“A great inprovement”

Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Weymouth,Dorset
“A great inprovement”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I had stayed here before, last year and could not get over the difference in the
Dining room / bar.
It was not just the decor & menu that had changed it was the attitude of the staff as well.
Room as always,was clean & tidy with all you need.
Our evening meal was also well cooked & well presented, the waiting staff could not do enough for you & the young lad at the bar, service was exemperally considering it was only his second night.
Full marks to all the staff, I can assure you that this will now be number 1 choice when staying in Inverness.

Room Tip: There is no lift ito the upper floor n the annexe
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Hollie R, Manager at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (Millburn Rd) Hotel, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all of our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and all your comments will get passed onto the team at Millburn Road.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
edinburgh
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We booked a family room and had an enormous room with a king size bed, two singles and a cot and still plenty of space for the kids to play. Staff were friendly and welcoming. The restaurant ("Thyme") was great - delicious freshly cooked food and good value and the staff could not have been more accommodating of our family.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Inverness Centre Millburn Road. It remains our main objective to provide a high standard of service and rooms. We are delighted to hear that you feel we achieved this. We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Wales
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights last week as a stop-over on my tour around Scotland. When I booked it was the last Premier Inn available in Inverness but when I return to Inverness it will be my first choice!

Reception was friendly and efficient which is just what I needed after a 350 mile trip on a motorbike! My room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable and the shower was fantastic with lots of power and plenty of hot water!

On my first night, the restaurant, Thyme, had just been re-opened following a refurbishment. Yes, there were the inevitable hiccups as staff came to grips with the new layout, systems and menus, but the food was really very good and the service was good too. I didn't see the old restaurant but the new one is really nice!

On my second night, the restaurant didn't run quite as smoothly but it certainly didn't detract from my enjoyment and relaxation. The staff went the extra mile to try and make things run as smooth as possible and I certainly enjoyed my stay.

Breakfasts were excellent too and I would certainly make this Premier Inn my first choice when I return to Inverness.

I'm not sure that this is allowed, but I would like to extend a special mention to Linda, Fiona and Daina in the restaurant who were simply brilliant! Thanks Ladies, you are a real credit to Premier Inn!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank WelshGreyhound
scotland
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I stayed at this Premier Inn for one night last weekend. The hotel is located within easy walking distance of Inverness City Centre. My room was spacious and spotlessly clean and situated at the back of the hotel away from the road so was nice and quiet. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. The restaurant was closed for refurb during our stay, we were given the option of dining at the Thistle Hotel but chose to have breakfast at the nearby Morrison's supermarket. The only negative (and hence the reason why I have dropped the rating to 4 out of 5) was that I was travelling with two companions, we had booked as a party but my friends were placed in the annex whereas I (a lone female) was given a room in the main building of the hotel. That apart, I would recommend this hotel as it is one of the nicer Premier Inns I've stayed in.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Alicante, Spain
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stayed at the hotel one night and it was perfect. Clean, cheap and quiet near to the city centre (2 miles) with free parking.
We had dinner in the hotel restaurant which was perfect. One of us is coeliac so the team leader of the restaurant checked the ingredients of each dish for us.
Helpful and very nice people working for the hotel.
I strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 September 2013

stayed for one night business trip. Room clean and fresh. Staff very friendly and helpful. Nice quiet hotal and although its on one of the main Inverness roads you do not hear any traffic at night/day when you are in your room or the restaurant.
Restaurant getting an overhaul I understand so my review is on what once was as it were, but if its the same staff it will be superb.

Room Tip: Upper rooms may have a good view
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Edinburgh
Reviewed 6 September 2013

set inside an old distillery means its a lot cosier looking than most in the chain
everything else was as expected
great staff and great beds and breakfast was freshly cooked to order
back in 2 weeks cant wait

Room Tip: the aircon in room 11 didnt seem to work probably fixed now but on leaving there was no one at rece...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple