“Great Hogmanay stay”

Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Forfar
“Great Hogmanay stay”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Our first Hogmanay stay in Inverness and at this premier inn and we will be back. Gd value for money. Very clean. The staff were very pleasant & helpful. Rooms immaculate. The restaurant was very clean & a lovely laid out. The staff were lovely and the breakfast that's was on offer was excellent value 10/10. About a 10 min walk into town which was fine. looking forward too a future visit :-)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Bart_Inverness, General Manager at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (Millburn Rd) Hotel, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to complete your review & for choosing us for your New Year’s stay.

I am glad you had a great experience at the hotel and I will personally make sure all Teams are notified of your feedback. The score of 10/10 given to us is very much appreciated also, thank you.

Bart Bukowski

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Fantastic quality of room and friendly staff. Room was spacious, spotless and modern with a huge tv and an extremely comfortable bed. Heating control made the temperature of my room perfect for me. Great nights sleep was had on both nights!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to complete your review & for choosing Premier Inn Inverness Centre Millburn Road for your Christmas stay.

I am very glad you had a Great Night’s Sleep on both nights. I will pass on all your comments to the Team, they always appreciate guest feedback.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Good value for money, booked well in advance and paid at time but was only £58 for 2 nights. Normal good standard of rooms, very comfy bed and cosy room. Staff friendly, let us book in early as our room was ready. Handy location, just off the A9 so easy to find and has plenty of car parking. Not right in the centre but only a 10 minute walk, which is ideal. On a busy road and near the railway but never heard any of this.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to complete your review.

It is really good to hear you had a pleasant stay at the hotel and that on this occasion you have taken advantage of one of our online offers. £58 for 2 nights is very good value for money indeed.

The hotel is beside the main road & not far from the railway, but as already mentioned in your review, you can see it but not hear it due to new acoustic windows in the hotel, which block all of the external noise to ensure all guests experience a Great Nights Sleep.

Uig, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013

This was a stop over for both outgoing journey and homeward. The staff were very friendly and let us book in way before the normal registration time. The room was clean and what you would expect from a Premier Inn. Went to dinner in the adjacent restaurant which was fine, nothing great.

On the way home the stopover was an 'off the cuff' booking Sunday night in November. Again staff and room was just what we needed.

On the way back the car park outside the hotel was full so I had to park on the forecourt to go and book my room as I had a child with me. The layout of the car park is awful, no proper turning circle and a very narrow, single vehicle, twisty road if you wanted to reverse out. There are very few spaces. I managed to turn using the forecourt for space.

1 Thank abhainn-dearg
Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to complete your review.

I am glad you enjoyed your both stays at the hotel. I am also very pleased you were able to check in early & that you experienced friendly service during your visit.

Parking outside the reception is quite limited; we only have 8 parking spaces including 2 for disabled guests staying at the hotel. We do, however also have another 60+ spaces in the main car park, which is less than 1 minute walk from reception, but being a parent myself I understand a space just outside the hotel would be very handy indeed.

Please do not hesitate to give us a call in advance to keep the parking space for you; we can also help with luggage.

Blairgowrie, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2013

great location for town access. Facilities excellent.Staff very professional and helpful.Choice s in the Restuarant for continental breakfast first class.More rooms with walkin showers would be a bonus.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Bart_Inverness, General Manager at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (Millburn Rd) Hotel, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to complete your review.

I am very glad you had a great stay at my hotel, especially the professional and helpful service you experienced.

It is also nice to hear the continental breakfast buffet was first class.

I would like to confirm my hotel has no rooms with walk-in showers, however across 4 Premier Inn hotels in Inverness we have rooms with this facility. Please do not hesitate to give my Reception Team a call before your next trip to Inverness and we will do our best to arrange this type of room for you.

Wick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2013

A great hotel but not as good as my trip to the other Premier Inn at Riverness.

Staff were as friendly as ever and we were quickly checked in and directed to the annex building where our room was. Although it was not far, it is still a bit of a trek when travelling with kids, a push chair and luggage.

The room was a great size for a family room and the cot was made up as requested. The cot looked as if it was new out of the box apart from some minor scratches. It was very rigid and sturdy and more importantly very safe to use. The beds were comfortable and clean as always with Premier Inn and the curtains blacked out all outside light. The room lighting is excellent and the main lights are next to the bed.

The room was very clean and tidy and there was ample bedding, towels and spare pillows so you have a choice of firm or soft pillows. Warm and toasty, the cups and tumblers provided were clean and there was plenty of tea and coffee. The room sported the biggest ever flat screen TV we have ever seen in a hotel room. Usually they have these tiny little screens built onto the wardrobe unit but this cracking TV was wall mounted and had a perfect picture for the free-view built in.

