“Disppointing”
Review of Cobbs Restaurant

Cobbs Restaurant
Ranked #179 of 262 Restaurants in Inverness
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Food of very poor quality especially the Scottish Breakfast which was inedible. Had not been cooked to order as menu suggested. Black pudding & potato scone had been hanging about & were like lumps of leather. Evening meal disappointing. Cheap rolls instead of nice fresh bread. Generally did not feel clean.

1  Thank Foxy110

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Our first impressions were excellent, the restaurant sent a complimentary car with a charming gentleman to drive us from our holiday cottage and the location is stunning with superb views over Loch Ness. However it was all downhill from there on in. When the waiter brought our menus he advised us that there was no lamb available - not a problem. However, after we had placed our wine order one of the wines (£38 a bottle) was also not in stock. Then we placed our food order and he then returned because one of the starters was also off. My starter of assorted smoked fish was ok (smoked salmon, smoked trout, smoked mackerel and some smoked mussels glued to the platter with dollops of pesto along with some very cold solid bread) though I suspect came from the cash and carry rather than local suppliers. I had the duck main course which was way overcooked wth a very strange red cabbage accompaniment. The dessert menu followed and two of our group were discussing the malibu cheesecake, the waiter then trotted over to say he had heard them talking about it and they had run out of that! When we commented on the large number of things that were not available we were brushed off by the man we later found out was the manger in a very brusque (bordering on rude) fashion. We asked for the bill and left vowing never to return. This place has one of the most outstanding locations in the area and is let down by the very poor service and less than average food. We won't be back.

2  Thank HelenCJ501
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Great food in pleasant surroundings. Lovely Australian waitress, her first night at the restaurant, really friendly, bubbly although a little nervous but she had excellent customer service. Food was excellent - would highly recommend

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The food is honestly delicious. Freshly cooked, and local produce cooked to perfection. My Husband had the Salmon platter as a starter on both nights- variety of salmon, smoked mussels, trout and roe - beautiful.
I have now found that I really like Venison, but don't know if I would want it cooked by anyone else.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

A wee bit strange about the way they serve, but the food was lovely. I had a Caesar's Salad which was one of the best I have ever had and my husband had sausages & mash which he found delicious. Just beside the Loch Ness Experience in Drumnadrochit.