Premier Inn Inverness Centre (Millburn Rd) Hotel
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Clean and modern. Loved the flat-screen TV and fancy beauty mirror with lights in our room. We had to walk outside to get to the dining facilities...not really desirable for Inverness but there is no other option if you're staying in the part that's not connected.
Breakfast as always, excellent. However, there was a long delay for the cooked breakfast. It's not part of the buffet as with many other PI's we have stayed in. It was well presented and cooked perfectly tho and the staff were courteous and apologetic for the delay. Overall the stay was very good.

Room Tip: Room that's connected to the restaurant.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Becca C, Reception Team Leader at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (Millburn Rd) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback following your stay with us here at Inverness Centre Premier Inn (Millburn Road).

Our rooms have been recently refurbished and we are delighted with them so it's great to hear that you liked it too. Those 40" TVs are definitely a favourite!

It is unfortunate that, from either building, guests have to go outside to be able to access the Restaurant. As you said, the Inverness weather does not always make this a pleasant trip. If you are staying with us again please pop by Reception before heading to the Restaurant and we can give you a nice big umbrella to avoid the rain.

I will pass your feedback regarding breakfast to Linda, our Food & Beverage Manager. I do apologise that you waited longer than expected for it to be served to you. I'm sure though, that the team will be very happy to hear how much you enjoyed it when it was served.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us this feedback. We hope to welcome you back again soon,

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Inverness Centre (Millburn Rd) Hotel

Reviewed 6 August 2012

We stayed for 5 nights at this Premier Inn in Inverness as a base for our highland tour. The room was spotless & spacious.We had very restful nights.The recent upgrade to a large LCD TV and better insulation makes the room feel more up to date. Ample free parking was available every night. Breakfast was cooked to order and the children eat free offer made it good value for money.Inverness city centre can be reached easily on foot.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2012

we have used prem inn hotels but never this one. it was a brilliant stay. the staff are excellent not only in the hotel but in the resturant too. they all go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and at home. the resturant manageress stands out from them all though. the rooms are everything you expect at prem inn. the menu in the resturant is good with some good offers if you eat before 18.00. the hotel is only 15 mins walk from the town centre.
the only down side is this, we were on the second floor and it was a little too warm to sleep well. there is a fan in the room but it was too small and too noisy. a ceiling fan would be better. would i use this hotel again- yes, if for nothing else than just the excellant staff.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Becca C, Reception Team Leader at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (Millburn Rd) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Inverness Centre Premier Inn (Millburn Road).

I am really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, especially your comments about the friendliness of staff. I will pass this on to the Reception Team and will make sure it is passed on to our Restaurant Team too. I will definitely make sure Linda, our Food & Beverage Manager, is aware of your comment too - I'm sure she'll be delighted!

I do apologise the room was not a more comfortable temperature during your stay. If you do book with us again, please feel free to contact us ahead of arrival and we can arrange for the window to be left open throughout the day to keep the room cooler. Alternatively we could arrange a ground floor room for you as these do tend to stay cooler.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback. We hope to see you back again soon,

Reviewed 31 July 2012

Satyed two nights at Inverness Millburn Road, was very pleasantly surprised with the premises. Staff were brilliant, rooms clean and spacious and the restuarant was brilliant.
Recommend it
Had no troubles with noise either..stayed for two nights

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jane J
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Premier Inn lived up to its usual standard. The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good. Had the continental choice and there was plenty to eat. Dinners were not to bad either and were not expensive. It was a good place to stay for visiting Culloden, Cawdor Castle and Fort George. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Make sure the lifts are working if you are on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carolyn j
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We booked this when visiting Inverness for the weekend and were very pleased. Good location (within walking distance of Inverness centre), nice big clean room and helpful staff. We asked for a quiet room as my fiancee was going to be studying and the receptionist was only too happy to oblige. Barely heard a sound the whole time. Very reasonably priced as well.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stewart R
Reviewed 21 June 2012

It’s a while since I last stayed in a Premier Inn, so I was interested to see what it was like. I booked online, which was painless. I did not take their “Meal Deal” of dinner and breakfast, but for £22 it looked like pretty good value.
The receptionist was friendly and efficient. The room was extremely clean and quite spacious for a UK chain motel. There was guest-controlled electric heating, which worked well. The coffee/tea tray could have been more generous with its supplies, but presumably more would be available at reception. The other equipment was a good quality hairdryer, and a fairly large flat-screen high-def TV. Unfortunately, the TV was not well adjusted, and the picture controls were disabled, so the viewing wasn’t that great. Also, there isn’t a comfortable armchair to sit in, which seemed pretty mean. (I met a fellow guest at the bar, and we had a good moan about that.)
Wi-fi is free for 30 minutes, and charged after that.
As is typical of this kind of motel, there was very little storage space: a couple staying for several nights would have problems.
The bathroom was clean, and everything worked properly. There is a bath/shower, but the bath bit is really only big enough for children. No amenities supplied, apart from soap and shampoo/bodywash dispensers. Razors etc were available at reception, but they were not free.
I had a light dinner in the restaurant: the food was good and the service was efficient. Not bad prices, but I would have done better with their “Meal Deal”.
I am pretty fussy about quiet rooms. It is true that there is a railway line nearby, but the trains are running very slowly at that point. I could barely hear them and they did not disturb me at all.
Breakfast was very good, and superior to (for example) Holiday Inn Express. There was a very generous buffet, and hot food was cooked to order. Refreshingly, the rather elderly waitress did not follow company policy of introducing herself (as if we care!). Instead, she just made sure that I had everything I wanted, and made me feel that I really mattered as a customer. I have no idea who served me at dinner, but I remember my breakfast waitress.
So overall, it seems that Premier are a tiny touch better than Travelodge, similar to Holiday Inn Express, but with significantly better food. Pity about the armchairs.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank sp33dbird
Management response:Responded 24 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here at Inverness Centre Premier Inn (Millburn Road).

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here and got that all important good nights sleep! I am also glad you found the Receptionist to be friendly and helpful, and I will make sure to pass this feedback on to the Reception Team.

You are absolutely right that extra teas/coffees are available from our 24 hour Reception. It's good to hear that you found the other facilities in the room to be of a high standard. Extra chairs in rooms is something we are currently looking into - I can only apologise these were not in place during your recent stay.

It's brilliant to see such good feedback about breakfast - both the food and the service. I will make sure this is passed on to Linda, our Food & Beverage Manager. I am sure she will be absolutely delighted to see such great feedback about your experience.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide the above feedback and we hope you will be back again soon,