“A nice experience”
Review of Maple Court Hotel

Maple Court Hotel
Ranked #31 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed 26 August 2012

A nice hotel, quiet but very close to the city, in a pleasant garden. Clean and confortable rooms, nice food, a friendly and helpful staff ( one day my mate decided not to come for breakfast and the young waitress helped me very politely to organize and bring fruit, juice and muffins in the room). Overall a pleasant experience

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
MapleCourtHotel, Owner at Maple Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

Thank you for posting a review on trip advisor.

We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the staff helpful
and friendly.

Reviewed 26 August 2012

Just spent 8 wonderful days at Maple Court together with my parents. We got a very warm welcome from the management, and the staff. Always willing to help. Very good breakfast and a clean comfortable room. Will definitely go back.
Mark Paul Brockdorff, Malta.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Hi Mark

Thank you for posting a review on trip advisor.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.It was a pleasure to chat with you and here what life is like in Malta.
Hope to meet you again if you return to Scotland .

Best wishes

Reviewed 22 August 2012

We selected this hotel from the internet. It is set in its own beautiful grounds on the side of the river Ness in the city centre. Very friendly reception on arrival. Room was a little dark but this was known before we arrived - it is a Victorian building. Breakfast/Dining room large and airy - outside seating available dependent on weather. Staff very attentive. Breakfast more than adequate with all the usual ingredients. Evening meals again - plenty of choice. Stay cut short due to illness but staff and management very helpful and considerate

Room Tip: View the web site.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting a review on trip advisor.
Thank you also for your kind comments on the hotel and staff .
We are pleased you enjoyed your short stay and hope that you are feeling better since returning home.

Best wishes

Reviewed 10 August 2012

I stay in Inverness, have never been to this hotel, had a visit today with my family, tried to take my baby grandson to change his nappy, asked at reception if I could use a sofa in the lobby, (had a changing mat, nappy, nappy sack, wipes etc.) was told there was changing facilities in the ladies toilet, but couldn't use them being male, pity any guy on his own, out with his kids! Father's for Justice would have a field day!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
MapleCourtHotel, Owner at Maple Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2012

Thank you for posting a review on trip advisor.
It is very important to us that all of our facilites are of a high standard and are suitable for purpose.
Having recently taken over Maple Court we were as surprised as yourself that the baby changing facilites were in the female toilet area only.
We are currently discussing with a number of companies regarding the upgrading of all of our toilet facilites and the moving of the baby changing to faciliate both male and female use.
This matter will be attended to very shortly.
Our apologises that you were inconvienced by this and I hope that this will not deter you from using the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 4 August 2012

Sadly I did not have a good stay. Was here for 2 nights on business. Room 8 smelled of damp and it was very retro but not in a good way. The view from the window was some broken bits of tree and two old chairs with a plank of wood across them where the staff came to sit and smoke, which also made the room smell! The entrance hall is nice but don't let that fool you. Good luck to the new owners as they are clearly going to need it when refurbishing.

Room Tip: if you get allocated room 8 ask for a change
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
MapleCourtHotel, Owner at Maple Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Thank you for posting a review on trip advisor following your recent visit to the hotel.
The wood that was viewed from your window is wood & logs which we burn throughout the winter in our log fire.
We have since your review resited this wood and moved the staff smoking area to a new location to ensure no guests are disrupted by this in the future.
Please accept our apologises that this had not been attended to sooner.
The damp smell you related to was located to water from the shower area of the bathroom and was easily rectified and should cause no concern for any future guests.
Room 8 has been sold to guests throughout the entire summer and the feedback has in the main been very good regarding the accommodation.We of course are looking to improve all areas of the hotel further, and will continue to work to ensure that all guests who stay with us in the future have a positive experience when staying with us.
The feedback you have given was helpful and we do hope that if you are in the Inverness area again you would consider staying with us at that time.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

This hotel has recently changed hands and I sense that it is heading in a great direction. It is a beautiful building on approximately one acre of lovely gardens situated right on the delightful River Ness. The rooms are spacious with garden or river views. The lovely islands of the River Ness, as well as many nice restaurants, are a short walk away. Parking on site is readily available and free. Given the hotel is currently undergoing improvement in every direction, I would have rated it in the Very Good category but the owner's attentiveness in providing my mother, my daughter and myself with an excellent breakfast at a truly horrible hour early on a Sunday morning when we were leaving has driven me to the Excellent category. I was most impressed.

This hotel is one to watch. I have every faith that the next time I'm in Inverness, I had better book this one early so as not to be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
MapleCourtHotel, General Manager at Maple Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012

Thank you for posting a review on trip advisor.

We are delighted that you enjoyed you break with us.Thank you also for all the very kind comments regarding the hotel.We have recently taken over the hotel as we discussed when you stayed ,and we are looking to continue to improve throughout the months ahead.
The location by the river is quite superb and we are very pleased you felt that the hotel was a pleasant place to stay during your busy trip.

We do hope that if you are in the Inverness area in the future you can visit again ,we would be delighted to welcome you.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 19 July 2012

I had an excellent stay. The food was very good indeed, especially the breakfast, and the young staff were attentive and professional. My room was spacious and well laid out, and I really couldn't fault it. There was no hotel information provided in the room though, which I found a little strange. There are only a couple of reasons why I have only given 4 out of 5. The first one was the duty manager shaving behind the reception desk while talking to the receptionist in the morning (just too odd) and the second was they didn't take AMEX, which it stated on booking.com that they did. (The same duty manager may have been the one who insisted they change the dinner music from Paolo Nutini to something "less racy", despite me being the only person there.)

Despite these minor issues, I'd highly reccomend this hotel, and the problems I've highlighted would not take much to fix. Well done Maple Court.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back look onto a nice little garden... Very tranquil.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
MapleCourtHotel, Owner at Maple Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

Thank you for placing a review on trip advisor.
We were very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and took time out to put your positive review on this site.
There should have been guest information in your room, and we will quickly address this for future guests.
We have recently taken over the hotel and are in the process of adding Amex to the credit cards we offer as a method of payment.Please also accept our apologises that the staff were unable to use the changing facilities provided for them at the time of your stay.This has also been addressed.
Thank you also for your kind words regarding the food and the staff at the hotel and we will certainly make them aware of your comments. We would also be delighted to welcome you again if you are visiting Inverness at any time in the future.