Getting to our Room, Number 56, was a bit of a trek when you have kids and a stack of luggage and a pram but, the operation of the door key cards are simple and effective providing ease of use with good security. Our room was in the annex building but, it is only a few yards to the reception and the room does overlook the main car park.

The hotel is very noisy and you can easily overhear other guests as there is a loud echo within the corridor. The hotel is on the main road and we did find it quite noisy and hard to get to sleep and to settle the kids.

The bathroom was spotlessly clean and again more linen provided. There is great lighting and a huge mirror and the bathroom was also warm. The hot water was drawn through immediately and it was plentiful too. The bathroom is where this particular Premier Inn lost my favour though. When I pressed the mixer button to draw the water through to the shower, the shower head came flying off and hit me in the eye. This was really sore as the shower head is heavy and metal. Thankfully there was no major damage or cuts, just a bit of shock and a little bruising. After a few choice swear words were shouted by myself, I fixed the damn thing on properly and tightly. I was just glad none of the kids were hurt. It’s hard enough to get the little soap dodgers into the shower.

I did try to report this to reception but after a long wait in reception with no one around, I went to get breakfast with the rest of the family. I did mention to the waitress there, but I doubt if she ever told reception?!?!?

Breakfast was absolutely brilliant as ever at Premier Inn. Again no decent coffee machine like my beloved machine they have in Aberdeen city centre, but still fairly good.
The set up here is slightly different to other Premier Inn Hotels I have stayed at. Usually all hot and cold foods are on display to help yourself to but, here due to the restricted amount of space on offer, the hot food items are to order. You can of course still order as much as you want of everything but you get table service instead. There is not even a long wait for the food, we were served within minutes of ordering, in fact, we had food at our table awaiting us by the time we got the kids settled with their cereals and poured ourselves a coffee.

Restaurant staff were very friendly and attentive throughout our meal times and they were great with the kids making mum and dad’s life a bit easier and a more enjoyable stay.

Settling to sleep was a big problem. The hotel is situated on a busy road in Inverness and there is lots of noise from the traffic. It took a long time to settle the kids and to get ourselves to sleep too.
A room away from the traffic would have been nicer.

Overall a good stay to be honest but I would have preferred the Riverness hotel if they had room at the time. This is no reflection on the wonderful staff, simply just to get a decent night’s sleep.

Total Spend for 1 night: Room, dinner and breakfast £140
Stayed November 2013 Travelled with family

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from roadside
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to complete your very detailed review.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I will make sure all of your constructive feedback is dealt with immediately.

I would like to take this opportunity and confirm that my hotel has only 2 rooms suitable for a family of 4, both of them located in the annex. Room 56, which you stayed in is the biggest room in the hotel. The annex building has no lift; however my Team & I are always more than happy to help with luggage.

I am happy to hear you liked all brand new fixtures and fittings in the room, the hotel was fully refurbished only 18 months ago and I have to admit the 40" TVs we now have make a massive difference.

I am disappointed about the noise you experienced; complaints regarding external noise from the road or car park are very rare as all our windows are brand new with a minimum of double and in some rooms even triple acoustic glazing. I would also like to apologise for the shower head incident, we have checked it following your feedback to make sure this doesn't happen ever again.

I am very happy to hear you had a great dinner & breakfast. I can also confirm our Costa Coffee machine is brand new and of the same make & model as the one at Premier Inn River Ness, I can’t comment however on the type of machine Aberdeen team have at their hotel.

Please do not hesitate to contact my Reception Team prior to your next stay in Inverness and we will do our best to help arrange everything for you in advance.

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel whilst visiting family from 22nd-24th November.
Very nice and helpful staff, very nice clean rooms.
Although our stay was quite pleasant, we were unfortunate to be given a room right next to the kitchen/s on the 1st floor above the Beefeater; the noise on both nights was quite horrendous with banging doors until after midnight and starting again around 5:30, not ideal when I'm a light sleeper at the best of times!
I did however mention this at checkout and received a partial refund a few hours later, very efficient!
Breakfast was very good (as are all the Premier Inn's); plenty choice and good coffee; the staff were also very chatty and friendly, always a god thing!

I will certainly book again, but shall also ask for a room in the reception part of the hotel, which my Mother stayed in with no issues.

Room Tip: Stay clear of any rooms along the east end of the hotel, especially room 55, the kitchen noise is te...
Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to complete your review.

I am glad you experienced friendly service, nice clean rooms & very good Premier Breakfast during your stay.

Please accept my apologies for the banging doors, which disturbed your sleep. Thanks to your feedback we have identified the faulty door and this issue has now been rectified.

I will make sure all good comments are passed onto my Team.