“surprisingly super!”

Loch Ness House Beefeater
Ranked #100 of 271 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Championing the unique flavours which come with chargrill cooking methods, Beefeater Grill Loch Ness House offers a modern take on traditional steakhouse dining. Alongside an accomplished bar stock, prime meat cuts, fresh fish and wholesome vegetarian dishes make up the simple yet diverse Beefeater menu. Beefeater Grill restaurants pride themselves on sourcing the finest meat cuts and premium seasonal produce. Also renowned for its family-friendly welcome, Beefeater Grill presents a 'Little Eaters' menu, offering a fun range of dishes for children. Evoking a lively ambience and offering a menu filled with favourites, Beefeater restaurants are a consistent crowd pleaser.
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Ate here for handiness whilst staying at Premier Inn. Staff very friendly, food very enjoyable. Kids menus good, plenty choice. Nice decor. Breakfast really good also, well cooked. Lots of things on offer, if only we'd had more room we'd have eaten more! Like the Premier Inn next door i can't find any negatives - well maybe just that after seeing neighbouring tables steak at dinner we wished we had ordered that too!! And make sure you book ahead!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

On arrival here without a booking judging from the constant amount of people coming in to eat here this place has clearly got return bookings so we reckoned it must be good. I've seen other reviews & I'm pleased to say to the contrary we had a very good experience at this place. We were in Inverness for 6 days & my sister is a "fussy " eater so I saw this place & suggested we give it a try. Result ! First on a busy Friday evening & they fitted us in & the service was very efficient. Customer service was excellent & food was timely & value for money & my sister voted it a good place to eat. Another result !
We received some starter vouchers so based on how good the place was we went back 3 days later on a quieter Monday evening & the service & food matched our previous experience.
There is a limited time only promotion ( featuring Vernon Kay who was born in 1974 the year Beefeater was founded ) So at the moment for their 40 yrs B'day - a '74 signature 8oz Tri Tip steak for £10.99 - excellent. The starters main courses & desserts we chose all ticked our boxes for food quality & value for money. I doubt we will be in Inverness for a while again , but if we were we would be going back to this Beefeater. It is conveniently located not far from town. & at the beginning of Loch Ness & the cruising points. It is also adjacent to a Premier Inn which is on the riverside & from what I saw that gets good reviews.

1  Thank Wheelers0161
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Out for lunch. Ordered at bar & was asked for Loyalty card which I replied what's the point if you have to print off a voucher as I am unable to. In this day and age u should be able to scan the card and automatically discount the bill at the till when u have so many loyalty points As I can not use them . "Management would you like to reply as it borders on discrimination" . The food itself was lovely. The fact I'm unable to use my loyalty points is a shame :(

Reviewed 28 May 2014

You know the saying - 'you cant make a silk purse out of sows ear?' This was the case when we had dinner here whilst staying at the excellent Premier Inn attached. The staff were perfectly fine so no problems there. However the quality of the food was pretty poor. I have eaten in Beefeaters before but this was worse than expected. The Nachos starter with so-called chilli dip had a bland, flavourless brown gooey chilli and extremely salty chips, most of which were the crumbs you find at the bottom of the packet - how on earth we were supposed to dip them into anything was beyond me. My caeser salad was absolutely drowned in ranch dressing and was wet and soggy with yet more of those salty nachos on top - croutons would have been more appropriate. But the worst thing was the chicken pieces in the salad. It had the texture of chicken that had been injected with tenderisers or water retaining chemicals. Really cheap, no texture and poor quality. I cannot blame the chef if the raw materials are substandard but other places seem to manage to provide the real deal at a similar price. I'd rather pay a bit more for taste and quality and leave satisfied. Other restaurants seem to manage it. In fact other Premier Inns we stayed at seemed to be linked to better restaurants.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Very slow service. Ordered medium rare steak, got a very well done steak. Sent it back only to be told it would be at least another ten minutes before i would get another. After fifteen minutes, i had cancelled the order. No way was i going to sit and eat when everyone in my company had finished eating ....all sixteen of them! This was my second time at this restaurant and the second time i did not get what i ordered. Apologies are fine when they are sincere but as i have been on the receiving end more than once, it is clear to me that the apologies are token gestures and nothing changes.
A friday night out in this restaurant and i had to order a carry out from elsewhere....poor, poor, poor! I dont want a refund....i want food!!! It is unlikely that i would give it a third chance.

Disgraceful.