“Long Wait, Confused Servers”

Loch Ness House Beefeater
Ranked #99 of 258 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Championing the unique flavours which come with chargrill cooking methods, Beefeater Grill Loch Ness House offers a modern take on traditional steakhouse dining. Alongside an accomplished bar stock, prime meat cuts, fresh fish and wholesome vegetarian dishes make up the simple yet diverse Beefeater menu. Beefeater Grill restaurants pride themselves on sourcing the finest meat cuts and premium seasonal produce. Also renowned for its family-friendly welcome, Beefeater Grill presents a 'Little Eaters' menu, offering a fun range of dishes for children. Evoking a lively ambience and offering a menu filled with favourites, Beefeater restaurants are a consistent crowd pleaser.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Long Wait, Confused Servers”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We had a very large group and were offered to sit in the bar area when we arrived instead of a traditional seat. We agreed as the only difference we were told of was we'd have to go to the bar to order. That wasn't a problem and when we ordered we were told our food would be out in 15 minutes.

Our food came out over 30 minutes later. Our apps were at the same time as our meals, not as starters. In addition, the servers did not know what the food was. They told us one burger was a veggie burger and the person bit into it and it was in fact someone else's salmon burger. They did not offer to re-make the food after this mistake. We ended up with the incorrect entrees for another person as well. My meal was luke warm at best.

Perhaps it was that we were sitting in the bar or that it was a busy night- but I would not recommend.

Kyle of Lochalsh, United Kingdom
“Anniversary dinner”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The food was delicious,our table was decorated for our anniversary dinner,6 of us had food and it was reasonably priced,friendly staff

Visited August 2014
Inverness, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Very nice”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Been a few times now & none off us have ever had a bad meal yet.
Our last visit it was very busy.
There was 4 off us we all had a starter, main meal & desert & it was lovely.
Service was very good considering it was very busy, our waitress think her name was Sally!
Well done Sally excellent service considering as I said very busy, didn't have to wait to long for our meals.
Will be back soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Our Children's Happy Birthday”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We booked a table for 7pm - when we arrived we were politely shown to our table with 2 balloons on it, or should I say one the other one was lying on the table deflated. Waiter took our drinks order and that's when the problems started, 45 minutes before they came. No offer to take order. Eventually order was taken - my wife had prawn cocktail which looked as if it had been lying around all day - salad soggy. 1 and a half hours before main course arrived - again looked as if meals had been reheated and reheated again and again. I had ordered a ribeye steak medium rare with skinny chips and steak sauce - when it arrived overlooked (well done) waitress took it back and immediately returned with it telling me that the chef said there was nothing wrong with it (not even a sign of pink in it) she grudgingly took it away and a new (this time rump) returned almost 40 minutes later (with fat burnt chips) I asked for another sauce as first was cold but it never arrived. Waitress asked if it was ok and when I said it was rump not ribeye she said 'if I get the chef he will tell you that it IS ribeye and when I asked about the sauce she said she forgot. There were 4 tables in our are and all had waited at least 3 hours for service £100 badly spent and waitress was heard to say that there was no staff and that the management (she pointed to their accommodation) couldn't care less and that the whole restaurant was a disaster - couldn't agree more - it was awful. Happy Birthday Kids. A Chinese takeaway would have been a much better idea. Left the restaurant at 10.10pm

Inverness, United Kingdom
“Gone down hill since we were last there”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Went with my brother & sister in law & my nieces& nephews last night as I have done many times before. The standards really have slipped.

We waited for an age to be served then after the order was taken we waited 30 minutes for starters & a similar amount of time for the main course.

When the main course arrived steaks were given to the wrong people (my daughters med rare went to my brother in law & his went to my daughter) my rare steak was cooked really badly & served with a split bernaise sauce instead of the Diane sauce I requested. All in all a disappointing evening.