“Our Children's Happy Birthday”

Loch Ness House Beefeater
Ranked #105 of 270 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Championing the unique flavours which come with chargrill cooking methods, Beefeater Grill Loch Ness House offers a modern take on traditional steakhouse dining. Alongside an accomplished bar stock, prime meat cuts, fresh fish and wholesome vegetarian dishes make up the simple yet diverse Beefeater menu. Beefeater Grill restaurants pride themselves on sourcing the finest meat cuts and premium seasonal produce. Also renowned for its family-friendly welcome, Beefeater Grill presents a 'Little Eaters' menu, offering a fun range of dishes for children. Evoking a lively ambience and offering a menu filled with favourites, Beefeater restaurants are a consistent crowd pleaser.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We booked a table for 7pm - when we arrived we were politely shown to our table with 2 balloons on it, or should I say one the other one was lying on the table deflated. Waiter took our drinks order and that's when the problems started, 45 minutes before they came. No offer to take order. Eventually order was taken - my wife had prawn cocktail which looked as if it had been lying around all day - salad soggy. 1 and a half hours before main course arrived - again looked as if meals had been reheated and reheated again and again. I had ordered a ribeye steak medium rare with skinny chips and steak sauce - when it arrived overlooked (well done) waitress took it back and immediately returned with it telling me that the chef said there was nothing wrong with it (not even a sign of pink in it) she grudgingly took it away and a new (this time rump) returned almost 40 minutes later (with fat burnt chips) I asked for another sauce as first was cold but it never arrived. Waitress asked if it was ok and when I said it was rump not ribeye she said 'if I get the chef he will tell you that it IS ribeye and when I asked about the sauce she said she forgot. There were 4 tables in our are and all had waited at least 3 hours for service £100 badly spent and waitress was heard to say that there was no staff and that the management (she pointed to their accommodation) couldn't care less and that the whole restaurant was a disaster - couldn't agree more - it was awful. Happy Birthday Kids. A Chinese takeaway would have been a much better idea. Left the restaurant at 10.10pm

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Went with my brother & sister in law & my nieces& nephews last night as I have done many times before. The standards really have slipped.

We waited for an age to be served then after the order was taken we waited 30 minutes for starters & a similar amount of time for the main course.

When the main course arrived steaks were given to the wrong people (my daughters med rare went to my brother in law & his went to my daughter) my rare steak was cooked really badly & served with a split bernaise sauce instead of the Diane sauce I requested. All in all a disappointing evening.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Went here after the awful experience at the Inshes Gate Brewers Fayre (review of this also posted) apart from being the other side if town I don't know why we didn't go here on the first place.

Although very busy we were seated and served with respect and in short the experience here saved our evening. Due to the other place, which I will never set foot in again, it was a very late night for 4 year daughter as we didn't get back to were we were staying until just before 10pm.

The staff and management here should teach their sister restaurant what customer service is.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We were staying at the Premier Inn and decided to use the restaurant, we ate here on the first and second night of our 8 day stay and also last night Monday 28th. On our first two visits the table waiting service was very slow however the food was warm and enjoyable and our steaks were cooked as requested. On our last visit the table service was abysmal with a 30 minute wait until our first course arrived and the a further 45 minutes until our second course arrived. Just before our second course arrived one of the chefs was having a hissy fit and started banging plates on to the hot tray which did not make a relaxing dining experience. Unfortunately for us the food was terrible as our two steaks were over cooked. We did not have time to wait to get replacements so we just had to make the best of it. We spoke with a few nearby diners and they also were not impressed with their food or service either. The waiting staff were all working extremely hard and were not to blame in in way whatsoever for the poor service. Our waiter was a lovely Hungarian chap Csaba who was excellent. In my opinion the slow service could be vastly improved if the management would put on more staff but I can't see that happening at Inverness. The reason why I say that is because they have now taken away the waiting service at breakfast and provided a DIY buffet for cooked breakfasts. Has the DIY cooked breakfast buffet been introduced for the guests benefit, well you can decide that for yourself. We have previously eaten here before with no complaints but on our most recent visits especially the latter this has certainly not been the case.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Ah, the beefeater, last bastion of a carnivores delight. Where the vegetation selection consists of a quizzical look and a slap on the head. Many would look at the nature of the chain/franchise and admonish it for high class pup grub but there is one thing that separates the Beefeater from the likes of Wetherspoons.

The service!

Over the last few visits, I've been consistently impressed by the level and quality of service. From simple steps like our waiter getting us drink refills before being asked, to touches like getting the children's menu meal to the table first, the front of house team push themselves to high standards.

It also helps that the food is generally very good, with a large menu with plenty of options. I can also recommend the chocolate malt shake!

Lovely!