“Great display.”
Review of Castle Gallery

Castle Gallery
Ranked #27 of 87 things to do in Inverness
More attraction details
Owner description: Castle Gallery, described in the Independent newspaper as 'one of the best reasons to visit Inverness' shows landscape, figurative and abstract work by artists from Scotland and throughout Britain, with pieces by established artists and emerging talent. Exhibitions of contemporary paintings, original prints, sculpture, crafts and designer jewellery. Open Monday - Saturday 9.00 - 5.00.
Western Isles
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great display.”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

A visit to the Castle Gallery is always a treat for us. We never fail to find something to enjoy and admire. The standards of the art and crafts skills are consistently high. You can relax and spend as long as you like looking round. There is no pressure on you to buy.

Visited May 2014
Castlegallery, Owner at Castle Gallery, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Sandra
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review for us. We are glad that you enjoy our displays so much. We look forward to seeing you again.
Denise and the team at Castle Gallery

Inverness, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Things to dream of”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I just love a wonder around the castle gallery. As well as all the gorgeous art on display I find it such a serene place, so usually save it until the end of a hectic shopping trip. So many lovely things to try not to buy, a great place for gifts and the staff are lovely too.

Visited June 2013

Castlegallery, Owner at Castle Gallery, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Thank you for your lovely review. Yes, I suppose we are a quiet, aesthetic haven amidst the bustle of the city and we are more than happy for people to visit just for browse with no pressure to buy.
Fort William
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I won't ever visit Inverness without a visit to the gallery. There's a wealth of items, and always something of interest, whether it be paintings, ceramics, jewellery...
A very friendly place too, and I always feel I can take as much time as I like to peruse the exhibition. Have bought items more than once, for myself as well as presents for others.
The gallery has a very good selection of contemporary artists, very interesting to follow their work over the years.

Visited May 2013

Castlegallery, Owner at Castle Gallery, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Inverness. I'm glad you like our selection of artists. We try to promote artists with a distinct aesthetic quality to their work (not run of the mill) and it is great to follow their careers and see them getting the recognition that they deserve.
Inverness, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Always a delight”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

the gallery never fails. Denise chooses artists carefully and I ALWAYS go out coveting something I have seen. Occasionally I end up buying it anyway and worry about where to put it later! I may not like it all, but I know it is quality stuff and because of the range of stuff (big pictures to small trinkets) there is always something I will like. I have grown to like glass art more as a result of the stunning things I have seen there. Recommended!

Visited May 2013

Castlegallery, Manager at Castle Gallery, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Thank you very much for recommendation. I like your style - buy now and worry about where to put it later! This way you will end up with a diverse, eclectic and very interesting collection of art in your house.
Dubrovnik
“Great Gallery”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I cannot praise this gallery too much. Excellent diverse stock, friendly, helpful, but not "pushy" staff. Great location near Inverness Museum and handy for Cafe 1!

Visited April 2013
Castlegallery, Owner at Castle Gallery, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Thank you very much for your praise of the Castle Gallery. You are right - there are great places to eat on Castle Street including Café 1 and La Tortilla Asessina (we are regular visitors!). I think what makes this street so special is that all the shops and restaurants are locally owned, friendly and independent.