“Rooms have improved...”

Premier Inn Inverness Centre (Millburn Rd) Hotel
Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Nice to see that the room improvements they were just about to make last Feb went well. Nice new large Samsung HD TV with a good range of channels, revamped bathroom. Apart from that normal PI comfortable beds/pillows, and decent breakfast. The bar/restaurant hasn't been revamped and still is pretty characterless: a crime in a building with such history. Fortunately there's a VIntage Inn 15/20 minutes walk away (other side of bypass) which is a far better option.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Bethany M, Reception Team Leader at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (Millburn Rd) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us.

I am glad you have enjoyed the refurbishment as much as we have. We are very happy with the finish and glad our guest can enjoy the new comfort. The televisions are great!!!

We are going to have a refurbishment carried out in the restaurant this year, and hope you will be able to stay with us again to enjoy our new Thyme restaurant.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

stayed in Feb during all the snow: a very comfortable stay, with very fresh facilities: sadly the attached restaraunt is a bit bleak, tho we are told is due a refurbishment in April -overdue as it is characterless.
Staff however, were wonderful & the menu was exactly what it says on the tin.
WE loved the peace of the Inn, & had a fabulous sleep.
All very comfortable stay & will stay again, excellent value!
I'd give the sleep 6/5!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us.

I am glad to see everything was to a high standard for you, and you had a fantastic sleep!!

The team are very happy to know we have our restaurant refurbishment coming up, and can, not wait to show it of to our guests.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 January 2013

Living in the Highlands for 25 years I drive past this Premier Inn at least once a month, but this time I had to stay overnight between trains. It's 0.7 of a mile from station & city centre, I walked from the station and back again in the morning with 10 kilo camera kit rucksack and roller case, so if I can manage it at 70 most others should be able too.

It is slightly strange layout as the main entrance and huge car park is in front of the adjacent restaurant. There is a small parking area, with disabled places, between the two separate buildings that make up the Premier Inn itself with the reception being near the road but at furthest point from where you would drive in.

The receptionist was extremely efficient and friendly, my room was in the other block just across the small car park. It does have security doors to get into both ground and upper floor which was where my room 51 was situated.

The room was absolutely excellent, far better than many high priced hotels I have stayed in not just in UK but worldwide, it would put many to shame! It was beautifully clean and well decorated, the fitments were as new. There was good storage and desk space, with tea & coffee making facilities. The number of power points was more and better placed than any room I can recall, along with the best large flat screen television too ! The room was quiet and comfortable.

The double bed, chairs, and decorations were first class, with good lighting too. The bathroom was bright and well equipped with stylish fittings, a decent length bath with shower too. There is an additional very smart lighted mirror in the room and opposite the bathroom door. Perhaps my only gripe would be that internet is only free for 30 minutes, but as I also use a dongle there was a very good signal available. The view from the window is to a wooded bank, but hard to see much in the dark.

I had an evening meal and breakfast in the adjacent restaurant, which were both excellent, along with friendly and efficient staff.

Excellent room, good value, I would stay there again when the opportunity arises.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Fuartholl
Bethany M, reception Team leader at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (Millburn Rd) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us.

I am pleased too see you were happy with the service you received from the team when you stayed with us. We work hard to make our guests stay as enjoyable as possible.

I will be sure to pass on your feedback to our house keeping team, as they work very hard to keep the standards of their rooms very high, taking great pride in their work.

We have recently had a refurbishment carried out in our rooms, which has brought the standard to a high, with great furnishings and fabulous televisions!

I am glad you had a good experience in our restaurant area, and will pass your feedback to Linda our Food and Beverage manager.

Thank you again, and we hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 20 January 2013

this hotel is great! very clean and just a short walk into town and adjoining restaurant is good too, have stayed here quite a few times as the rooms are always really cheap.....we live 50 miles north of here where theres not much to do so we book in and treat the kids, stay the night and nip home the next day....great!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Bethany M, Reception Team Leader at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (Millburn Rd) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your previous stay at our Premier Inn.

I am glad to see that you have stayed with us in the past and still choose to use stay with us. We work very hard as a team to ensure we make our guests stay a very enjoyable one.

I will pass your feedback to Linda the Food and Beverage Manager, who will be very happy to hear, you enjoyed your experience in the restaurant.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

My family stayed here twice over the past fortnight as a stop over heading to Orkney and returning home. Staff were polite and welcoming. The room was very clean and spacious. Beds were, like the adverts say, very comfortable. Perfect hotel for a family. Only one minor flaw in our stay was the wifi connection. Paid for one 24 hour connection, but could only connect to internet on one of our laptops. Had to pay for another 2 24 hour passes so that we could all connect to the internet. This would not deter me from booking again, which I intend to do on my next next journey up north. Highly recommended as a great stop over hotel. Oh, and the breakfasts were great and the restaurant staff were very efficient.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Bethany M, Reception Team Leader at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (Millburn Rd) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2013

Hello.

I am happy to see you had a good experience in the restaurant, I will be sure to pass this feedback to Linda, our Food and beverage manager who will be delighted to pass this to her team.

I am happy the room was to a high standard, our Housekeeping team work very hard to ensure this happens. I will pass this feedback to them, which they will highly appreciate.

I am sorry to hear about the Internet, but I am pleased to see this will not put you off staying with us again in the future.

Thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 4 January 2013

We stayed to experience Hogmanay in Inverness - we ate in the restaurant before setting out (good food, good value) - were able to walk into the city centre to experience the festivities before returning to our room which was quiet and comfortable (I was expecting some rowdy behaviour as it was NYE but there was none at all). Breakfast was good. One tip - you may need a blanket if the temperature drops - I did.

Room Tip: The end of the corridor is away from the street - that was the room we had and it was beautifully qu...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Hello.

I am glad you had a good experience in the restaurant, I will be sure to pass the feedback to Linda our Food and beverage manager.

We try our ultimate best to keep internal noise down, and our Night Reception work very hard to ensure this happens. So I am glad (even on Hogmanay) you were not disrupted and had a good nights sleep.

I am glad you enjoyed your Hogmanay in Inverness, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

This is a quality hotel with friendly staff, good restaurant and clean comfortable rooms. The Premier Inn bed is as good and comfortable as the TV advert suggests. We arrived just minutes before the restaurant closed, yet the receptionist called ahead and booked us a dinner. Even though we were the only people in the restaurant and it was late, we were not made to feel rushed. Quite the contrary, they went out of their way to make us feel welcomed.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Hello.

I am very pleased to hear the staff were accommodating to you both, and managed to arrange an evening meal for you. We thrive ourselves on going the extra mile for our guests so this was not a problem to us.

I agree with you, the beds are very comfortable at Premier Inn, which is great for a good nights sleep.

Thank you very much for your feedback on the team I will be very pleased to pass this feedback to them.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us some feedback, and we hope to see you again in the future.