“Maybe my husband is on to something!”
Review of You Fish Scotland

You Fish Scotland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: You Fish Scotland will look after your every requirement. All you have to do is be ready to go and thats it! We will provide you with all the equipment and have you fishing straight away. We have access to some amazing waters that include Scotland's famous Hill lochs, Famous Named Rivers and our very own privately owned waters. We have a Log Cabin designed for the fisher and his or her partner. They can sit and relax under the verandah and watch the passing wildlife while you are out catching the fish of your dreams. We will provide Lunch and beverages throughout and give you a true Scottish day to remember. Fly fishing in Inverness is only minutes away. You can be fly fishing for Atlantic salmon, Wild Brown Trout, Pike, Perch and Sea Trout within minutes.
Reviewed 30 July 2013

My husband has been here before and convinced me to go for my first days fishing. I am very glad I went along. The location is stunning but so close to Inverness and easy to find. Wes is a great teacher, his informal ad hoc style was perfect for a lazy Sunday! The feminine touch courtesy of Wes's partner Ros means that there is a gorgeous chalet with rocking chairs on the veranda and hanging baskets where you can take a break for a tea and chat. Oh yes and lots of fabulous home baking! Lunch was a perfect home made soup and toasties, with plenty more home baking! Hoping to be able to go back again soon.

All reviews
"an excellent guide"
"the river"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We were brought here by friends to try fly fishing for the first time. And had the most amazing day! Got easily to the loch, some great tuition, and plenty of fish about.

Lunch, tea and refreshments were so very tasty, and plentiful.

The owners, Wes and Ros,were brilliant hosts.

We will make a point of coming back in the future.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

I'd been meaning to try fishing here for a while and finally took the plunge when a children's day was advertised. My 7 year old daughter, a friend and i headed over and I can safely say I learnt more about fishing in the one day than I have in the past couple of years. Wes is an incredible teacher and made the day a lot of fun. Watching my daughter catch fish and really enjoy fishing made a huge change from the last time I took her and was even better than the fact that, with Wes's help, I managed to get a personal best for a days fishing. This in itself made for a great day, but in honesty was only half the reason why loch Ann has changed my idea of fly fishing for ever. The facilities are unlike anything I've seen before and it's tempting to pretend to go fly fishing and then just spend the day relaxing in peace and quiet and being spoilt with stunning home baking. I've never been fishing anywhere that offers you warm freshly made drop scones and jam, chocolate crispies and proper buns (not cupcakes, but real buns like my Mum and Granny always made). If you are looking for somewhere to try fly fishing for the first time or want to try and encourage kids or a reluctant spouse, find a new venue for a change from the norm, impress friends or perhaps you're visiting the highlands and want to experience the sort of lifestyle you saw on Monarch of the Glen. Then this is the place for you, a real feel of the Highlands with the warmth and hospitality you'd expect but might not have found yet.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

Had a great 2hours session at the private loch Ann. Wesley helped me with choice of set up and fly choice etc. gave me a tour of the loch and best places to find the fish. Caught 4 fish in less than 2 hours. Cannot wait until I get time to go back. The service, personal touches overall was second to none! Keep up the good work Wes!

2  Thank Steven M
Wesley G, Owner at You Fish Scotland, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

It's always a pleasure to do business with lovely people.

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 March 2013

This was absolutely the best part of our Honeymoon. My husband and I love the outdoors, but he is a fly fisher at home. Being able to fly fish in the Highlands brought him so much joy. While he stood outside in the cold, I stayed in the cabin enjoying great food and wonderful company with Roz. After eating a five star lunch, the men fished some more then we were escorted away to another loch. However, before going to the loch Wes was kind enough to drive us through the highlands letting my husband go shopping as only hunters, or "stalkers," can: by showing him all the game in the highlands. I would also recommend this to anyone. If you don't want to fish, you can go shopping or hang out while enjoying some R&R&W (rest, relaxation, and wine). If you do want to fish, there are fish to be had! What really made the experience though were Roz and Wes. They were so warm and welcoming, and we immediately felt and instant kinship to them. Oh, and the price was very reasonable.

1  Thank LePetitMer
Wesley G, Owner at You Fish Scotland, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2013

Its always a pleasure to meet lovely people and show them around. We would like to think that we will see this couple again as their company was delightful. Good luck for the future.X