“Thread bare carpets.”

Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Thread bare carpets.”
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Stayed 1st December 2012. Having come from Inverness you aspired to have a meal and stay in the Beaufort Hotel, it was thee hotel in Inverness, sorry to say that in now a distant memory. The front off house is still impressive, l am afraid that's were it ends, proceed up stairs to your room and you notice the decor is needing attention, thread bare carpets lead us to our room, number 29. Inside the heating was off and the room carpet was full off various stains. The on-suite was off a reasonable size, TV was faulty and the room in general needed an upgrade. Breakfast was good along with the service, would not recommend this hotel to anyone. We go up to Inveness on a monthly basis and will certainly not use this hotel again.
Went to the Mustard Seed for a meal and was not disappointed, the venison dish was first class. Excellent service from our waitress Simone and will go there again.

Room Tip: Don't get room number 29.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Arabic first
Stockport, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2012

I stayed here recently with my husband, sister and brother to attend the Cremation service of my dear Auntie. We can't say enough about the service we received from the very friendly helpful staff. The rooms were warm, the bed comfortable and the bedding immaculate. We had evening meal, breakfast and lunch; it was delicious and plentiful. Well done to all at the hotel. I know I speak for the rest of my party when I say that we recommend this hotel highly and if we were ever to return to Inverness, which, we would love to do under happier circumstances, we would stay there again without hesitation. They waiters and waitresses wear tarten aprons which are just lovely and you'll want one!

Room Tip: The Beaufort Room is really lovely.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Wendy B
Fort William, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Booked on the day I stayed - a monday night in late November 2012. Booked through laterooms.com - got a single with no breakfast for £35 - and ended up getting upgraded to a very nice double.

Used to live in Inverness and have drunk in the hotel bar several times, and have attended several functions so no problem finding it; however it is in a very prominent location so would be easy to locate.

Large car park
Access to hotel from rear car park during standard hours - keycard access at front otherwise.
Nice ambience on entry
VERY friendly and helpful reception staff
Large room
Large shower room with HUGE shower
Shower like Niagara Falls!
No noise from other rooms; however I did get woken up by people in corridor leaving early
Fairly good blackout in room

The one thing I would raise is the lack of an exit/reception sign for the upstairs rooms - it's a bit of a maze, and all signs appear to point towards the rooms!

Overall - very very good and would definitely stay again if the price was right.

NB: didn't have breakfast, but anecdotally I have heard the food is good. Also - it's only ten minutes walk from some good places to eat. My sleep rating is based on the fact I was woken up - otherwise it would have been very good. Also - my value rating is based on the fact I got such a good deal on the day.

Room Tip: Room 33 - quiet and away from main road outside. Very comfortable and spacious.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
fraserburgh
Reviewed 21 November 2012

The staff are very nice you are greeted everytime you meet them. The food is very good and a nice and relaxing place to be will stay again. Would like to thank everyone for a lovely weekend
wish we could have stayed longer.

1 Thank george s
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2012

We stayed here recently for a large family trip for my Mother's funeral and at such a difficult time the staff were brilliant and our stay here made a difficult time all the better. The rooms were clean and spacious. A very warm welcome and most of our rooms had been made ready especially early for us (9am!) so we could rest and shower after the sleeper service up to Invermess. Extra sofabed in our room was perfect for our little ones and a cot was offered before we'd even asked. My wife unfortunately knocked the bathroom radiator off the wall and this was fixed immediately without question. A great space for entertaining (3 restaurants / bars in fact) with a roaring fire. A super buffet for our guests, other events were also going on all weekend but not so as you'd notice and the staff were extremely attentive. Babysitters were provided for us for two nights and were top class. All the girls in the restaurant and bars were very helpful and friendly. I can't recommend these people enough, thank you so much!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Drew7777
Jedburgh
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Spent two nights in the Beaufort the staff were fantastic, everyone smart and friendly, with the neat "Beaufort Hotel" tartan aprons on all waiting staff.

Met by the manager at reception and was warmly met as if we were regular customers which provided the friendly atmosphere that we enjoyed over the next two days.

We were in the Beaufort room in the hotel which again was to a high standard and had two nights of comfort and peace, even though the room was facing the back of the hotel looking over the car park.

We ate dinner on the first night in the hotel and the food was of a very high standard and quantity, no spare room for a dessert.

Breakfast was excellent with a hearty scottish cooked breakfast with superb sausages, bacon and black pudding.

Service was also excellent in the dining room

I am looking forward to returning to Inverness in the future and will be looking to book the Beaufort again, as it was excellent value, high quality and only 5 minutes walk to the town centre.

Room Tip: The Beaufort room was excellent
1 Thank RoyBrookes57
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Me and my parter stayed here for one night, when we arrived the receptionist was terrible, insulted my partners english, we then went to the room where there was dirt everywhere, unclean bed sheets, so when i thought it could not get any worse, there was a large party making noise at 11, i called reception and asked about it, they assured me they were leaving, then 3 hours later they were still making so much noise, I would say this is the worst place to stay in inverness.

Room Tip: Do not stay here if you want any sleep.
3 Thank aleckowalczyk