“Excellent budget accomodation”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Raigmore Motel

Raigmore Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Inverness
Raigmore Motel
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Excellent budget accomodation”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have stayed at the Raigmore several times on family visits to Inverness and have always returned again. Don't expect 5* luxury, as the accommodation is fairly basic. However,it's clean, inexpensive and not too far out of the city.

The food is excellent - especially the breakfast!1 One of them will set you up for the rest of the day.

The staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Wick
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed here recently before an early morning appointment at Raigmore Hospital.
Although the rooms are basic, you get what you pay for, and many hotels in Inverness have become too expensive.
The break fast is wonderful, I defy anyone to finish it all.
really cheerful staff, will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Bus stop to Inverness right outside the door.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Bob F
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2013

The ultimate 'No Frills' accommodation: bed was comfortable enough, room was warm and the shower worked as did the TV a kettle. Breakfast was tasty enough but a wee bit more effort required on all fronts. Don't think we'd rush to stay again.....

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Grampasauras
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We booked this as it was so convenient for the hospital. I called the day before we arrived and was offered a non smoking twin or a smoking double. We were given a warm friendly welcome and directed to our room. Having stayed in smoking rooms before, held my breath as I opened the door but was pleasantly surprised to find a lovely clean, fresh smelling room. From the room to the bar to the breakfast room this is by far the cleanest hotel have ever stayed in. Breakfast was plentiful and tasty. All the staff friendly and helpfull. We will definately be back for a longer stay.

• Stayed September 2013
Borders, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I have used this place to visit the next door hospital.
Friendly staff.
The cleaner is a little jumpy for some reason and one reported me for using two beds when I hired a single room. [they all have two beds] when at the most I just sat on the other bed and used the pillows in my own bed. It was not nice of the manageress/owner to bring this up at breakfast! It was actually offensive.

The breakfast is hit or miss - the quality is never consistent even with the same person cooking.
The meals feel like microwaved from frozen and maybe grilled too.
All the showers are very difficult/impossible to control and dangerously hot.
The rooms are old and dated but when needs must, they will do, but I'd rather go elsewhere if available.

Perhaps with a 100% renovation all over inside and out then it might be good value for money.

Room Tip: If anywhere else is available even costing a little more, then go there.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank IMM12197612
scotland
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Stayed here when my daughter had her son. Welcome was very warm but then we went to the room! My husband 3 year old grandson and myself. Had a z bed that was very old and rickety and the mattress was about an inch thick. Looking for details of the place in a draw we found dirty clothes!!! Went into the bathroom for a shower and the bath was full of hairs and the pole for holding the shower head up was falling off the wall. Good breakfast though! When we complained about problems the woman just said " the girl should of told me, I can't fix things I don't know about!"

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank sueandhugh
banchory
Reviewed 17 February 2013

my son stayed here when he needed a bed for the nite as he could not get back home again that nite and there was only one lady on but she done her best and my son was made to feel ok and in the morning they helped him as he is only 18 and was his first time at a hotel or motel on his own so thank you and i will be staying here my self when ever i am up that way

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo