“Wonderful Hotel”
Review of Beaufort Hotel

Beaufort Hotel
Ranked #22 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed 28 August 2011

My family and I stayed at the Beaufort whilst we visited family. We found the whole experience fantastic and will definately return. The staff were so helpful and really made us feel welcome. Rooms were clean, food great and the atmosphere in the bar was fab. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 August 2011

On the 4th August I was travelling from Edinburgh to Wick but due to Trans Pennine train being late into Edinburgh, I knew when I set out to Inverness that I had missed the last train to Wick. I thought I had better book a hotel in inverness. I booked the Beaufort from the train at about 6.00pm. The room was the only one I could find in Inverness due to an event that weekend. After a lot of hassle, I then managed to persuade Trans Pennine to send me by car to Wick so did not need the hotel. Phoned up the Beaufort, explained, the chap on the phone was understanding and said would not charge me for the room. Get my credit card statement and they have..........not nice.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Pilotinparadise
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I stayed in the hotel with my parents for a few days. The restaurant and reception areas of the hotel are nice but give a false impression of the hotel. We had booked one single and a double room and when we were shown to them were very disappointed. They were very basic and certainly not value for money. We mentioned to staff that we were disappointed and within a short time we were moved to two upgraded rooms which were much nicer. To be honest, if we had had to stay in the first rooms, we would not have enjoyed returning ot the hotel after our day out. The staff were very nice and attentive and the food was good although the portions were far too large. The breakfasts were slightly disappointing and there could have been a better selection including black pudding, beans and mushroom, which is the normal for a Scottish breakfast along with what was already on the menu. It was a bit annoying to have to always ask for more coffee at breakfast and would be a good idea to have a pot of coffee instead. We felt the hotel could benefit from providing toiletries rather than soap / shampoo in a container on the wall and also something to eat with the beverages provided. This hotel is rated 3 star but not worthy of this grading.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2011

This old hotel has a variety of rooms scattered across various landings and staircases. The rooms appear to have been or are going through a slow makeover with cheap materials. Structurally this is essentially a motel, with thin walls, floors and doors and run down furniture / beds if it has yet to be replaced.

The breakfast room and bar seem to be refurbished but expect inexperienced and disorganized service. There is free wifi but is intermittent and only in the front area of the building (like the lobby).

We stayed here primarily due to the fact that the rest of the town was sold out and prices were fair. This may be fine to stay for one night or with a group since there are many rooms but I wouldn't rush back here.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Stopped here for a night while touring. Room rate was reasonable for family of four. They made up the sofa bed for us.

The young lady who seemed to do everything (make up spare beds, serve food, keep bar) was absolutely delightful, a winning smile, pleasant, helpful manner, hard working and with the fantastic lilting local accent. If I ever have a hotel I'd want her working for me to run it.

Our meals were reasonably priced and served quickly. The kids liked theirs.

Plenty parking, short walk to the city centre.

I'd go back here again, can only give it three stars though as the room was a tiny bit tired.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We had a lovely stay at the Beaufort Hotel, in a room they called a suite (though it was really a regular room). It had recently been renovated and it was in beautiful condition. The staff were all very friendly, especially Mary, who helped us find a fantastic restaurant (Rocpool), choose a wonderful Loch Ness tour, and took care of a shower issue seamlessly while we were out and about. Breakfast was very nice both in terms of generous amounts of tasty food and lovely service. The Wifi service in the lobby was very helpful. The bar was friendly and lively in the evenings. It's an easy walk from the hotel to all of the town's center (it's pretty steep uphill coming back but still very quick) and to stroll along the lovely Ness river. We definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Have stayed in this hotel many times and never had a problem. Staff are friendly and attentive and the food is second to none in the area - the steaks are superb! Parking is plentiful and all rooms are generally quite even when there is a wedding in the hotel.
This is not what I call a box hotel with rows of identical box rooms but is full of character tastfully decorated by the owner. Can be a bit pricy.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with an en-suite jacuzi.