Another Wetherspoons pub that is well worth a visit. It is being redecorated at this time which is good as it is a bit dark in there.
We have been there many times and the staff are always excellent and the food very nicely cooked and the beers, SUPERB.
I had fish & chips served with garden peas and my wife had chilli.
My fish was perfectly cooked and the chips, supreme. The only thing that stopped me giving the meal 5 was food on cold plates and the peas, perfectly cooked but not very hot. My wife's chilly was excellent and not to hot. Again cold plate!
Tim Martin, THE BOSS, is a brilliant caterer and if most caterers followed his way of catering the standards of food in this country.
Value for money, 5 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 27 room JD Wetherspoon Hotel based right in the middle of Inverness city centre. Attached is our JD Wetherspoon pub which has been in the last five Good Beer Guides. Cask Marque accredited with excellent value award-winning range of food and drinks served in the bar from 7am daily (alcohol from 11am) with food served until 11pm 7 nights. The hotel had a major refurbishment as at April 2013. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your King's Highway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- King`s Highway Hotel Inverness
- King's Highway Inverness, Scotland