“Good service and a reasonable price”

Inverness Bike Hire
More attraction details
Owner description: we specialise in all types of mountain and hybrid bikes suited to all degrees of riding proficiency. we are situated in the Caledonian Gift shop beside the clock tower and infront of the tourist information centre right in the centre of the city.we offer great advice and maps to enhance your riding experience of Inverness.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good service and a reasonable price”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Being used to frequent transport and riding my bike in London, I felt cycling would be the best way to see as much of Inverness as possible - it is. Visiting on the 9th December, with only a few hours of sunlight to spare, I decided to take my chances of seeing Loch Ness by bike. Finding the shop was easy, really close to the station which helps if you can't afford to get lost! With the weather on my side I hired a bike for as long as the light of day would let me (not long at this time of year).

The service was great and friendly. When I asked about routes the guy serving provided me with maps and advice, as well as extra directions as to get onto the routes. He answered my questions with candid advice which I really appreciated. I was provided with a helmet, bike lock and key, and hi-vis.

The bike itself was comfortable and worked well, the gears or brakes didn't fail me - which is quite important when cycle on significant gradients.

I cycled from Inverness to Dores Beach on Loch Ness which was recommended by the guy serving me. DO IT! Admittedly, being used to flat surfaces meant I wasn't as fast as I normally am, but nonetheless the ride was invigorating and fast. I managed to catch the Loch in an early-winter sunset which is quite spectacular.

For £20 I had the relative freedom of the town and neighbouring countryside; as long as my legs and the sunlight were up to it. The only point I could possible fault the experience with is if bike lights were provided (although it is understandable as not many tourists/people would cycle in the dark).

Overall:
+Good and friendly service
+Reasonable price

Thanks for an enjoyable time! Highly recommended.

Visited December 2013
highlandspirit, Manager at Inverness Bike Hire, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Hi Daniel, firstly can i thank you for sharing your positive experience of the service you received but also and probably more importantly, your positive views of Loch Ness and the route to Dores. We always strive to offer the best advice so that you benefit from your bike hire. The photos you added are very much appreciated. you chose a good day to go to the loch and see a great sunset as in the summer months it doesn't get dark here until around midnight and in June it doesn't get dark at all. we hope to see you again, many thanks

Porto, Portugal
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Bike Hire Inverness”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Wonderfull staff people!!! Even When I need extra help, they had been there to help and support me. They give total instruction and pray atenttion about my concerns of the ways I taked! They are very simpatic and smile persons, who help me in everthing.
I had an amazing and exciting trip, around the mountains of Inverness, going went by beautiful landscape!
I will be back here with more time, to discover others beautiful of Highlands of Scotland!!!!!
Thanks to all!

Best Regards.

Visited September 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

highlandspirit, Manager at Inverness Bike Hire, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
many thanks for your kind words.
Zurich, Switzerland
“Very Good”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My friend and me hired two bikes there. The people were very friendly, told us the best routes to where we wanted to go and gave us some good bikes.
Thanks Lads

Visited October 2013
many thanks for your kind words. we strive to offer the very best service at all times.
Hangzhou, China
“Great choice if you wanna cycle around Inverness”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I arrived late in Inverness and missed the last boat trip, so I decided to go for a bike ride. Seached online and called Joe on the possibilities of enjoying Inverness on a bike for some 4 hours before sunset. Joe was very helpful. He's a local and knew all the best routes. So I decided to rent one. Joe gave me a route map, patiently explaining all the routes and what I can see from there, including my favourite off the beaten track ones. He adjusted the bike for my height, offered me a helmet, a card that bears his phone nr so that I can call if emergency happens, a lock...basically everything. I feel so secured! I had a fantastic time cycling around Inverness and really enjoyed the highland view of Scotland! Highly recommended! Thank you Joe! Let me know when you are in Hangzhou! You know my phone nr! Cheers, Adora

Visited September 2013
Birsfelden, Switzerland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Inverness Bike Hire”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I like to thank Martin and his team for their very helpful tips where to go by bike around Inverness easily!! The bikes are in a very good condition and can be hired at fabourable prices! Enjoyed it very much and hope, that I can return soon!

Visited August 2013
highlandspirit, Manager at Inverness Bike Hire, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
many thanks for your positive review. we try to ensure that you get the best out of your trip which includes great bikes and great advice. its all part of the service.
we always strive to be the most competitive bike hire firm in inverness. Naturally, we look forward to your return visit. many thanks