“Warm and comfortable stay”
Review of Mardon Guest House

Mardon Guest House
Ranked #55 of 232 Inverness B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Nice house, nice room and excellent breakfast. Val and Chris are really nice and helpful. They prepare all the stuff from heart, really impressive. I missed much about the homemade ginger shortbread, wonderful breakfast after I left their accomodation so long. I have no hesitation to recommend and surely stay again when I travell there. ^ ^

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Mardon Guest House

Reviewed 2 December 2011

I stayed with Mardon Guest House for four nights during my Highland hiking trip. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there. Both Val and Chris were very welcoming and very helpful with the sightseeing, dining and transportation information in the city. I had single room en suite which was very clean and comfortable; the room is not big but I had everything I need there and Val was happy to supply extra heater on request although I didn't really need it. As I was in Inverness for mountain hiking so I brought back so much dirt and mud on my boots everyday, however the room has been carefully vacuum cleaned and tidied every morning without failed! Breakfast in the Mardon was another highlight of this trip. Both the variety and quality were impressive considering this is only a small B&B. If you visit them, you must try their home-made oat cakes, delish! I enjoyed my time in Mardon Guest House very much and I can assure you that you will feel the same.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 September 2011

We stayed here in September and were very impressed. Smart clean en suite room with special touches like Val's home-made ginger shortbread. A good location and priced in line with other local accommodation. The breakfast was probably the best we had in the Highlands - fresh local produce, a treat. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Both comfort, service and friendlyness were topclass. Their breakfasts met my exacting standards - particularly the home made bread/toast and scrambled egg (a lovely yellow mix of chicken and duck eggs) was some of the best I've had and complemented with really tasty black pudding. But the real personal touch was to eat the compelementary home made shortbread that was put in our room every day. Nothing seemed too much trouble either. Very well done.

Room Tip: room 5 was great.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2011

The room was very clean and comfortable,good quality beverage tray with Home made shortbread.
Service was excellent, good breakfast choices.
Good location for the city, our hosts very knowledgeable about local area and nearby attractions,well deserved star ratings.
Our first choice for a return visit to Inverness.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2011

The Mardon Guest House is conveniently located for walking around Inverness. The owners are friendly, the rooms are nice, and the bathrooms are great. The husband is an amazing cook--I'd go back for the breakfasts alone. I took pictures. Yum!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2011

This was definitely our best Guest House experience on our trip to Scotland. Our en-suite room was extremely comfortable. Clean and neat. The bathroom was splendid! Made our own at home envious. Val, the host, was so pleasant and sweet, and there we lovely home-made cookies in our room for us to enjoy. Breakfast was also great. Lots to choose from, and nice furniture made it a cosy experience. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple