“A Briliant Day”
Review of You Fish Scotland

You Fish Scotland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: You Fish Scotland will look after your every requirement. All you have to do is be ready to go and thats it! We will provide you with all the equipment and have you fishing straight away. We have access to some amazing waters that include Scotland's famous Hill lochs, Famous Named Rivers and our very own privately owned waters. We have a Log Cabin designed for the fisher and his or her partner. They can sit and relax under the verandah and watch the passing wildlife while you are out catching the fish of your dreams. We will provide Lunch and beverages throughout and give you a true Scottish day to remember. Fly fishing in Inverness is only minutes away. You can be fly fishing for Atlantic salmon, Wild Brown Trout, Pike, Perch and Sea Trout within minutes.
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We spent a fantastic day learning to fish with Wes and Ros, the location, food, fishing and above all the company was superb. We felt like we had stepped into their lives for a day and loved every minute of it. Friendly, informal and yet very professional, these guys are genuinely nice people that simply want you to have a great Scottish fishing experience.

All reviews
"the river"
in 4 reviews
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 21 October 2013

What a wonderful day out, enjoying great tuition, great food and we even caught 6 fish!! We couldn't have asked for anything more, would recommend this to anyone and hopefully we will return again soon.

1  Thank Chris H
Reviewed 4 August 2013

i'm going to try and keep this review short but i'm not sure I can. I will start with the initial query. I noticed you fish Scotland on a local facebook groups page last year. I made a query and they were so helpful and informative - very reassuring when you know absolutely nothing about fly fishing. vouchers were purchased for the other half's Christmas and we finally got round to using them today. I should mention that I only contacted them late on Friday night to see if they could squeeze us in and it was no problem at all.

next - location. just outside Inverness it's worth getting directions/using a map etc. it's not difficult to find at all but we were a bit cocky thinking we 'knew where we were going'. beautiful location and views and in such a tranquil spot, you can't help but relax here.

service - we were stunned at the high level provided by wes, ros and jenny, from the patient instruction from wes, the attentive care and gorgeous lunch and food from ros to keeping our 4 year old boy entertained while we were busy (thank you jenny). I couldn't have been more impressed. not only does the beautiful sun house have a bathroom (no outdoor peeing here!) and amenities, but they also have a t.v and childrens dvd's, games, colouring books etc. our wee boy was in his element! he loved paddling in amongst the trout with his willies and feeding them pancakes.

food - yes, they provide everything at NO ADDITIONAL COST! tea, coffee and cold drinks are all provided as well as home baking (delicious), home cooked lunch and even home made tablet! from fairy cakes to ginger bread and delicious pea and ham soup, you will not leave lochann feeling hungry.

the actual fishing part - my partner and I were by no means 'natural fly fishers'... wes deserves a medal for keeping his cool with us and he certainly had his work cut out but determination from all of us meant that grant and I finally got the hang of casting (woop woop!). if you have never tried fly fishing, it is so much harder than it looks! I accidentally caught a fish - I have to be honest here as I wasn't even casting very well at this point. pure and utter luck made the fish bite but with wes on hand to instruct me, I managed to reel it in. a small rainbow trout was on the end but we had to set it free (no supper for me tonight). wes' knowledge and expertise is second to none - just make sure you listen.

all joking aside, I cannot recommend you fish Scotland enough. for those of you who are already a dab hand at fly fishing, then this stunning location and experience is a must and for those of you who haven't - go for it! you won't find a better location and hospitality is unrivalled. if there are any wives/partners who are being 'dragged' along but don't want to fish - bring a book and a bottle of wine - sit in one of the rocking chairs out on the deck and enjoy some chill out time while the men-folk try to catch the fish... or try your hand at fishing and bask in the glory of landing a trout before your partner does (as did i!). you will leave feeling completely pampered and spoilt. a huge thank you to all of those involved in making this such an amazing experience. we will definitely be back!

just an additional note - tripadvisor asks if wheelchair access and baby buggy parking is offered and if food is available to purchase. although I am not sure about the wheelchair or buggy info - from what I could tell, you shouldn't have a problem with either of these but I would check with them prior to booking (more for the wheelchair access as the buggy could easily sit in the sunhouse or outside). I ticked the box for food being available for purchase but please note in my review that all food is provided at no extra cost and ros is more than happy to cater for little fussy eaters etc.

Wesley G, Owner at You Fish Scotland, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Thank you for the Kind words, it is always a pleasure to give you the very best day that we can. We hope to see you again....

Reviewed 3 August 2013

I was looking around to have a nice introduction to flyfishing for beginners around Inverness. Fortunately, I found "You fish Scotland". Wes (the guide) was very flexible, since I booked the course only one day in advance. They gave us a warm welcome at the cabin - offering refreshments and lunch. Wes had a very friendly style of explaining and showing the way of flyfishing. It was a really lovely day - will practise at home and come back for a river tour :)

P.S.: My wife is not into fishing, but enjoyed it as well.