“Comfortable room - friendly staff”

Premier Inn Inverness Centre (Millburn Rd) Hotel
Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Had a two night weekend stay - all staff very friendly and welcoming. Comfortable room. Excellent bathroom with shower and bath. Friendly staff in comfortable bar. Convenient for town. Plenty of parking.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Booked a twin room for the two of us. One bed was great the other was a rubbish put you up sofa bed. Lady on reception says they have not yet got round to upgrading the twin rooms yet. If you want twin beds I wouldn't bother with this hotel as one of you will get a good nights sleep the other may not. The shower was not great, very little adjustment with two hands needed to move it and not a lot of pressure. All the soap and shampoo is in a dispenser like you get in a public toilet the best way to get any amount of soap out of them is to lift flap and push the bag and button from inside. Better to take your own. I would not use Premier again if I required a twin room you should not be expected to sleep in a very wobbly sofa bed. If Lenny jumped on that he'd be on the floor.

Room Tip: Don't choose a twin. Some rooms can be very dark may be just the ones at the back where we we...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Bart_Inverness, General Manager at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (Millburn Rd) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the hotel.

I would like to take this opportunity and confirm we have now received brand new beds, which Lenny Henry would be very happy with himself. However, at this specific hotel if a twin or family room is booked the 2nd smaller bed is the Premier Inn sofa bed. I regret this wasn’t explained earlier, but would like to assure you we will do our best to help you find the best suitable Premier Inn hotel in Inverness prior to your next stay.

I was also quite disappointed with feedback regarding new bathroom dispensers. Premier Inn has invested a lot of time and money in improving our product across all hotels. All our shower gel and soap dispensers were just replaced in May. Following your review we have double checked all and can confirm we found a few, which weren’t fitted correctly. The issue has been rectified, so this will not happen again. There is also no need to bring your own products. Both shower gel and hand soap is great quality and free.

I can’t comment on the poor shower pressure, I can however confirm all boilers have just undergone a regular inspection and all shower heads were deep cleaned to ensure best pressure available throughout the day every day. I can only apologise for the inconvenience this has caused on the day.

I completely understand you may remember the stay for all the wrong reasons, but I am still hoping the service my team provided was good enough to change your mind and encourage you to come back and stay with us again.

If you could kindly contact me directly, I would like to arrange a full refund of your stay. At Premier Inn we are proud to offer Good Night Guarantee and I am a strong believer that only a great experience is a good experience.

Once again, please accept my apologies for the overall disappointment.

With regards.

Bart Bukowski

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Spent a few days staying at this Premier Inn and found it very comfortable with a fantastic location just off the A9.I would also highly recommend the Auld Distillery Restraurant for your evening meal.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 28 May 2014

nice clean premier very helpful staff meals in the restaurant were of good portions and tasted really nice.great premier breakfasts each day,staff were always asking if the meals was to your satisfaction ,no complaints.easy to park and 10mins to town.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was just a one night stay to break up a journey so this was a very convenient place for the city centre.
The reception staff were efficient, the room was very clean and spacious and as usual we had a very quiet nights sleep. Checking out was easy.
The only downside was that there was not any special offers on the room rate therefore this was not the cheapest option.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Reception staff not at reception, asked for an iron and ironing board and was told they would bring them to the room, 3 hours later I had to go back down and ask again! Room wasn't up to much, bit of a smell in the bathroom and the window was filthy, also on a main road so very noisy.

The worst part by an absolute mile was the attached restaurant called thyme, it's premier inns own restaurant, looks ok, staff are ok but food is shocking, I ordered a medium sirloin steak with the upgraded best ever chips, steak was overly well done, almost like chewing leather and the chips! Bog standard frozen chips, green beans cold and stringy and portion was small, £14.95 for this.

My partner had the hunters chicken, again it was so over cooked she could hardly cut it, extra special chips again! Disgrace, they charge 75p to upgrade your chips so I would hate to see what the standard chips are like.

Starter, tempura prawns, again these where pretty horrible, caked in rock hard batter, I'm sure there was a prawn in there somewhere! Chilli sauce was watered down and tasteless and the coleslaw was repulsive, dried out veg with a disgusting sauce, easily the worst thing I've ever tasted.

Drink wise I had a pint of becks that was flat and my partner had a coke, flat again, breakfast was ok but the staff spoiled it, constant moaning about the state the staff from the previous night had left it in and how they hadn't taken the bread etc out the freezer.

Overall not great at all, not like any premier inn I've stayed in before, so disappointed, guaranteed good nights sleep ? Well we certainly didn't.

Again, please avoid the restaurant, £42 it cost us and so so disappointed, thee worst restaurant experience ever.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the main road and avoid the restaurant.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

Firstly, let me sincerely apologise for the very poor experience we have delivered.

Secondly, let me assure you customer service we provide to our guests is our top priority. What happened on the day was a combination of poor communication and insufficient staffing levels, which by no means doesn’t explain or excuse your disappointment.

I spoke to Lauren, Reception Team Leader regarding the desk being unattended and she assured me she was helping her short staffed colleagues in housekeeping all day and she was very upset with herself she forgot to deliver your iron and ironing board.

Following your feedback regarding the restaurant I have also conducted a full investigation and fed all your comments back to our head office. Our Thyme menu has just changed and all our food comes from a set supplier, however this was the first time we have received this kind of feedback so I needed to make sure it is passed on.

I can’t comment on individual dishes or ingredients, but we do our best to monitor the quality of food and deliver best service every day to every guest and I am confident this will not happen again.

I know it is too late now for me to improve your experience, but please remember there is always a manager on duty available to speak to so we can fix any issues immediately.

Lastly, I have made a decision to refund the cost of your accommodation as well as the full cost of dinner to apologise for what happened. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly if you would like to discuss it further or if you need any assistance in arranging future bookings.

With regards.

Bart Bukowski
Operations Manager

Reviewed 19 May 2014

This was our first trip to Inverness and we couldn't have had a better experience.
Without exception the staff were friendly, welcoming and efficient and seemed to care that we enjoyed our stay.
The room was clean & quiet, the breakfast substantial and a good choice as was dinner.
The hotel is a 10/15 minute walk into the centre of Inverness but a 5 minute drive if the weather is inclement. It's ideally placed for travelling by car to the many attractions in the area.

Room Tip: We were at the back on the ground floor and it was quiet.
1  Thank JohnGMorpeth