and my dinner was delicious.

I would 100% recommend this hotel and this room in particular.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rocpool-Inverness, General Manager, Kerry Watson at Rocpool Reserve hotel & Chez Roux, responded to this review, 4 April 2009
Thank you for posting your photos of the hotel. It is great to see photos that guests have taken. We do everything we can to ensure that guests are accommodated for, especially when like yourself they have special dietary requirements. Chef wants every guest to leave the restaurant having enjoyed a great meal and he was happy to hear that you enjoyed your meal. Hopefully we will see you again soon. Kind regards, Kerry Watson
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2009

My partner and I stayed here before the hustle bustle of the festive period and it was just perfect to relax in. We were met immediately in the car park by 2 members of staff to help us with our suitcases. There is no reception desk or long line to check in - you are simply shown to your room and left to enjoy all that the Rocpool has to offer. You really feel the luxury and the intimacy of the hotel can't help but rub off on you a little. The staff were warm and welcoming, not intrusive. The food and drink was to die for and the service could not be faulted either. The luxury of the rooms is obvious but without being pretentious. I absolutely love it there and will most definitely make a return trip. It's been about 3 or 4 months now since I discovered this little gem and I'm still dreaming about it and missing the place terribly! Be warned, this standard of living becomes quite addictive in a place that does it so well..

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind words on Trip Advisor. It is not often that people take the time to write a review and I have passed all your comments onto our staff. All the team work hard to make guests feel welcome and at home. We look forward to welcoming you back to Rocpool Reserve.
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2009

My husband and I had a wonderful two nights in this beautiful, boutique hotel in Inverness.

The staff were very helpful, the decor was wonderfully stylish throughout and the food was wonderful. There was a lot of quirkiness - a tv in the lounge area showing fish in the day and a roaring fire at night and sweeties dotted around the reception were examples.

We ate in the hotel both nights and the food was superb - where else would you be offered lemon, lime or orange slices in your sparkling water??

We opted for a standard priced room but it still had incredible views, a huge room and a beautiful bathroom with Molton Brown toiletries.

We will definately stay again.

• Liked — Very stylish decor
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I have passed all your wonderful comments onto all the staff here at Rocpool Reserve. I am delighted that you noticed and appreciated all the small details within the hotel, for example the sweets and TV. We believe that it is the small extras and attention to detail that helps any hotel stand out from the rest. I have also passed your comments about the food onto Davey, our Exectutive Chef. We have recently changed the restaurant to Chez Roux, with the World famous chef Albert Roux overseeing all aspects of food within the hotel along side Davey. I look forward to welcoming you both to Rocpool Reserve and Chez Roux Restaurant again. Kind regards, Kerry Watson