“Best of three”

Ranked #138 of 246 Inverness B&B and Inns
Greenville, North Carolina
“Best of three”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

We stayed in three guest houses while traveling in the UK. This was the best by far. The rooms (bedroom & bathroom) were spacious and clean. The owner was very accommodating when asked about an early breakfast. Enjoyed our stay. Will stay there again if the opportunity arises.

Room Tip: Inquire as to the size of the rooms prior to booking.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2011

Every year my friends and I stay at this guesthouse, when I go to visit my family or for just a quiet getaway.

The service is always as expected, rooms are well equipped and modernly decorated and clean always making it a most comfortable stay. A very short distance from the town center and being situated in a nice area makes good for little or long strolls. The breakfast is anything you would usually expect from any B&B wether it be a full english or cereal to get your day started. Staff are always happy to accomodate with any enquiries.

Very lovely place to stay I recommend very much !

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2011

We booked the guest house at the very last minute, as it wasnt a planned trip. The owner was very sweet when we called to check if she had any availability, she even gave a great price for two nights. The room was big and tastefully decorated with all the amenities in it. Since we are vegetarian she made it a point to check with us, our exact dietary requirements. its close to the shopping centre and all the sight seeing spots, located in a quite neighbourhood. I would definitely reccommend it to our friends and go there again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
isle of lewis
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2010

I checked this place on-line and the website makes it look lovely. Sadly, my daughter and I got a ground floor double room which is badly needing updated. Here are the things we didn't enjoy - woodlice on the carpet, ancient bathroom suit, minimal toiletries provided ie. half used hand wash/shower wash, faded duvet cover that had highlighter pen and other stains on it, too many tables in the room, blown bulb in the bedside lamp, no telly reception on the "freeview" telly, no info sheet of when breakfast was etc., a rushed breakfast that didn't allow for cereal/juice to start....... Here are the things we did like - very cheery staff, very clean room despite being dated, very close to shops and cafes, a reduction in rate when we raised our concerns, and the offer the leave luggage when checking out.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank laxayjen
ullapool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2010

More than happy with the accomodation and standard of breakfast. Nice, large rooms, well equiped and close to the city centre. We would highly recommend this lovely guest house!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
irvine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2010

On booking the hotel two weeks before the end of April this year we agreed a price of £64 for two nights as I was going to my Uncle's wedding at a local church at the end of the road.
I paid cash On the Sunday when I left But 4 Weeks later they took £58 pounds from my bank account saying they made a mistake.I have now placed this in the hands of Trading Standards.
When I phoned to sort this out they then made remarks about noise at night,unfortunatly both myself and my sister were ill with sickness and bowel problems as were a lot of the guests at the wedding over the next few days.

So being like that we were in no mood to make a noise but this sounds like sour grapes to me,I would not recommend this plece to anyone in case the same thing happens to them.
They were given my card details in case we did not turn up as did other members of my family that had booked into other hotels in the same area but I seem to have picked the wrong place to stay.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank popsad
Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2010

This place was nicely away from the city center, but was right across the street from a bus stop to the city center, so the location was never an issue. Also, the shopping center was very easy walking distance. Also, the breakfast in the morning was delicious, and the proprietor was very nice and accomedating. The rooms were pretty big, very cozy, and very comfortable. Would definately go back.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple